Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2002, 08:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kansasracer
Modena,

I just finished installing the IRS chassis and stiffening set...boy is it awesome. I hope it preforms as good as it looks....
It does! I love it so much. Let me know how it works for you . One thing I would do before you run it: Run a bead of super glue all around the edge of the chassis. This will stop it from peeling up at a later time. If you run on asphalt here is the set up I use and its working really: 6mm ride height, 40 wt oil, blue spring in front, green in back, -1 degree chamber, just a little toe out. Hope this helps .
Old 04-09-2002, 11:33 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did alreay run a bead of CA around all the edges before I installed it. Thanks for the setup tips, I'll let you know in a few weeks when I get to run it outside. Now wouldn't it be cool if they did a version of that setup for the Nitro version...

BTW, thanks for all the good insight...are you running the center brace on it as well? The sheet that came with the stiffening braces said that you can experiment with taking the brace out of the center...just wondersing if you did that? Not that I would...
Old 04-09-2002, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

No problem with the help . I kept the brace on there. It runs so good I don't want to mess with it in the middle of the racing season. I might give it a shot during the break this summer see what it does. I'll let ya know what happens.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:39 PM
Tech Initiate

TPhalen..........................Tom here from shreveport........sure appreciate you comming out and showing us how it's done........It was worth sitting out in Mod just to watch you guide that 8x1 around that little track...........which one of the setups on the website best resemble the one you had saturday night in mod...........Thanks in advance

Tom
Old 04-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

TPHalen.......careful giving frstkornerpylup any helpful hints...he drives a XXXS....... .....

Pileup....NO HATE.
Old 04-10-2002, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Back to the TC3 after a long time away.

Just wondering what shock lengths everyone is using and what droop settings. This would be for a low grip surface.

Thanks,

Yorkie
Old 04-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Sup yall? Theres gonna be a new 120 x 60 outdoor asphault track here soon and I was wanting to get into onroad of course. I plan on getting the ftTC3. The track will be somewhere between tight and open. Will the TC3 be a good suggestion for that type of track? Whats the best tire/foam combo or foams? The track temp should be between 100 - 135°F I think. Thanks
Old 04-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

hey the outdoor season is gonna be starting in a month, i ran takeoff cs27's last year and im debating weather or not to run cs-22's this season, cause the cs-27 didnt have enough grip. Or i might just run yokomo 138G's with a medium insert.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:34 PM
Tech Initiate

I am having a problem with the diffs in my TC3. When I put the cover on it and tighten it down the diffs dont run smooth with eachother. The guy at my lhs told me to remove the shim but that didn't work. I have also tried to loosen and tighten the whole thing up multiple times but that also didn't work. I was wondering if you guys had any suggjestons for me on what could make my diffs run flawlessly with eachother?
Old 04-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Tech Regular

Would cs27s have enough grip for temperatures that exceed 90° daily in our summer weather?
Old 04-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

For that temp range, I would go with the Sorex 36R. Your first lap might be a bit slippery, but you will have awesome traction after that. (unless you use tire warmers) If it is below 100, go with the Sorex 32's. You cannot beat them for longevity and consistant traction.
Old 04-11-2002, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

cantbestopped44 try this. Put the diff in each transmission case and turn the case upside down. Does the diff fall out? If so, proceed to the next one. If not you will need to shave down the case a little on the sides where the bearing rides. Just make sure you do a little at a time and check them frequently. If you are able to accomplish this I am sure you tranny will free up.

Also, check the output bearing as well. What I mean by output bearing is the one that is on the input shaft. A lot of people overlook this one and could be the cause of the binding in the drivetrain.
Old 04-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

cantbestopped44,

I had the same problem when I built my new FT-TC3 about two months ago. Like Kraig said, shave the sides of the case LITTLE BY LITTLE unitl the fit is correct. I removed the shims and also removed the seals from my bearings so I could clean out the heavy grease. I then relubed them with a lightweight oil and put the seal back on. Now my drivetrain is super smooth!

Brian
Old 04-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Heya Brian, hows it going? My team kit I got from you just got turned into a Factory. I am still just running in the stock class, but the car is doing well. I have not played with the settings as of yet, but I am curious as to what shock oil you had on the car when you sold it to me.

Let me know.

Kevin
Old 04-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

70wt.

Glad to hear that the ride is doing well. Indoor season is pretty much over here, so now I gotta get mine ready for the outdoor aspalt. I downloaded the TC3 tuning guide from AE so hopefully that will help me get hooked up. The only problem is that my car will look soooo slow compared to the 1/8 and 1/10 scale nitros!

Ah well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.