Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

YW and didn't see that they only shipped to the US
I still wonder about some people.
They put stuff on ebay.com where every one is looking but they won't ship WW
Good luck with the search if BP can't help you

regards Roy

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
thanks for that but there only shipping in the US i down the bottem end of the world australia
Old 11-14-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How do you get these cars to handle well? I'm running a f104x1 with tamiya hard fronts and soft rears and any time you give it throttle it spins out. I have been running pan cars for 15 years and have never had this problem that setup changes that setup changes won't fix. It will spin out randomly halfway down the strait too. This is the worst handling car I've ever run. Am I missing something ?
Old 11-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Odin544
I'm looking at changing the roll dampening on my F104 pro possibly. Has anyone used this setup? TRG5097

How does it compare to the X1 setup?

Are either an improvement over the original friction damper?

Thanks!
I was looking at this as well, looks pretty good. The conversion kit is on sale @ RCMART. The newer version on their TRG111 looks even better.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
How do you get these cars to handle well? I'm running a f104x1 with tamiya hard fronts and soft rears and any time you give it throttle it spins out. I have been running pan cars for 15 years and have never had this problem that setup changes that setup changes won't fix. It will spin out randomly halfway down the strait too. This is the worst handling car I've ever run. Am I missing something ?
Are you on carpet? If so ditch the Tamiya tires as step #1.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First and foremost get shut of the tamiya rubber and put on some pitz if you're a rubber kinda guy. Foam is still better imo!

How is the car setup? What motor are you running on it ?
These cars aren't easy to drive and you can't peg the throttle Willy nilly.
Even my f103 foam clad exotek can spin out if you peg the throttle. Gotta squeeze it in.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Super soft rear setup for max grip on asphalt, start changing stuff back if too grippy.

Soft spring, 15 to 20w oil, 3 hole piston, softest T plate with screw removed or backed out about 2 turns from touching o ring, 2000 diff lube or dry damper, perfect condition and loosest diff without letting it slip.
Black springs up front with kit setting on ride height.

OR JUST GET THE CRAP TAMIYA TIRES OFF OF IT.

Pit Shimizu 571 and 572 will fix most of your problem.
Don't worry about the description i.e. "Hard" rears. They are super grippy, hard must describe the sidewalls or something.
These mount on Tamiya's Foam type rims!
Get the tires and rims here:

http://tqrcracing.com/shop/product_l...=0203&s_sort=5
Old 11-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've also ran the ride h1 tires too. For the most part I can control the car but I've let others drive it to try and expand the class and if they don't have much throttle control they can't drive it. For setup I have the rear as soft as possible if I go anything harder in the front than silver springs the car pushes so bad its undriveable. I have a 21.5 motor in it overgeared to take away torque. I understand these cars wernt made for performance but the ill handling is deffinatly going to chases people away from the class as its starting to at my track wich is carpet by the way. Will the pit tires really help and are the cheeper than the rides cause $50 for another set of tires is getting rediculous that's why I got the tamiya tires
Old 11-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi All,
The F1R up-conversion for EXO104/EXO103 owners is now in stock;

http://www.exotekracing.com/f1r-up-c...exo104-exo103/
Old 11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Pit Shimizus are not cheap either, $20 a pair plus rims and shipping.
Sucks but tires are everything on these cars too.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Default GQ Tires

The GQ Racing foam tires will become available to racers in North America by the end of the month. GQ Racing Foam Tires are mounted and will sell for around $19.00 a pair.

GQ Tires have been manufacturing foam and rubber tires for over 20 years. They are the only company in the world that develops their own foam rubber, their own rims using their own plastic formulations, and of course glue and true using advanced robotic machinery. You will find grip levels well above most brands used today.

More information about these tires can be found at this location:
http://www.teammarketingamerica.com/...oam_Tires.html

Any questions just email me, always happy to help. I will be asking questions soon myself. I just got the Exotek F1R conversion kit for the F104 Pro kit I bought. I generally run nitro so I am really looking forward to get this all set up and on the track!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I've also ran the ride h1 tires too. For the most part I can control the car but I've let others drive it to try and expand the class and if they don't have much throttle control they can't drive it. For setup I have the rear as soft as possible if I go anything harder in the front than silver springs the car pushes so bad its undriveable. I have a 21.5 motor in it overgeared to take away torque. I understand these cars wernt made for performance but the ill handling is deffinatly going to chases people away from the class as its starting to at my track wich is carpet by the way. Will the pit tires really help and are the cheeper than the rides cause $50 for another set of tires is getting rediculous that's why I got the tamiya tires
The Ride spec tires from vegas are going to be a push o rama on most tracks. Pit tires are the way to go 100%.

I know some have recommended pit 0571 and 0572...I liked 0574 and 0575 better on my track.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have only ever used the Tamiya tyres however i am keen to try something differant also.

robk the pit tyres you talking about would they be okay for asphalt because this is what i race on.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Question what inserts do you guys use on tamiya rubber tires front hard and rear soft, do you guys just use the stock inserts that came with the tire?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i have only used the tamiya tyres so far and have used the stock inserts with no problems
Old 11-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
i have only used the tamiya tyres so far and have used the stock inserts with no problems
Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.