R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-07-2013, 12:27 PM   #9091
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Only need to trim out one side; I'll take pics when I get home.
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #9092
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok, so here we go, it is official!!!! UF1 is coming to the Midwest region and in a big way!!!!! Here is the info, feel free to ask any questions you might have

I am pretty stoked about this and it promises to be a lot of fun and highly competitive
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #9093
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimracker View Post
Can anybody post up a pic or two of the X1 body, I would like to see how you cut the body for the side damper. I would just like an idea before I take my dremel to it. It looks like I need to do both sides?
You only need to do one side for the side damper but you may need to do the other side to ensure your motor wires don't catch on the body and restrict the movement of the rear pod (depending how you've soldered them).

Attached is a Tamiya Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 body on an X1 highlighting the damper cutout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator
The other thing I did was to set the front wheels with about 2-3 deg toe out. I read it somewhere, cant rememberr where ? Maybe an Australian F1 site. This helped my spinning out problems the most I think.
Glad to hear our site is helping. Check out the full setup tips for setting up a car that's easy to drive here.

We also have a more detailed setup guide, a lot of good tyre info and a pretty good Tamiya section.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-img_0922.jpg  

We publish RC F1 news and articles regularly. To see them in your Facebook news feed Like us on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/rcformula1
RCformula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #9094
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Ok, so here we go, it is official!!!! UF1 is coming to the Midwest region and in a big way!!!!! Here is the info, feel free to ask any questions you might have

I am pretty stoked about this and it promises to be a lot of fun and highly competitive
I'll be participating I am VERY new to F1, hopefully I can learn a thing or two from some of you fast guys about setup and driving technique.

It doesnt say in the ad, but is this an F1 only event, or will there be other classes running?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #9095
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I'll be participating I am VERY new to F1, hopefully I can learn a thing or two from some of you fast guys about setup and driving technique.

It doesnt say in the ad, but is this an F1 only event, or will there be other classes running?
Glad to hear you will be joining us, newbie or pro the idea is to have fun and grow this into a lasting series with big fields.
We are talking about maybe having a heat or two of USGT, but I want to keep the primary focus on F1
Old 01-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #9096
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like I could make both Track races and possibly the Hotslots but later on Saturday.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #9097
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Looks like I could make both Track races and possibly the Hotslots but later on Saturday.
Glad to hear it, Since we are going to do these as 2 day events, We might start a little later on Saturday to allow people to drive in on Saturday.
We would probably start around 11 on Sundays with the goal being to be done and on the road before 5
These are some of the details that need to be ironed out. If I can figure out a good way to do it I might even have a pre-registration online, but that will take a bit of research to figure out the best way
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #9098
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCformula1 View Post
You only need to do one side for the side damper but you may need to do the other side to ensure your motor wires don't catch on the body and restrict the movement of the rear pod (depending how you've soldered them).Attached is a Tamiya Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-24 body on an X1 highlighting the damper cutout.

Thanks for the pic, I tried to dremel it out first. I had some rubbing on the opposite side so I put a small hole for clearance, maybe different body. I figure I can always cut out more if I need to. I loosely added electronics I had laying around until my 21.5 setup comes, not sure how much that will affect the ride height and the position of the side damper. I have an idea how to run the wires but won't known for sure until the stuff comes. Looks like I have free movement the way it is can't wait to take it to the track to find out for sure. Took 3 pics of the dremel work, the other 2.. well, I had the camera out you understand right.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-2013-01-08_17-18-59_204.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-2013-01-08_17-19-13_218.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-2013-01-08_17-20-02_406.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-2013-01-08_17-21-17_89.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-2013-01-08_17-27-15_416.jpg  

rimracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #9099
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimracker View Post
Took 3 pics of the dremel work, the other 2.. well, I had the camera out you understand right.
Nice dremel work!

I quite understand. We can never have enough pics of our F1 babies

We publish RC F1 news and articles regularly. To see them in your Facebook news feed Like us on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/rcformula1
RCformula1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #9100
Tech Fanatic

I noticed my wires were rubbing right on the motor can, the body is just barely touching the fore most tab. I won't get any grief from anyone at an event if I trim the body to prevent this from happening will I?
Old 01-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #9101
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Batteries and the F104 Pro

Finished building my 104 Pro and just fitting the electric's.. not a lot of room... And I now realise why they banned refueling in F1.. Changing the batteries in the F104 Pro is a real b^$#&. But seriously, I did a bit of a search on the Forum and have noticed not a lot of people seem to be running the full 104 Pro standard top deck. My concern is I wanted to run shorty packs (Intellect 4400 50C) but there is no way to plug the corrally plugs in due to the top deck. Am I missing something.. can shorty packs fit with the standard 104 Pro top deck. Or what would I have to change to run shorty packs?

thanks.

HPI RS Pro - HPI Pro 3 - ??
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #9102
Tech Fanatic

I cut my top deck after the foremost standoff
Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #9103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Use the shorter top deck and mount a little foam cushion behind the shorty battery at the motorpod side.
Then you will have enough room to place your bullit connectors in the battery.
If have been running that same setup for more then a year now.

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr555 View Post
Finished building my 104 Pro and just fitting the electric's.. not a lot of room... And I now realise why they banned refueling in F1.. Changing the batteries in the F104 Pro is a real b^$#&. But seriously, I did a bit of a search on the Forum and have noticed not a lot of people seem to be running the full 104 Pro standard top deck. My concern is I wanted to run shorty packs (Intellect 4400 50C) but there is no way to plug the corrally plugs in due to the top deck. Am I missing something.. can shorty packs fit with the standard 104 Pro top deck. Or what would I have to change to run shorty packs?

thanks.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #9104
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsr555 View Post
Changing the batteries in the F104 Pro is a real b^$#&. But seriously, I did a bit of a search on the Forum and have noticed not a lot of people seem to be running the full 104 Pro standard top deck. My concern is I wanted to run shorty packs (Intellect 4400 50C) but there is no way to plug the corrally plugs in due to the top deck. Am I missing something.. can shorty packs fit with the standard 104 Pro top deck.
Shorter top decks aren't being used to fit the batteries, short top decks are used to improve the handling as it allows the chassis to flex. If a full length top deck was better everyone would be using them.

You can usually use shorty batteries with the connectors at the rear with the pack pulled forwards slightly, but it's simpler to just trim the top deck just in front of the standoffs.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 AM   #9105
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I cut my top deck after the foremost standoff
Thanks for all the input. I'm thinking of cutting the top deck. If I do cut it after the foremost posts, do I need to leave a little horseshoe shape piece at the front, attached to the rear of the front arm supports. (If that makes sense, where the standard top deck finishes now.)

HPI RS Pro - HPI Pro 3 - ??
jsr555 is offline   Reply With Quote