Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 PM   #7636
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
Can a regular F104 kit be made into a "X" by purchasing the parts?

Couldn't find a listing of parts specific to the X upgrade.
should be part #54331. any one of the f1 shops have it. (f1paintlab, tqraceway,speedtech)
Old 02-10-2012, 03:12 AM   #7637
dfx
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquirrelCZE View Post
...so I'm asking, which ESC we should use in F1 cars?
...if you have any suggestions how to improve my F1... I am ready for it, but Exotek stuff is more or less banned for me, I am in the middle of Europe and do not know about a single Exotek seller here...
I use Tekin RS with Hotwire. It's not a budget choice but works very well.
BTW There's usualy no problem with sending stuff to CZ.
Setup or improvements depends on track conditions You're racing. For the carpet foam racing I would use long top deck or X1 upgrade with all 4 posts.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #7638
Tech Adept

I have EXO F1R directly from Mike. No problems, only short delay on customs (I had to paid VAT).
Old 02-10-2012, 08:09 AM   #7639
Tech Adept

Since I built my X1 I have driven it for around 5 packs and noticed that the diff was getting very gritty, I proceeded today and took it apart in order to rebuild it. I noticed there was some sort of black residue most likely from friction. I have tamiya ball diff grease and 100k cst oil. which would the best fluid in order to rebuild it?
arix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #7640
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Here's where and what I used for my conversion.
Tell em 'cuda sent ya.
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...d=774&id=12084

http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...d=774&id=12083
Cool. So those parts basically make up the "X1"? But the chassis would be plastic and not carbon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
should be part #54331. any one of the f1 shops have it. (f1paintlab, tqraceway,speedtech)
Thanks. f1paintlab is a cool site, but I really don't get the store portion of it.
Nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #7641
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Thanks. f1paintlab is a cool site, but I really don't get the store portion of it.
try this link http://f1paintlab.com/zencart/ Also email BP before you order, he was having some issues with the shipping charges thru the site. He can hook you up and he is fast.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:41 AM   #7642
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I know this has been answered many times before, but I'll ask it again because it's too hard to search through all the pages of this forum...

Inside the diff, is there any performance advantage if I replace the bearing with a thrust bearing? I never really took it to heart because it's hard to find thrust bearings in our country. But I just found out that I had one sitting inside my toolbox all these years. Sheesh.
mailboxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #7643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Cool. So those parts basically make up the "X1"? But the chassis would be plastic and not carbon?

Thanks for the compliments. If you are still using the original link, then the you are seeing my sorry excuse first attempt at a store.
If you use this link
http://f1paintlab.com/F1PAINTLAB/HOME.html
there is an active link to the proper store.
The website is residing on 2 different servers, it was being hosted on mobile me, but they are stopping that service, so I moved it over to godaddy.
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #7644
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz View Post
I have EXO F1R directly from Mike. No problems, only short delay on customs (I had to paid VAT).
I am just afraid that when something breaks on race... I just ended... there's allways seller with Tamyia parts, but Exotek? zero chance....

P.S: thanks guys, i will look for Tekin and new Speed Passion (Reventon seriess)

P.S: I am running on carpet just now, thanks for advice for top plate :-)
SquirrelCZE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM   #7645
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
I am just afraid that when something breaks on race... I just ended... there's allways seller with Tamyia parts, but Exotek? zero chance....
the parts that will break are the Tamiya parts or the Associated shock for the side dampener. Unless you break the chassis everything else is tamiya.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:39 PM   #7646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
Quote:

P.S: thanks guys, i will look for Tekin and new Speed Passion (Reventon seriess)

P.S: I am running on carpet just now, thanks for advice for top plate :-)
the parts that will break are the Tamiya parts or the Associated shock for the side dampener. Unless you break the chassis everything else is tamiya.
+1 on what TexasTC said. The Exotek F1R requires a Tamiya Front Arm set, a Tamiya Rear Box and Transmission, a Tamiya Servo holder (unless you buy the optional Exotek uni-crank servo system), and Tamiya Wheels. Since all the Tamiya parts are sticking out of the car, odds are that if a part breaks on your F1, it will be a Tamiya part. The Exotek parts are all rock solid. The only possible way you may break an Exotek part in your F1 is if you forget to turn at the end of a long straight and your F1 does a "Triple Indie" off the track and lands next to the toilet in the men's bathroom. (Oh yes, trust me, it is possible.)

BTW, have you signed up to race F1 at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals? Hurry up before there is no more room!
Click
HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals

Last edited by wwddww34; 02-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
wwddww34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #7647
avs
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwddww34 View Post
+1 on what TexasTC said. The Exotek F1R requires a Tamiya Front Arm set, a Tamiya Rear Box and Transmission, a Tamiya Servo holder (unless you buy the optional Exotek uni-crank servo system), and Tamiya Wheels. Since all the Tamiya parts are sticking out of the car, odds are that if a part breaks on your F1, it will be a Tamiya part. The Exotek parts are all rock solid. The only possible way you may break an Exotek part in your F1 is if you forget to turn at the end of a long straight and your F1 does a "Triple Indie" off the track and lands next to the toilet in the men's bathroom. (Oh yes, trust me, it is possible.)

BTW, have you signed up to race F1 at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals? Hurry up before there is no more room!
Click
HERE to see a countdown to the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nationals
+2, except I thought the dive was called a "Triple Lindy".
Old 02-10-2012, 04:49 PM   #7648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxck View Post
I know this has been answered many times before, but I'll ask it again because it's too hard to search through all the pages of this forum...

Inside the diff, is there any performance advantage if I replace the bearing with a thrust bearing? I never really took it to heart because it's hard to find thrust bearings in our country. But I just found out that I had one sitting inside my toolbox all these years. Sheesh.
I just did the same and was wondering the performace advantages as well.......rcf1 blog is a wealth of info on f1s and i think its rob.K who runs that blog (forgive me if im wrong)...he reccomends that too i cant remeber if he goes into detail on its affects.....i found the bearing to be a touch small then the original ...but it could just be my eyes
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #7649
Tech Adept

I've got a pair of Tamiya 53135 (F103, HBR, medium) foams. Unfortunately I have only some of the F104 front tires at the moment. F103 tires are out of stock in my basement

Which of the Tamiya and Spice F104 front tires would fit best to them for carpet racing? Or should I use someting else?

There are no reguations for tires at my track tomorrow.
Oortael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:19 AM   #7650
Tech Initiate

Ok, thanks guys for helping :-)
SquirrelCZE is offline   Reply With Quote