Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I run the XXXs rear hub carriers because the Associated hub carriers are cockeyed. If you put a TC3 with 3 degrees of rear toe on a Hudy setup system you'll discover the right is toed in 3 1/2 degrees and the Left 2 1/2. Doesn't make much difference on a asphalt track if you don't let it go to your head, but it will make the car turn right on carpet. Probably what most people were claiming was torque steer. Made me crazy even though I run on asphalt, I just hate having something like that on my car. BTW both the Plastic and Graphite carriers are crooked. I checked 4 sets and then talked to some big dog racers about it and they noticed the same thing.

The rear tower and moving the shocks out on the front makes the piston move up and down more, generally people feel it makes the car more consistent. It also makes the wheel rate stiffer so you need to go to softer springs. Other than the consistancy it doesn't do anything assuming the springs are changed to get the same wheel rate. If the springs are not changed to get the same wheel rate it makes the front end stiffer, and does all the associated things. More agressive steering etc.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks!!!
so that's why Barry runs the gold springs up front...where as before I ran with red/blue spring setup on asphalt like everybody else.
Old 11-08-2002, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

That's correct. A lot of people around here are running Blue fronts with Green rears. Our track is pretty rough.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

I think your hudy stuff is off. I do not have that problem. That cannot be true. You see that the toe is set on the inside. The hubs are drilled straight unlike the losi hubs. If your toe is not correct then you pins are bent or your blocks that hold the pins are bad.

I have those same hudy setup tools and my set was wrong. I checked it with other set up tools and found it to be off.

Try someone elses setup board. The ones from hudy are not accurate.
Old 11-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 4wd

I was happy i was finally able to dial in my TC3!!!!!

removed the front one way, adjust the shocks!!!

and will tune it more as soon as I get my blue and green springs!!!

Thanks ROBORAT for the tips and MOTO for the insults(hehehehe)
it made my car better to drive!!!!
Old 11-09-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Using my Integy setup station... my Rear toe was correct with what the blocks said they should be.... So no problem here with them.

Anyhow I ran my Monster Stock today along with my IRS front solid axle. I must say it's a very nice setup indeed. Both the motor and solid axle. I was flying by everyone down the straight. Even with other cars geared similarly. TQ'd one lap ahead of everyone. In the main in the first turn got knocked to dead last and still make it back to 1st. I'll say the solid axle gave me alot of steering in the middle and exit of the turns. Basically if you setup the turns, you wouldn't have to worry about pushing into the turns. I did find that car would take wide turns at crawling speeds unlike my car with a oneway. Anyhow... I'm sold on the Solid Axle deal for now. Guess I can put up my oneway for awhile or until I go to a high speed course.... Hmmmm I'll have to test that out tomorrow.......

Blah blah blah... motor was awesome. I had no glitches with it and performance and consistancy remained the same though out the whole race... Even had my fastest lap on my last lap. Of course the GP3300 might have played a big role in that.. hehe...

Well just thought I'd post my findings on those 2 items.... gotta get ready for tomorrow.....
Old 11-09-2002, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The spur in Barry's car was made by RW distributed by schumacher. They are even better then Kimb's?
Old 11-09-2002, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I heard that there is a running in production change to the Factory Team TC3. THe changes are blue shaft, new arms and stiffer chassis. How do I know if the FT kit at my LHS has this included if it doesnt say outside on the box? Could you give me a date to when you guys made this change? THe kit has been sitting on the store shelf for about 3 weeks?
Old 11-10-2002, 03:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do the XXS-S rear blocks fit with the standard bearings and driveshafts, wouldnt mind trying it if it does not involve replacing everything, as i know my car is way out on rear toe, and running a tight concrete track with rubbers the weird handling is substantial
Old 11-10-2002, 03:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, all the Losi stuff is pretty much a direct fit. The only thing I had to do was add an extra shim to the pins on the rear carriers, mine fit a little loose. I run Losi castor blocks & carriers up front & Losi carriers out back. Stuff works great.
Old 11-10-2002, 04:24 AM

Default Toe accuracy

I think I once heard about the 1/2 deg toe difference was from one of the molds being off in the early production kits. The main point to using the losi carriers in back is to get the angle out of the arms and into the hubs, for less scrub. Carpet foam it helps smooth out the car. Use the F block in the rear and the 2+0? to get 0 toe in the arm and use losi blocks from there to get the toe desired.
Old 11-10-2002, 05:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yup, that's the way to do it. F block & 2+0 in the rear, with Losi 1/2 deg. hubs, mounted backwards ("L" on the right side, "R" on the left side), equals 0 deg. toe.
Old 11-10-2002, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

[QUOTE]Originally posted by NTC3NUT
[B]Yup, that's the way to do it. F block & 2+0 in the rear, with Losi 1/2 deg. hubs, mounted backwards ("L" on the right side, "R" on the left side), equals 0 deg. toe.

........Okay. I just saw this thread regarding Losi parts on a TC3? My TC3 is about 1.5 years old (I purchased it used a couple of months back), and looking down on it, it does appear the left rear has more toe in. It seems to drive fine, but I have never driven it any other way. Now; with that said, and I mentioned this before, my tire wear on the left side is unusual. About an 1/8 inch from the inside, each left tire develops this groove - best way to describe it. On some other advise, I have been rotating the sides back and forth. I have noticed this tire wear on some of my friend's TC3s as well. .............

Anyway; An advantage in switching some rear TC3 components to Losi? And which parts 'exactly' do I need? Thanks!

Greg
Old 11-10-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Do I need sway bars if I am running in the "stock" class?
Old 11-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hi,

I have switched the front "C" hub carries and the steering knuckles to losi parts. so far it seems to give more turn in atfer the apex. as for the losi rear hub carries I haven't tried them yet. I have heard mixed answers when I have asked the TC3 drieers who are runing them. I also run the "F" block in the front rear inner hinge pin mounts. if you are doing this you will want to shim the "F" block up about .030" (a alumium motor washer that has been trimed works well). as for taking all thr toe-in out........ I prefer to leave a little in the help keep the car stable.

unknown:

We run sway-bar(s) on stock. it all deppends on your setup, foams or rubber tires etc. we run foam stock.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.