The amount of excitement on the new F104 Pro is cool to see. I wanted to post some hard facts about the new car. Ask around for those who may not know who I am in case you're wondering "what the heck is this guy talking about.
1. The car is headed to the U.S. as we speak. It's on a vessel to Tamiya USA and the ETA is mid June and should hit hobby shops in Late June to early July.
2. The kit comes with all hex screws
3. The new body is a work of art. The side pods are fastened with screws and double sided tape. If you want to go old school the body side pods don't have to be used if you think you need more radio room. The kit looks 100 times better with the rounded side pods!
4. The rear pod movement is not hindered by the rear of the body whatsover.
5. You will have to find a really small brushless speed control if you you want to go the brushless route. A GTB has no chance of fitting. Maybe a LRP SPX...maybe. Need to get one to see for sure...
6. Rounded hard cased Lipo's fit the best. It's going to take some creative mods to the radio trays to make a flat hard case fit.
7. You get a blank set up sheet in the box and you'll be able to download a pdf version soon on Tamiyausa soon.
detailed pics coming....