R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2009, 01:47 AM   #1471
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

My track is not low grip, it is high grip, but has a few bumps and humps.
The main problem with the F104 is that it loves to drive on its front axle and the rear is always trying to keep up.
Best I got the F104 to go was with wider F103 rear tyres, fitting an F103 front to it, and super glueing the inside and outside walls of the front tyres to reduce tyre movement, made the car resonably good for the dry, but show it the slightest bit of wet with the Tamiya Rubber Tyres and it was a joke.
F109 was far superior out of the box handling wise, the mods I done are not needed, but they have improved an already good car.

It's a bit like bying a Rolls Royce, great build quality, no flaws in the appearance, but as soon as it looks at a track it is blown away by a VW Beetle
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:00 AM   #1472
Tech Master
 
ali_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,152
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

anyone tried the pit shimizu rubber tyres?
ali_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #1473
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali_g View Post
anyone tried the pit shimizu rubber tyres?
Yes instock !

www.rcmarket.com.hk
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #1474
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,280
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
My track is not low grip, it is high grip, but has a few bumps and humps.
The main problem with the F104 is that it loves to drive on its front axle and the rear is always trying to keep up.
Best I got the F104 to go was with wider F103 rear tyres, fitting an F103 front to it, and super glueing the inside and outside walls of the front tyres to reduce tyre movement, made the car resonably good for the dry, but show it the slightest bit of wet with the Tamiya Rubber Tyres and it was a joke.
F109 was far superior out of the box handling wise, the mods I done are not needed, but they have improved an already good car.

It's a bit like bying a Rolls Royce, great build quality, no flaws in the appearance, but as soon as it looks at a track it is blown away by a VW Beetle
I would agree with the statement that it rotates around the front wheels.
I think the car is very sensitive to adjustments. Like I said earlier, with the kit tires on the car, when the bite came up, it was catapulting itself in the sweeper
I may need to dampen the kingpins to settle it down, but I also need to dial a touch of slide into the rear end. I think I have it set too loose at the moment, but I dont know
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:00 PM   #1475
Tech Regular
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
Yes instock !

www.rcmarket.com.hk
What is the rear tires compound?
Soft or Medium?
__________________
Calvin. L
JOY IS IMPATIENT...
COTA Home Of The F1 US Grand Prix
MaxSp97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:56 AM   #1476
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,137
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
What is the rear tires compound?
Soft or Medium?
not have mark ,
but feel is soft !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:12 AM   #1477
Tech Regular
 
MaxSp97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Camarino
Posts: 449
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
not have mark ,
but feel is soft !
Ordered...
Thanks,
__________________
Calvin. L
JOY IS IMPATIENT...
COTA Home Of The F1 US Grand Prix
MaxSp97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #1478
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 810
Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
Ordered...
Thanks,
Keep us posted...

it's kind of weird how you have to glue them to the sidewalls of the stock foam rims, but let us know how the process works out
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:57 PM   #1479
Tech Adept
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 214
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I would agree with the statement that it rotates around the front wheels.
I think the car is very sensitive to adjustments. Like I said earlier, with the kit tires on the car, when the bite came up, it was catapulting itself in the sweeper
I may need to dampen the kingpins to settle it down, but I also need to dial a touch of slide into the rear end. I think I have it set too loose at the moment, but I dont know
Speed channels 15 min video going quickly over the races this year had an interesting comment. This would be regarding the wieght balance of the car which is approx 52% to the rear, 48 up front. Comment was, to reduce the oversteer, skinnier tires might be in order for next year.... that would be interesting change if RC followed suit...

ok, back to your regularly scheduled forum....
RonF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:51 PM   #1480
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,962
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default BAR F1

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:





Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-bar1.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-bar2.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-bar3.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-bar4.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-bar5.jpg  

rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 06:55 PM   #1481
Tech Addict
 
gtypecanare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:





Looks awesome!
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #1482
VTR
Tech Elite
 
VTR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: SINGAPORE
Posts: 2,579
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:





very sharp looking mate, wish i had the time n patient like u
__________________
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/member.asp?id=31105
VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:11 PM   #1483
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,280
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtypec View Post
Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:





Another awsome looking ride Rod, of course I expect nothing less
Nice job
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #1484
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post
Speed channels 15 min video going quickly over the races this year had an interesting comment. This would be regarding the wieght balance of the car which is approx 52% to the rear, 48 up front. Comment was, to reduce the oversteer, skinnier tires might be in order for next year.... that would be interesting change if RC followed suit...

ok, back to your regularly scheduled forum....

what a dumass idea! bigger at the rear!
Less wings and more mechanical grip and racing will be even better.

in full scale ofc.
MatsNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:15 AM   #1485
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsNorway View Post
what a dumass idea! bigger at the rear!
Less wings and more mechanical grip and racing will be even better.

in full scale ofc.
Yeah!! bring back ground effects in the side pods.
Back in the 80's they even managed to run without front wings such was the downforce in the side pods
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:44 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net