R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 08-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #8761
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what shock are you using on the VII? it looks massive compared to the std one above
On road - Race Opt - Team Powers
I)arkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #8762
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)arkness View Post
what shock are you using on the VII? it looks massive compared to the std one above
For outdoors, I recommend the higher volume TRF Special Damper

For smooth indoor tracks, the kit aluminum shock is sweet

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #8763
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
If you have the X1 upper deck, you don't have to do anything special for an inline setup
Here's my WGP

I took it a step further with the VII
But I'm not sure there is enough room on a 104 chassis to do this ?
And the tape slot is more conveniently located on the VII
thanks!! yes, I do have the X1 upper deck - so do i wanna mount the battery all the way front, like where the stick one would sit, or more towards the back, where i'd have the speedo/receiver?
Old 08-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #8764
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
thanks!! yes, I do have the X1 upper deck - so do i wanna mount the battery all the way front, like where the stick one would sit, or more towards the back, where i'd have the speedo/receiver?
There isn't much difference
What ever fits best for you, will work

Shorty packs don't weigh much, so the weight of the electronics in front or behind, is negligible in this chassis

The "post" end of the battery is the light end, so if you want to get really picky about it, there is that

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #8765
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Been looking at many f1 cars and I think I've narrowed it to the 104 or the f1r exotek. Does the 104v-2 and te pro have the same
Part numers or are thu different on some ways? Some sites say v2 others say pro only with no number. Also if I was to get the pro version what are some upgrades that are a must to have to either reinforce it or just for bling?

Been reading a bit but would like to see what others say regarding upgrades or parts to have only as a f1 beginner.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #8766
Tech Adept

Anyway quick question. I am thinking about getting a rear shaft counter wieght, is it worth getting ? Does it make an improvement?

Also right now I'm using a Gen ace 3500 mah 25C Bat and it fits perfect. My Turnigy Shorty 4200 mah 65C wont fit correctly either will my Gen Ace 6500 mah

They are talking about making the F1 Mains longer like 10 min, and I know my 3500 Mah might work but I want to make sure I have full power at the end of the race.

Now I see these http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp Peak Power Max 4200 Mah 45 C Bats that look the same size as my 3500 Mah Gen Ace but I want to know the exact dimensions so I'm sure it will fit in my F104 Pro, anybody have the dimensions or use this in there F104Pro?

Would I need a bigger / higher C rated battery than that?

or

Instead of getting a battery that fits the my F104 pro can I or should I possibly look into getting a different shorter top plate that would make it like a F104X1? Can that be done easily or would I need to change alot?

Last edited by 5VoltDetonator; 08-08-2012 at 10:24 AM.
5VoltDetonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #8767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5VoltDetonator View Post
Anyway quick question. I am thinking about getting a rear shaft counter wieght, is it worth getting ? Does it make an improvement?

Also right now I'm using a Gen ace 3500 mah 25C Bat and it fits perfect. My Turnigy Short wont fit correctly either will my Gen Ace 6500 mah

They are talking about making the F1 Mains longer like 10 min, and I know my 3500 Mah might work but I want to make sure I have full power at the end of the race.

Now I see these http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/product_view.asp Peak Power Max 4200 Mah 45 C Bats that look the same size as my 3500 Mah Gen Ace but I want to know the exact dimensions so I'm sure it will fit in my F104 Pro, anybody have the dimensions or use this in there F104Pro?

or

Instead of getting a battery that fits the my F104 pro can I or should I possibly look into getting a different shorter top plate that would make it like a F104X1? Can that be done easily or would I need to change alot?
i got an F104 pro and it has been converted to a X1 rear end , easy to do , buy the conversion kit and swap it all out

I use this lipo and i run for 20 mins with a 21.5 motor and Citrix speedo.

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...mAh-45-C-7-4-V
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #8768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:

Also right now I'm using a Gen ace 3500 mah 25C Bat and it fits perfect. My Turnigy Shorty 4200 mah 65C wont fit correctly either will my Gen Ace 6500 mah

or

I used to use the rear shaft counter weight but after weighing the car with 4 scales, one on each corner i found out the rear side with the counter weight was heavier than the other 3 corners so i took it off.
idbdoug
idbdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:25 PM   #8769
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
i got an F104 pro and it has been converted to a X1 rear end , easy to do , buy the conversion kit and swap it all out

I use this lipo and i run for 20 mins with a 21.5 motor and Citrix speedo.

http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...mAh-45-C-7-4-V
Is this the conversion your talking about?- High Capacity Lipo Conversion for F104/W/PRO/X1 http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...ersion&pg_no=1 ???
5VoltDetonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #8770
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:

or

that Peak pack you listed is perfect for the F1, without any modifications. Its shaped like a nimh pack (rounded edges) and made to fit inside a Tamiya M03/M05 - if it fits that it'll fit the F1...I've used it and didn't have any problems..

You can get the split upper deck with makes putting batteries in/out alot easier, it also gives the chassis more flex which equals better traction

I have the counter weight - didn't see a vast improvement over not running it. i will NOT be putting it back on my chassis when i finish my rebuild

"C" rating does not equal more run time...mah is what you need for run time...and 4200mah should be more then enough for 15-20, maybe longer mains...
Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #8771
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Is this the conversion your talking about?- High Capacity Lipo Conversion for F104/W/PRO/X1 http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...ersion&pg_no=1 ???

This conversion

http://www.rcmart.com/tamiya-54331-f...h=595_744_1390

sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #8772
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

thanks robert (5volt) and everyone else for asking/answering a lot of the questions i was pondering myself. the last 10 pages or so of this thread have been very informative for a newb in f1 like myself.

sooooo, i just got myself a f104x1, and i have a couple questions for the experts here.

would you guys recommend any upgrade parts for running on a prepped asphalt surface? i heard the x1 is dialed out of the box for parking lot....that's why i looked for this particular model.

what are aluminum wing pods? my roller supposedly has some, but i don't know what they are.

my spur gear wobbles a little bit without the motor on the f1. is that okay?

after reading a lot, is 93/34 a good starting point for blinky stock? i will be running the lrp x12 21.5 motor and a tekin rs speedo. should i run any can timing? i think this starting point was mentioned by f-n-cuda earlier in this thread.

finally i received some rubber tires with my roller. the tires are tamiya and they are mounted on tamiya rubber wheels. the front tires have an "h" on them, and i am assuming they are hard. the rears have "k3" on them. is my assumption correct? also what are the rear tires? on a side note, i did go ahead and purchase the pit 0572 and 0573 combo with the tamiya foam wheels. i've been told this is a stable tire combination.

COW RC / DE RACING / TEKNO RC / PHATDAD RC
cadillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #8773
Tech Champion

Hey cadillacdude,
The 93/34 will give you plenty of power and run at a safe temp. You shouldn't even need to play with the timing or gearing until you are fully hooked up and dialed with your setup and even then it will probably be just about right. That's where I settled in at.
I'll go to a 36 pinion or more on our big tracks, maybe.

The Tamiya rubbers are marked with an N on the kit Medium compounds for front and rear.
Their option tires are marked with a W which are soft rear and hard fronts, those are the options for each end.
Don't buy any of these and don't use any you may already have cuz they pretty much suck AND Tamiya is releasing new rubber right now that are the exact tire combo as the 571 and 572 Pit Shimizu cuz that's the combo that works and the Tamiya guy runs with us and he got it done!!!!!
Oh yeh, Tamiya racing is gonna be the shit now!
Not sure why you chose the 573?
Next time you'll want the full 71/72 combo or score the new Tamiyas and be set to race TCS if and when you can.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #8774
Tech Apprentice

Last edited by tanggenyo; 08-08-2012 at 08:52 PM.
tanggenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #8775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84115
any one have one of these that they want to sale me?
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote