Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 04-15-2002, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

I am not sure if it's appropriate to post it here but,

As many would know that rumors saying hpi is testing shaft driven version of new car and it looks almost like TC3.
With similar diff.

BTW, my wish list for TC4 is

1. more setup options
2. even easier to setup
3. more solid parts in handling critical areas (aluminum servo mount, a-arm mounts front, rear, etc...)
4. IRS type chassis (at least as an option)
5. more titanium hop up parts (input shafts, main shaft, outdrives)
6. more quality control on some parts (diff cases, hub carriers, etc...)
7. better design of front bumper area

Hm, I can't think of anything else.
I think TC3 IS already a solid touring car as it is.

Last edited by rcruv; 04-16-2002 at 06:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question for you guys, have any of you trired to adapt the NTC3 suspension to the TC3? I know the shock tower upper A-arm mount will fit on my new TC3. But the lower suspension hinge points will have to be redrilled. Just curious if anyone here was daring enough yet. I thought about it, but I don't think I want to ruin my IRC chassis with new holes. I wonder if a new TC4 has this in mind? Hmmmmmm. Just a thought.... any one try a NTC3 diff yet either?
Old 04-15-2002, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We're working on that. Hopefully this weekend you'll see it if you come to Chapel Hill.
Old 04-16-2002, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Modena AL:

GPM Racing makes a "Shaft (center) OneWay". If your looking to go faster this is something to look into. It's $30 and doesn't leave pieces all over the track if you break an arm etc. It's not as agressive as a Diff OneWay so you can use it for every situation.
Old 04-16-2002, 11:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default servo saver

I now finally have a good servo .08 sec at 128 "oz. but my servo saver keeps comming loose I do still hit the boards some and have also just rebuilt my car and adjusted the saver to the kit destructions has anyone had this problem and what did you do?
Old 04-16-2002, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

I had this problem. I just tightened the servo saver right down to disable it, and brought one of those servo-mounted versions. works much better and doesn't need adjusting after every run.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

THought I would trow in my 2cents for whats its worth.

Budda- Try rplacing the nut and screw in the servo saver. when you have it apart. check and make sure the two halfs can pivot smoothly. I put a little bit of black greese in mine. another thing to try is to compelely compress the spring ( with some plierers)

then throw it all back together and it shouldent drift..

Kilruf- I ve seen it done.. it looks cool. but their are some problems with it. mainly in the rear. their is no good place to mount the ball studs.. Well you can mount them but the problem is that they dont sit in line as on the gas car.. this causes some "rear steer" meaning the toe in changes throughout the movenent of the suspension. The pillow ball stuff is also a lot heavier.. but dont let me stop you.. if you want to do it try it.. it look's cool..

RCruv- The worlds are in a few weeks..I am sure AE will have new stuff their.. maybe your wish list will become fact very soon..
Old 04-16-2002, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cosmo
We're working on that. Hopefully this weekend you'll see it if you come to Chapel Hill.
I do miss running at Chapel Hill RC. I hope to make it at least one time year.
Old 04-16-2002, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

I have to admit, while I'm not that concerned about whether Associated changes the electric TC3's suspension to a pivot one, I AM interested in how the Nitro's diffs work out(I'd think that the slipper pad inside the diff might be a good idea for mod electric). I'd be interested to hear if anyone's tried that one yet......
Old 04-16-2002, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

KansasRacer: You sold your Losi for a TC3? I'm shocked....
Old 04-16-2002, 06:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm not. Once I put the IRS chassis on it, that thing rocks...I think it handles better with the setup you gave me than the XXX-S ever did.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Adept

And people thought I was crazy when I sold my fully graphite XXXS because I thought the TC3 was better.Just wait till you run it outside. With the right setup it goes thru the corners without scrubbing any speed. You will think your slow because it never has to accelerate.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

the setup I gave you was from Chilli.Thats the year I got second behind Timmy.Its was very fast.
Old 04-16-2002, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

I'll be at Chapel Hill for sure this Weekend. I gotta retain my Stock Class points lead and gain some Mod points. I'd be very interesting in looking at your car when you are there. Eddel coming along? Gotta try a new setup when I'm there. I won't have the springs I need, but it'll be close enough til I can get some. Know anyone that has 2 sets of Blues and 2 sets of Reds? Cosmo? I'm still running my kit springs. Anyways, see ya there!
Old 04-16-2002, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well, I have some blues and reds, but both are on my Impact right now. I hope to make it down there to defend my win in the Impact class. I'm not sure who of us is coming down. We are going to Linville (www.linvillehobbies.com) the day before, so it's going to be a long weekend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.