Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes

Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #106
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
FMW...can you confirm 1 thing for us...on TamiyaUSA, Tamiya Japan or any other source, since day 1, said the F104 pro kit (58431, the only kit for 104) came with upper and lower carbon fiber chassis/top plate. Looking at your sample kit...it looks like a black fiber board material like the F103RM...what is true?

And on the option list...there are another carbon fiber upper and lower chasssis/upper deck...are they different carbon fiber material? Why 2 different type of carbon fiber..?

Thanks.....
The F104 Pro (58431) does come with the carbon fiber upper and lower decks. the pictures don't do it justice.
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #107
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing View Post
The F104 Pro (58431) does come with the carbon fiber upper and lower decks. the pictures don't do it justice.
I really hope so...however, if you look at the 104 OPTION page...it does have another listing of the carbon fiber upper and lower deck. Usually, Tamiya is very good in grouping the right parts at the right area...if they are replacement parts that came with the kit, they should be under spare parts area...not options.

Again...I will get my order in anyhow, the new type bodies is what I really like the most...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #108
Tech Rookie

My read on it is that the first edition will be known as the Pro, and come with all the carbon gubbins shown and on the option parts lists, but there will be later 04's that may not have all the same kit, and that many owners would prefer to upgrade over time. I think the option parts lists cater for those, rather than meaning the Pro doesn't come with them.
Dave23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #109
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
I really hope so...however, if you look at the 104 OPTION page...it does have another listing of the carbon fiber upper and lower deck. Usually, Tamiya is very good in grouping the right parts at the right area...if they are replacement parts that came with the kit, they should be under spare parts area...not options.

Again...I will get my order in anyhow, the new type bodies is what I really like the most...
Working at Tamiya USA, I can assure you that it comes with the carbon fiber upper and lower decks. It also comes with the carbon rear shaft, but that is also listed on the hop ups page. They did this so that when the standard version of the F104 comes out (no idea when) they will already have parts and part numbers for it. The first edition is the pro with all of the goodies shown.
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM   #110
Tech Master

Are they going to be releasing fairly soon a super soft compound tire, (super soft like the F103 came with), which is the only tire that seems to work on the asphalt. Also any chance they will release a rubber tire for the car?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:38 PM   #111
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default opps

Quote:
Originally Posted by minidriver View Post
Okay, I'm officially confused. The F1 race that FMW refers to (too bad it is the same weekend as "TCS Finals") is 9/29/09. TCS North American Finals is still 8/29/09.
Sorry guys! I'm confused too. I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. The F-1 race that BCR is putting on is the following month. Sorry about that. We'll be there and we encourage all the Tamiya F1 guys to attend too. Should be fun.

Also, the F-1 class will be a title class at the TCS Finals only, but not a trip winning class like I thought. Japan is not having the class until the following year.
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #112
FMW
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

More tire options are scheduled to be released soon. The carbon option decks are the same as the kit supplied Pro decks. Like Car King said, we are releasing the carbon decks soon for a standard kit to come out at some point.
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #113
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
More tire options are scheduled to be released soon. The carbon option decks are the same as the kit supplied Pro decks. Like Car King said, we are releasing the carbon decks soon for a standard kit to come out at some point.
Hey Fred,
Are all the hop ups that dont come with the kit on their way as well?
Any idea of street price here in the states?
I am planning on getting one for the NAF, that is if it is legal, and if I can make it out there given my current employment status.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:49 PM   #114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
Sorry guys! I'm confused too. I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue. The F-1 race that BCR is putting on is the following month. Sorry about that. We'll be there and we encourage all the Tamiya F1 guys to attend too. Should be fun.

Also, the F-1 class will be a title class at the TCS Finals only, but not a trip winning class like I thought. Japan is not having the class until the following year.
Any speculation on the legality of F103 cars next year?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #115
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarKing View Post
Working at Tamiya USA, I can assure you that it comes with the carbon fiber upper and lower decks. It also comes with the carbon rear shaft, but that is also listed on the hop ups page. They did this so that when the standard version of the F104 comes out (no idea when) they will already have parts and part numbers for it. The first edition is the pro with all of the goodies shown.
I have no question now...Thanks, and F104 PRO here I come...
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:38 AM   #116
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

I just noticed muchhobby in Canada has it in stock?
TenzoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #117
Tech Initiate

ya, i jusat pickup mine at muchhobby, I will post somes pics here later
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:27 PM   #118
Tech Master

Sounds like the new F104 Pro is going to be a serious fun competitive car, with the release of the new tire compounds and the new F1 specific motor. Does anyone know what turn the new motor is close to?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:00 PM   #119
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtveten View Post
Sounds like the new F104 Pro is going to be a serious fun competitive car, with the release of the new tire compounds and the new F1 specific motor. Does anyone know what turn the new motor is close to?

If I'm not wrong, the new F1 motor will be a very slow 32 turn motor....
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:40 PM   #120
Tech Addict

Default Feeling Red these days...

gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote