Okay, I ran it this evening with the front diff locked and Baker's Reedy Race setup (for the most part. . .)
Before I go any farther, let me just say - OOOOOOOOOOOh my. . .was it hooked UP.
I tightened the diff as far as it would go without damaging the diff too much (probably flat spotted the balls and prolly screwed up the rings, but I'd be replacing those anyway, so who cares?
) and it was about 95% locked. You had to really TRY to turn the diff to get it to turn.
I had to cut the front springs just a tad to get the ride height down to ~4-5mm, but that wasn't a big deal. Rear shock tower on the front, yada yada yada.
So, I get the modifications done and take the car out. IMMEDIATE stability and controllability. I had the wrong profile on my M8 (dummy!) and it was STILL perfectly handling.
I had Mark Anton drive it to get his opinion and he said that it was like a one-way on power, extremely stable off-power and very easy to drive, and he doesn't like TC-3's.
I found that, unlike a one-way which wants only a single line, the car could run a range of different lines, from diving deep into the turn, braking and pivoting and then jetting out, to swooping like it had a one-way in it. I was able to block like crazy (and I had to - motor was crap and I blew a bat pack, power supply popped on me) and still run consistently.
I love this setup!