Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if associated is working on a TC3 update? I mean as far as pivot ball suspension, or different geometry? I'm looking at picking one up, but will wait if they are going to change it soon.
I'm not new to TC's but always stayed away from the TC3 since it has a bad rap for being very fragile around here. I actually like associated products (T3, GT) and would like to keep my cars all to one manufacturer. My past TC's have been MR4's, 04R, EVOII, & Mission. All are good cars, but each has there own traits I did not like. The simplicity of the shaft system, low maintenance, and of course the associated name have me interested.

Also is the IRS grphite chassis really worth the money??
Old 08-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

Still no new arms in my area. How did you cut the springs to size? Maybe a pic?

thanks
Old 08-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When I made the change, I just cut down the ball link(where the spring retainer is) and let the spring and retainer drop down and adjusted the height from there. I can go down to 3 milimeter ride height now if i want to!
Old 08-11-2002, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by hobbipro
Can anyone tell me if associated is working on a TC3 update? I mean as far as pivot ball suspension, or different geometry? I'm looking at picking one up, but will wait if they are going to change it soon.
I'm not new to TC's but always stayed away from the TC3 since it has a bad rap for being very fragile around here. I actually like associated products (T3, GT) and would like to keep my cars all to one manufacturer. My past TC's have been MR4's, 04R, EVOII, & Mission. All are good cars, but each has there own traits I did not like. The simplicity of the shaft system, low maintenance, and of course the associated name have me interested.

Also is the IRS grphite chassis really worth the money??
FWIW, AE has repeatedly said on the “TC3 Talk” part of their website that they will not do a pivot-ball suspension for the electric TC3. And, any new suspension geometry would seem to be putting the rear shock tower on the front.

In other words, I wouldn’t hold your breath for a major update to the TC3 anytime soon.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Big Al, did your shock rubbed aganist the C-Hub? Do I need to switch to -2 or -4 degree caster block?
Old 08-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default Inside sources

The information I got when I asked about a new car was there are no new plans for the car for some time.

They did build and test a pivot-ball electic, but my contact didn't hear about the results(positive or negative). If they stated no new car on their site recently, I'd have to say that's enough of an answer.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

There will be a monster truck though. .21 rear exhaust T-Maxx type.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

yeah, that's what we need! More monster trucks and less true racing cars!!!

I would SO love to see AE update their real racers instead of building a big basher. . .
Old 08-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Tech Adept

Me too, but monster bashers pay the bills.
Old 08-12-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

They will build a new and better TC3, but right now they have they're resources on something else...besides the BFT. I think AE sees the potential for a monster truck right now. The MT industry is huge....getting close to the TC sales. Alot of people have monster trucks as a second car...right after a TC. So, it only makes sence. It's just wierd to see AE making a 'play' vehicle....they've been producing only racing cars for so long.

It'll be a good thing.

Boomer, you guys going to the End of Summer Race in Camarillo?
Old 08-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, we're planning a large turnout from the Pro10 class at SoCal. . .

I'm running Pro10, 1/12th and Nitro. . .

BTW - THANKS TONS for your site! I have been using the setups a lot! They are extremely helpful!
Old 08-12-2002, 02:57 PM
Regional Moderator

A new and better TC3 , is it possible?

Off the subject, I ran a front one way this weekend and I have to say it's an aquired driving style and track style that's for sure. A track with 45 degree turns and a busy infield wont be a good place for a front one way, sweepers and flowing track yeah. I took mine out after the first heat. Our track is not front one way friendly
Old 08-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, tight tracks don't like one-ways. . .did you also notice that it liked ONE line and not anything else? I find them intolerant of any slack in my line. . .

Sometime give the locked front diff setup a shot! Here's an example from CompetitionX (Barry Baker's Reedy setup)

It acts like a one-way under power, but is tolerant of lines, has brakes and can make tight little turns easier. . .I think so anyway. . .
Old 08-12-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Guys I have to say that I have been running the rear shock tower on the front for a few weeks and now have the setup and tire combo nailed.Does a car get any better then this? It rocks every track I race at.Now me car needs a better driver.
Old 08-12-2002, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Can anyone answer this one problem I'm having? I have installed the rear shock tower in front. The shock's retainer hits the Caster block when I mounted on the outside hole of the new A-arms. Did you put spacers to between the shocks mount to extend out?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.