R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2011, 08:51 PM   #6811
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
Glad they finally got there, sorry to keep you waiting
Car looks great!!!!
Didn't take you long to get them on did it?
No worries, yeah it took about an hour. Got to do my race tires next.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #6812
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
nice body. i love this paint job, but one time i had a black rc car and i couldn't see it as well, so i am on the fence about painting my car the same way,
Thanks. Yeah if all else fails I have a back up that I will race with. This one's for the shelf more than likely.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #6813
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
nice body. i love this paint job, but one time i had a black rc car and i couldn't see it as well, so i am on the fence about painting my car the same way,
I have run mostly black bodies out doors and the real issue is the other people not seeing your car more than you not seeing it. I parked my car once and the marshal never saw it. it just blends in with the track surface. Now I put a orange nose on my bodies.

__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:15 AM   #6814
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quick one for the 104 faithful... I need a bit more on power steering, what should I look to change, and what will the effects on other things will be?

I'm thinking harder centre spring, thicker shock oil, or raising the position of the shock. Currently on red spring, losi 25wt, and stock x1 position (3mm shim).
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #6815
Tech Master
 
superspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,148
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

that paint job is hard to see on a track but it sure looks cool.
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #6816
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,532
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Quick one for the 104 faithful... I need a bit more on power steering, what should I look to change, and what will the effects on other things will be?

I'm thinking harder centre spring, thicker shock oil, or raising the position of the shock. Currently on red spring, losi 25wt, and stock x1 position (3mm shim).
I'm the last guy to ask about set up because I never change mine But at the Big Speedtech race at Tamiya the back end of my 104 was slipping out on me and I really had to feather the throttle out of corners... Mike Rydwell gave me a tip that worked really well and I was able to get on the power sooner and the car felt more planted... I added droop to the front end and weight to the rear end... This in effect gave me more "on power steering"
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:12 AM   #6817
Tech Champion
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Also you can try addiing more preload on the shock. Adding more rake will give you some more on power steering.
__________________
T-Sal
gashuffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #6818
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,404
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

For a while there, guys were messing with the angle of the upper arm by adding shims to the inside rear ballstuds or removing the spacers under the camber plate in the front to get some caster and camber changes that promote more steering but, is the rear locked in enough to warrant more aggressive steering?
Baby steps I guess.

RobK has posted lots of different front end variables on his http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/02...front-end.html

This link takes you into the middle of his blog, you can navigate from there and see/learn lots of cool stuff. In case you haven't been there yet, that is.
__________________
Craig Hammon
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:41 PM   #6819
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
I have run mostly black bodies out doors and the real issue is the other people not seeing your car more than you not seeing it. I parked my car once and the marshal never saw it. it just blends in with the track surface. Now I put a orange nose on my bodies.

Which body is that? Never seen it before.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #6820
Tech Master
 
texastc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Forney Texas
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
... I added droop to the front end and weight to the rear end... This in effect gave me more "on power steering"
OK, be gentle here, noob question. How do you add droop to the front? I'm having that issue right now on my F109. Rear sliding out.
__________________
Exotek F1 Ultra
Exotek F1R
CRC Gen-X 10 LE
Kyosho Plazma F1
TC does RC
texastc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:21 PM   #6821
Tech Elite
 
lightfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Thousand Oaks
Posts: 3,532
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastc View Post
OK, be gentle here, noob question. How do you add droop to the front? I'm having that issue right now on my F109. Rear sliding out.
No worries... Not like I really knew that well either There are spacers on the front king pin that you can add or remove to adjust the ride height... You want to remove maybe a 1mm spacer so that your ride height remains the same but when you pick up the front of your car the tires droop down and lift off the ground after the body is raised... I hope that makes sense...
__________________
Love and Peace...
lightfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #6822
Tech Elite
 
spring71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 3,723
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

New F104 Carbon Reinforced Gear Case is arrived at TQ. Click Here



Ultimate F1 Series is up tomorrow.

FYI, Thanks.
__________________
TQ RC RACING
Indoor RC Race Track & Hobby Shop in Chino, CA
Online Shop
http://www.tqrcracing.com
tq@tqrcracing.com
spring71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #6823
Tech Fanatic
 
Dasmopar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 966
Send a message via AIM to Dasmopar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Which body is that? Never seen it before.


protoform 909 its a 1/8th scale body with tons of down force.
__________________
Lon Burling II
Capicorn, Serpent America, Novarossi, Enetti tires
Chicky fan club member #11
Dasmopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #6824
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F N CUDA View Post
For a while there, guys were messing with the angle of the upper arm by adding shims to the inside rear ballstuds or removing the spacers under the camber plate in the front to get some caster and camber changes that promote more steering but, is the rear locked in enough to warrant more aggressive steering?
Baby steps I guess.

RobK has posted lots of different front end variables on his http://rcf1blog.blogspot.com/2011/02...front-end.html

This link takes you into the middle of his blog, you can navigate from there and see/learn lots of cool stuff. In case you haven't been there yet, that is.
Thanks Cuda.
Actually been aware of Rob's site for a while, even running his front end setup on my X1.. Works well, as I can full goop the tyres and go from their
It's actually where I picked up on the rear shock angle change,as I've seen him mention it in a few posts. Biggest problem is I can't get to it when not at work (bloody china firewall is doing my goat this evening!!), hence asking away.
But thanks for all the answers, off to the track tomorrow, so will give them a try along with a few other things (moving the steering sevo forward).

Cheers
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | Hobbywing |
TryHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #6825
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmopar View Post
protoform 909 its a 1/8th scale body with tons of down force.
Darn...was hoping it was a 1/12th
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 06:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 08:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 03:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 06:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:19 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0