R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #7336
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx View Post
Johnny: It is correct. For the F103 carbon reinforced front uprights (used in F104 Pro kit) You should lock the knuckles so the kingpin is moving with knuckle when You turn wheels. It works well. If You apply some grease onto kingpin in place where the kingpin is moving through 8mm ball You could adjust dampening.
Spacers are to adjust ride height so if You put 1mm washer from upper position down under the knuckle You lower front ride height by 1mm. I believe there are 2,5mm, 1,5mm and 1mm plastic washers. You could change them for alu ones but plastic are OK as well.
All good words, I replaced my plastic spacers with the 416 shim kit which gives you lots of spacers to play with ride hieght. Always use the set screw or you will start getting play in your knuckles the longer you run.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #7337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfx View Post
I use Pro-match 4000mAh 60C pack and now a friend of mine ordered some new pack from IP 4400mAh 50C...another club member has Reedy 4000mAh 60C. I'm not sure if there are big differences in today's lipo packs (except price).
BTW Thanks for the SP 1 cell motor advice, it looks that the motor has extremely low power consumption with good power output!
the motor is great you will enjoy the drive with it. it is smooth as silk when i am out practicing i go for 25m runs and the motor comes of warm only

i will get some of these packs for sure you mentioned thanks
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #7338
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdave1 View Post
All good words, I replaced my plastic spacers with the 416 shim kit which gives you lots of spacers to play with ride hieght. Always use the set screw or you will start getting play in your knuckles the longer you run.
Thanks!
I'll be sure to use the set screws..
The alu washers are on my list of things to get

Go 235mm with X10 widening parts from www.lajf.se Get your P28 at www.lajf.se/pshop
tudor_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #7339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
Ouch, that's a lesson discussed a looong time ago.
Acetone and certain Tamiya wheels, no go. As a matter of fact, you can't even bake the tires off of certain Tamiya wheels.
Mini wheels and F104 wheels for rubber turn to that goooo. Not sure about the TC wheels, never tried em.

However, for unknown reasons,(materials of course), the wheels for the foam tires on both the F104 and the F103 can handle Acetone easily.
I reuse these all the time and just recently soaked off 2 sets of worn F104 Pit Shimizus and am currently running new tires on those old rims.
My F103 is wearing new foams on an old set of gold Tamiya rims that came with that car when I bought it used a few years ago.
Cuda, Thanks for the info on the gooey wheels! I think I have salvaged the tires, one has a tear that Ca seems to have fixed. But now I need wheels! I can't find any in-stock (Tammy Foam Wheels) will something else work?
aarcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #7340
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
Cuda, Thanks for the info on the gooey wheels! I think I have salvaged the tires, one has a tear that Ca seems to have fixed. But now I need wheels! I can't find any in-stock (Tammy Foam Wheels) will something else work?
Someone posted that they modified the wheels for rubber tires to work but I haven't seen or done this.
We've been using acetone for our offroad wheels for years in order to reuse the wheels when the tires are worn, however, the latest rubber compounds that are designated for clay will shrink and become hard after an acetone bath.
I hope your tires are still ok, I didn't think to check my worn Pits after soaking them off since I only wanted to reuse the rims. Some tires seem to be ok after drowning em.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #7341
Tech Master

Quote:
Someone posted that they modified the wheels for rubber tires to work but I haven't seen or done this.
We've been using acetone for our offroad wheels for years in order to reuse the wheels when the tires are worn, however, the latest rubber compounds that are designated for clay will shrink and become hard after an acetone bath.
I hope your tires are still ok, I didn't think to check my worn Pits after soaking them off since I only wanted to reuse the rims. Some tires seem to be ok after drowning em.
The tires look fine, all the CA disolved and they are the same size as before. They are not as stickey as when they came out of the bag but seem to be coming back as I dope them up!
Probably better wait for the F104 foam wheels....
Old 01-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #7342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSp97 View Post
Here is the instruction on how to make the TRG link suspension.
Got all my parts and. Ow I have the TRG link set up also it's a great tuning option I like the fact I can adjust a few more things now. It has worked out quiet good been able to adjust the caster a bit better

Looks good also
mattwoodcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #7343
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
I have done this modification on several sets of rubber tire wheels and pit tires and it works great. Just grind the outer rib off till its smooth with the main part of the wheel and glue them.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #7344
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHealey View Post
Anyone any experience with the 3 racing out tuned diff?
I've been running the 109 diff on my exo104 for a while now better than the 104pro diff!
I used to run the out tuned diff. It's basically the same as the F104 pro diff with the knurled adjuster nut allowing you to adjust the diff action without having to dismantle it. As the adjuster nut uses an o-ring pressing against the diff washer mount to stop it moving if you try running the diff loose the nut undoes itself, and if it's tight as there's a squashed o-ring in there it isn't as consistent as even the F104 Pro diff.

Unless you have a need to regularly change tyres I find there's nothing better than the F109 diff with the Tamiya 51346 one piece thrust bearing.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #7345
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdave1 View Post
I have done this modification on several sets of rubber tire wheels and pit tires and it works great. Just grind the outer rib off till its smooth with the main part of the wheel and glue them.
RC DAVE-Get rid of the outer rib, both inside and out side? On the outside, do you just glue the sidewall "flap" on the tire to the similar looking area on the wheel?

Thanks,
Ned
Old 01-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #7346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here is the latest, hot off the press, they will be listed on the store tonight

BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #7347
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcobra View Post
......NED, YOU NEED WHEELS?..........I BOUGHT 5 SETS WHEN I BOUGHT MY X1..YOU NEED A SET OR 2.............EMAIL ME.............ILL SEND THEM MORROW IF NEED B
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #7348
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
......NED, YOU NEED WHEELS?..........I BOUGHT 5 SETS WHEN I BOUGHT MY X1..YOU NEED A SET OR 2.............EMAIL ME.............ILL SEND THEM MORROW IF NEED B
so looks like we know why they are out of stock
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #7349
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

What size nut driver fits the wheels for a F104? 7mm doesn't fit.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #7350
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzo3 View Post
What size nut driver fits the wheels for a F104? 7mm doesn't fit.
??
I use 7mm
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote