Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choosing <3100KV motor!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Questions?? Choosing <3100KV motor!

Excuse me guys, could anybody make a comparison about these motors or at least make a testimonial about 1 of these, please:

Yeah racing brainpower 13T
Losi Xcelorin S 10.5T
Team Powers sensored 3000KV
Team Orion Vortex 10.5T (modified version)
or maybe anymore else which i don't know yet.

Best regards
Attached Thumbnails Choosing &lt;3100KV motor!-bm-0010.jpg   Choosing &lt;3100KV motor!-losb9404.jpg   Choosing &lt;3100KV motor!-teampowers3000kvsensoredmotor01.jpg   Choosing &lt;3100KV motor!-race_bl.jpg  
Old 04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

hey buddy do you mind on what car this motor gonna run in??

if tamiya M chasis, HB13t or yeah racing 13t its good enough, fixing a more pricy 11.5t is not gonna make any different....

due to m chasis limited ratio selections..

hope its helps
Old 04-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

mac853,

The Team Orion Vortex 10.5 and Losi Xceleron 10.5 motors are equivalent to 19T brushed motors. These geared correctly will be faster than both the other motors listed.

The Team Powers motor is a 540 sized motor and the Yeah Racing Brainpower 13T is a 380 size motor in a 540 size can.

I am unsure of your application for these motors so they can not be compared so readily. For mini the Yeah Racing would be the best motor. This is what we use here in Australia for Mini with 13T etched into the outside of the can by the manufacturer.

Regards,

Calvin.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally Posted by edwintklee
hey buddy do you mind on what car this motor gonna run in??

if tamiya M chasis, HB13t or yeah racing 13t its good enough, fixing a more pricy 11.5t is not gonna make any different....

due to m chasis limited ratio selections..

hope its helps
Originally Posted by caltek1
mac853,

The Team Orion Vortex 10.5 and Losi Xceleron 10.5 motors are equivalent to 19T brushed motors. These geared correctly will be faster than both the other motors listed.

The Team Powers motor is a 540 sized motor and the Yeah Racing Brainpower 13T is a 380 size motor in a 540 size can.

I am unsure of your application for these motors so they can not be compared so readily. For mini the Yeah Racing would be the best motor. This is what we use here in Australia for Mini with 13T etched into the outside of the can by the manufacturer.

Regards,

Calvin.
Then, i wonder to put a Cyclone TC with tub chassis(due racing rule) to facing some full option TB03D which is powered by Team powers 13T sensorless(not the same 1 i have asked before, other 1 is sensored).
Honestly, i am not sure if Orion 10.5 is on or not, due the organizers is still doubt due the KV rating of Orion is not shown yet in the box.
In case of Losi and Powers sensored is obviously allowing due their rating is shown officialy, so i believe they are allowed.