R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #9121
Tech Addict
 
RCformula1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 622
Default

Here's the latest how-to article:



http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...th-blinky-escs

We post new F1 content most days. If you'd like to receive notification in your Facebook news feed then please Like us on Facebook here.
__________________
www.rcformula1.com.au - F1 car tips, news, reviews and setup articles

We publish RC F1 news and articles regularly. To see them in your Facebook news feed Like us on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/rcformula1
RCformula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #9122
Tech Master
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Los Angeles/SFV F-1 Test Race Day

Winter Outdoor F-1 Track Test

March 3, 2013
Classes: UF1 and Le Mans



We are all invited to test and race at Marvin's URC V Raceway (in the SFV!)
Great opportunity to start testing set-ups in a low grip, long - fast layout track

This first race is for Free!
For all of us so we get to know the venue.

Formula 1 and Le Mans
Sunday March 3

URC V Raceway
Metro Link Parking Lot
8775 Wilbur Ave. SF Valley CA 91324
Track set up 9:00 11:00
Practice 11:00
Racing 12:00 5:00 or Sunset
You will need your own power supply

To register please send me a PM with your name and transponder numbers.
So they can be race ready and not spend time loading our data on race day.



Cordially,
Marcos Wanless
__________________
More F-1 RC action? RCTECH Formula-1-RC-Northwest & FB @WhatBrakes
HeliYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:51 AM   #9123
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 869
Default

I'm in need for a good setup for my F104X1 with Ride R1 tires for carpet and asphalt tracks.
Anyone else using the R1 tires on there F104 and what are the issues from using that tire combination?
addicted2blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #9124
Tech Addict
 
RCformula1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted2blue View Post
I'm in need for a good setup for my F104X1 with Ride R1 tires for carpet and asphalt tracks.
Anyone else using the R1 tires on there F104 and what are the issues from using that tire combination?
I haven't run the X1 on carpet but on a Medium grip outdoor asphalt with 42m straight and technical infield I run:

1.5 degrees camber
3 degrees toe out
soft front springs
30 wt shock oil on roll damper (basically only to keep it smooth without restricting damping)
soft spring on shock with 35 wt oil
kit T-bar with centre screw loosened

with Ride R1's on the rear I have all the rear grip I need at any track temperature (16 degrees - 50 degrees C)
However Ride R1's on the front push and I haven't found a cure so I run Pit Shimizu 571 softs on the front and have excellent steering without compromising rear end grip.
On cooler tracks I use traction compound but on hotter tracks it's not necessary. On tracks under 20 degrees C I find the Pit Shimitzu 575 soft rears give more rear traction that the R1's.

See our Tyre guide.
__________________
www.rcformula1.com.au - F1 car tips, news, reviews and setup articles

We publish RC F1 news and articles regularly. To see them in your Facebook news feed Like us on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/rcformula1
RCformula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #9125
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 33
Default

pasting here because there is no theme for F104 GT

finally finishing my prototype of F104GT PRO 10 (235mm) ...


there is still a lot of stuff to do (I think that you can find a lot's of them ) but no I should be able to race with it :-)
SquirrelCZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #9126
Tech Master
 
HeliYogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: WA
Posts: 1,195
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelCZE View Post
pasting here because there is no theme for F104 GT
finally finishing my prototype of F104GT PRO 10 (235mm) ...
there is still a lot of stuff to do (I think that you can find a lot's of them ) but no I should be able to race with it :-)
Hey S,
That chassis looks like a fantastic Le Mans car! Go to our thread maybe you will be inspired to go WEC

Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?
__________________
More F-1 RC action? RCTECH Formula-1-RC-Northwest & FB @WhatBrakes
HeliYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #9127
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliYogi View Post
Hey S,
That chassis looks like a fantastic Le Mans car! Go to our thread maybe you will be inspired to go WEC

Am I the only one that likes Group C cars?
actually... I build it for our local "Le Mans Category" :-) to race against here-famous corally pancars...

P.S: our rules are: two cvalifications (two fastest laps) and after that finale of 4x10 minits... and counts every finale... the result is calculated based on laps (so shifting from B to A in results is common).

pretty fun, because you have to slow down, because finishing is more important that single lap for you :-)
SquirrelCZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #9128
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Not sure where best to post this, but I noticed that my tires (TCS) squeal quite bit more than the faster cars at my track (carpet). The car gets worse as the race goes on, losing grip on corner exit and steering entering and mid corner, as traction compound wears off. What can I do to get the car to quiet down and save the tires?
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #9129
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
Not sure where best to post this, but I noticed that my tires (TCS) squeal quite bit more than the faster cars at my track (carpet). The car gets worse as the race goes on, losing grip on corner exit and steering entering and mid corner, as traction compound wears off. What can I do to get the car to quiet down and save the tires?
I think we need a little more info on your setup. Some of the squealing will happen depending on how you drive the car into the corners.
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #9130
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I think we need a little more info on your setup. Some of the squealing will happen depending on how you drive the car into the corners.
medium front springs, 2.5* camber, red main spring w/30W oil TRF shock, 20K damper lube, soft t-bar.

The track is low-med bite carpet.
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 PM   #9131
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
medium front springs, 2.5* camber, red main spring w/30W oil TRF shock, 20K damper lube, soft t-bar.

The track is low-med bite carpet.
Take the camber down to 2 degrees, blue center spring, 40 or 50wt oil with 2 hole piston. Add droop to the pod as needed til the car starts to rotate the way you want it to. If you are running a shorty pack, move it forward in the chassis and mount the ESC behind the batery. Ride height around 4-4.5mm.
What steering blocks ar you using? The 3.5 offsets will help it turn as well.
You may want to stiffen the roll damper as well 50-60K
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #9132
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Take the camber down to 2 degrees, blue center spring, 40 or 50wt oil with 2 hole piston. Add droop to the pod as needed til the car starts to rotate the way you want it to. If you are running a shorty pack, move it forward in the chassis and mount the ESC behind the batery. Ride height around 4-4.5mm.
What steering blocks ar you using? The 3.5 offsets will help it turn as well.
You may want to stiffen the roll damper as well 50-60K
Very helpful, thank you! I'm already using offset blocks, but this is very good.

Also, how tight do you run the rear t-bar screw?
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #9133
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,287
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
Very helpful, thank you! I'm already using offset blocks, but this is very good.

Also, how tight do you run the rear t-bar screw?
You will probably want to run it pretty loose to allow the pod to droop
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #9134
Tech Fanatic
 
The Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 953
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
Very helpful, thank you! I'm already using offset blocks, but this is very good.

Also, how tight do you run the rear t-bar screw?
I don't even run a center screw in the t plate.
__________________
-Derrick-
"Yeah, well, thats just like your opinion, man."
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #9135
Tech Master
 
BadSign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Franklin, IN
Posts: 1,151
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
You will probably want to run it pretty loose to allow the pod to droop
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I don't even run a center screw in the t plate.
Thanks again. How about kingpin lube?
__________________
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
BadSign is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net