R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #7861
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 566
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Hmmmmmmm...
With out battery and most electronics my car stands level with the sponge.
No preload on the spring.
Only thing that was in the car was the servo.
Perhaps it is that i use "old" sponges.
Been running it in wide config on foam and i get a easy understeered car if i want to.
I can choose to run softer front tires or harder rear to get more steer
And or run a stiffer centre spring.
As i drive mostly on the bigger tarmac tracks i like it be as neutral as i can get it.
With the setup i have and no tire sauce i get it nice and easy to drive.

regards Roy
I'm giving the sponge another go tomorrow. Again used a new one and didn't cut it.. But I squashed it under 20kg for 24h and have left it for another 24h to recover. It is now 2/3 the height of a new sponge so should work well.
J-PaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:59 AM   #7862
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
doesnt it?
How do the rubbers comapre to the stock foams? Im thinking of switching to rubber since foams wearr out so fast.
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #7863
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,992
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
How do the rubbers comapre to the stock foams? Im thinking of switching to rubber since foams wearr out so fast.
depending on which rubbers you run, you'll probably find yourself having less traction

if you're running the F104 wheels - then the Pit 571/572 combo seems to work best just about anyplace...if you use the F103 wheels (or the F104W), then I'm not sure, i believe there are some good combos out there but noe that I've seen is a 'fix-everything-set' like the pits on the the F104 wheels
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #7864
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
depending on which rubbers you run, you'll probably find yourself having less traction

if you're running the F104 wheels - then the Pit 571/572 combo seems to work best just about anyplace...if you use the F103 wheels (or the F104W), then I'm not sure, i believe there are some good combos out there but noe that I've seen is a 'fix-everything-set' like the pits on the the F104 wheels
Mines a W so itd have to be f103 wheels. I dont care as much for total speed as its more of a basher than a racer. Plus I have some tricks under my sleeve already.
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #7865
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
How do the rubbers comapre to the stock foams? Im thinking of switching to rubber since foams wearr out so fast.
yes, less traction, but they will last longer. Im my F109 I run Shimizu F3 med fronts and R3 soft rears. On ride rims. In parking lots or the road, as long is it not extremely dusty, grip is fine.
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #7866
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
yes, less traction, but they will last longer. Im my F109 I run Shimizu F3 med fronts and R3 soft rears. On ride rims. In parking lots or the road, as long is it not extremely dusty, grip is fine.
Im thinking of runing same compound front/rear. I have plenty of rear grip but the front grip would be nice.
kb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:37 PM   #7867
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb525 View Post
How do the rubbers comapre to the stock foams? Im thinking of switching to rubber since foams wearr out so fast.
What rims are those?
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #7868
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,583
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
What rims are those?
Ride
__________________
Exotek F1Ultra Tamiya TRF101 Speed Passion SP1 and Exotek F1UltraX Prototype.
"TexasTC, the single Greatest RCF1 racer I have ever known" - My mom
"you are a disgrace to RC" - everyone else. TCdoesRC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #7869
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Questions?? F104 body

I done a bit of searching and it looks like my choice for a body to replace the body on my F104 pro is kind of limited. Everyone seems to be out of stock on most F103/4 bodies. The prev. owner painted the whole body dark blue w/no stickers and my old eyes need a brighter color to make it easier to see.

The only ones I can find are:

Tamiya 51377, 1/10 F104 Body Set
I found it in stock at 1 place at least

and

Tamiya 51397, F104 Body Set Ferrari F60 [which I think is a light weight body]
this seems to be out of stock every where I looked.

Are these the only choices or have I missed some?
F103 bodies were also out of stock wherever I looked.

Ben
__________________
The RC cars are in storage but not forgotten
One of these days, I'll be back to racing... somewhere
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:58 PM   #7870
Tech Fanatic
 
nrtv20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northwest Ohio
Posts: 879
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

There is a Chevron body here:

http://www.d-drivesportsenglish.com/...index&cPath=36

I think it looks pretty neat; heard that it is thin and is hard to cut out without tearing.

here is the gold mine of F104 stuff:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=1140

and here:

http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/

Talk to BP Shadow about parts.
__________________
http://www.trautengineering.com/ http://www.toledooneeighthracers.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/nrtv20
One Eigth Racers of Toledo; Hobby Stop West Track; "The Gate" NORCAR
FUTABA 2.4G FASST, Spec-R S1, Speed Passion SP-1, Sakura D3 FWD, Kyosho Evolva M3, Team Losi XX-4, Caster EX1.5R, HPI Wheelie King Crawler, Quanum Aquaholic, Joysway Wildcat
nrtv20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #7871
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Stockport, UK
Posts: 982
Default

It depends on whether you want to stick to US suppliers only, plenty of stock at RCMart
http://www.rcmart.com/body-decal-c-438_883.html
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #7872
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
I done a bit of searching and it looks like my choice for a body to replace the body on my F104 pro is kind of limited. Everyone seems to be out of stock on most F103/4 bodies. The prev. owner painted the whole body dark blue w/no stickers and my old eyes need a brighter color to make it easier to see.

The only ones I can find are:

Tamiya 51377, 1/10 F104 Body Set
I found it in stock at 1 place at least

and

Tamiya 51397, F104 Body Set Ferrari F60 [which I think is a light weight body]
this seems to be out of stock every where I looked.

Are these the only choices or have I missed some?
F103 bodies were also out of stock wherever I looked.

Ben
I have all of them in stock and ready to ship. Out of town till next Monday if you can wait a few days
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #7873
Tech Regular
 
bencason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Almost Western Maryland
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrtv20 View Post
There is a Chevron body here:

http://www.d-drivesportsenglish.com/...index&cPath=36

I think it looks pretty neat; heard that it is thin and is hard to cut out without tearing.

here is the gold mine of F104 stuff:

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/parts...arts_p_id=1140

and here:

http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/

Talk to BP Shadow about parts.
D-Drive: all bodies marked "Sold Out"

All the bodies at TQRacing are marked "Sold Out" too. They were one of the first places that I looked.

F1Paintlab is new to me. Very interesting. I'm sure the painted bodies are works of art but out of my price league. I did bookmark it.

RCMarket has plenty in stock but I have never dealt with an overseas shop. I may have to change that. I hear shipping can be pretty high so you need a big order to make it tolerable. Maybe down the road someday.

Tower has the 51377 in stock so I guess that will have to do.

I hope everything being out of stock is just a temporary thing and not an indication of a marketing shift away from F1.
__________________
The RC cars are in storage but not forgotten
One of these days, I'll be back to racing... somewhere
bencason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #7874
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencason View Post
D-Drive: all bodies marked "Sold Out"

All the bodies at TQRacing are marked "Sold Out" too. They were one of the first places that I looked.

F1Paintlab is new to me. Very interesting. I'm sure the painted bodies are works of art but out of my price league. I did bookmark it.

RCMarket has plenty in stock but I have never dealt with an overseas shop. I may have to change that. I hear shipping can be pretty high so you need a big order to make it tolerable. Maybe down the road someday.

Tower has the 51377 in stock so I guess that will have to do.

I hope everything being out of stock is just a temporary thing and not an indication of a marketing shift away from F1.
I am F1 Paintlab , I have unopened NIP bodysets as well as painted ones.
The F104 body is a waste of money for how it handles. You want a Ferrari or McLaren
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM   #7875
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 359
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I am F1 Paintlab , I have unopened NIP bodysets as well as painted ones.
The F104 body is a waste of money for how it handles. You want a Ferrari or McLaren
Hrm.. interesting. Are there tangible differences in handling for the three bodies?

EDIT: OOPS, nevermind. Found the info via search.

Last edited by silencery; 03-14-2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Found information
silencery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net