Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Tamiya crooks

i think its called r@d devolpment to make any car go faster.
i race a serpent S411 tp you think tamaiya release alot of up dates try keeping up with the serpent

any way doesnt really matter its ones own choice really to buy one or up date parts in attempt to see if its going to be better, i race on rubbers on a large track so every little thing i can try is always a bonus
Old 10-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Matt, I will be stocking the conversion kit as soon as it becomes available, should be in the next few weeks.
hey BP - can you get the black Tamiya diff parts? more specifically the diff side - wanna do mine all in black and need that part
Old 10-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got my Tekin RS and Tekin Redline 21.5 for my f104 I cant wait to drop that thing in and run it!!! I need to get it installed first... Anyone want to do it for me please im not very good at soldering? it would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shameless121
Got my Tekin RS and Tekin Redline 21.5 for my f104 I cant wait to drop that thing in and run it!!! I need to get it installed first... Anyone want to do it for me please im not very good at soldering? it would be greatly appreciated
Ask Sean at TQ to help you, if he can't hook you up, he will point you to someone there that can for sure
Great group of racers at TQ.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Tamiya crooks

i think its called r@d devolpment to make any car go faster.
i race a serpent S411 tp you think tamaiya release alot of up dates try keeping up with the serpent

any way doesnt really matter its ones own choice really to buy one or up date parts in attempt to see if its going to be better, i race on rubbers on a large track so every little thing i can try is always a bonus
Do u honestly think tamiya didnt already have the split deck and rolldamper part made even before they released just the first split deck lol come on
Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
just ordered my split top deck with damper really looking forward to trying this out when i receive it
I hate you matt!!!! You get me in trouble with my mrs all the time... I suppose since you got one now i HAVE TO get one too !!!

I jsut finished putting f103 rear tyres and front arms on my f104 carpet car. GOnna get 60g of weights for the side pods too and it should be killer.

I think i'll get the x1 conversion for the carpet car as well...

Damn you matt ...
Old 10-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by LordAnubis
I hate you matt!!!! You get me in trouble with my mrs all the time... I suppose since you got one now i HAVE TO get one too !!!

I jsut finished putting f103 rear tyres and front arms on my f104 carpet car. GOnna get 60g of weights for the side pods too and it should be killer.

I think i'll get the x1 conversion for the carpet car as well...

Damn you matt ...
Damn Tamiya thieves
Old 10-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
Do u honestly think tamiya didnt already have the split deck and rolldamper part made even before they released just the first split deck lol come on
Dude Tamiya is a business. Frist rule in Business 101 is keep your customers coming back. You don't make any money selling one fully blinged all up to date kit. You make your money selling a lower spec kit and keep people buying upgrade parts... you make a loss on selling the kits but then make all your money on selling parts.

Just like the iPhone. 3 comes out with sub par features, then 3S comes out a bit faster, then 4 comes out but has a dodgy antenna then software upgrades come out to allow all thef eatures you had on your phone 10 years ago functional again on an iphone 4... and all the while suckers liek me keep buying their products :P
Old 10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey BP - can you get the black Tamiya diff parts? more specifically the diff side - wanna do mine all in black and need that part
I am putting in a good size order and I will order a couple of all the black edition parts in with it . Everything will be listed in the online store soon, just trying to get all of the bodies done and shipped.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
I am putting in a good size order and I will order a couple of all the black edition parts in with it . Everything will be listed in the online store soon, just trying to get all of the bodies done and shipped.
cant wait to see the new goodies.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
cant wait to see the new goodies.
Ive got 4 new decal sheets in the works too, Mercedes, Ferrari, Force India and Virgin
I am also working on the fillers for the Re-Releases
Stay Tuned!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

The split deck and heavy pivot are hop ups for the damper plate configuration and are great for those that aren't gonna change to the side damper config.
Kinda apples and oranges as it seems that quite possibly the "plate" config may be the ticket on carpet and the "tube" might own the asphalt.
Jury is still out?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So does anyone know if u can get the damper roll for the split deck seperately or is tamiya just the biggest scammimg rc company out there!! The reason i say that is because at the beginning of the summer tamiya released a split deck only now i see u can get the split deck and damper roll as a set but how about for all the people that bought the split deck before now there gonna force us to buy another split deck just to get the damper roll if this is the case im probably gonna stop buying tamiya (scammers) kits......let me know if someones seen the damper seperately and i will apologize to tamiya but if there isnt its the last scam they pull on me ....crooks!!
As has been said before... you need the roll-damper split top deck to use the roll-damper, as it has an additional mounting point specifically for the roll-damper not present on the standard split top deck.

And has also been said, Tamiya are business.. be thankfully Xray doesn't make an F1 that you need to (re)optimise every year...

Just calm it down a little eh!
Old 10-11-2011, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

If you don't like the cost of the new upgrade parts, don't buy them!
I'm still tinkering around with the F104 Pro setup and have made great progress just by mucking around with how and where the chassis/suspension flexes with the std parts.
O rings and removing screws are my favourite tricks
Old 10-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

The RC hobby is all about spending lots of money if you can't afford it maybe you should take up Knitting or Cross word puzzles.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.