Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 10-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mugler
Can anyone tell if F103 diff thrust bearing is meant to be lubed/ greased or needs to be ran dry in order not to leak slick stuff on the cone washers? was thinking of this upgrade for F104 but maybe that's why they went to regular bearing instead of traditional thrust style??
Like any thrust race, pack as much greese as you can into it. AE black stealth is the best, IMO.

Regarding springs, I just use them as the 104 manual... works fine for me!
Old 10-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by theatriks
LOL i got money just trying to make u guys see the routine tamiya puts its customers through but it seems u guys like to wake up in the morning and bend over for tamiya lol
Just up shut with the bull crap... ok?

Seriously, if you think Tamiya are the only do what you say, hell, you need you brain checked out.

Your aformented HPI is even worse... you can't even buy a TCX with all the upgrades you need to make the car reliable, and they seem to be forever releasing parts.

I'll take a Tamiya any day thanks.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TryHard
Just up shut with the bull crap... ok?

Seriously, if you think Tamiya are the only do what you say, hell, you need you brain checked out.

Your aformented HPI is even worse... you can't even buy a TCX with all the upgrades you need to make the car reliable, and they seem to be forever releasing parts.

I'll take a Tamiya any day thanks.
OH let me guess your one of the tamiya cheerleaders over there
Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Ive got 4 new decal sheets in the works too, Mercedes, Ferrari, Force India and Virgin
I am also working on the fillers for the Re-Releases
Stay Tuned!!!!
BMW Sauber?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

OH let me guess your one of the tamiya cheerleaders over there
Grow up, sell your F104 and get a HPI. Period.

If you don't like how Tamiya does business, don't buy. Most of us don't have issue with Tamiya coming out with further upgrades.

Even Hiro from HPI ran a regular F104 at the last IIC.

Do you really think F1 is more expensive to upgrade than touring car?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Settle down fellas. It's all a matter of personal preference. At the end of the day it's all about fun.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Smile

Originally Posted by gashuffer
Settle down fellas. It's all a matter of personal preference. At the end of the day it's all about fun.
You're absolutely right. It's absolutely pointless to see theatriks bitching about Tamiya's business instead of spending time and effort to make his F104 work.

Let's just move on.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by eComet
Grow up, sell your F104 and get a HPI. Period.

If you don't like how Tamiya does business, don't buy. Most of us don't have issue with Tamiya coming out with further upgrades.

Even Hiro from HPI ran a regular F104 at the last IIC.

Do you really think F1 is more expensive to upgrade than touring car?
The truth hurts .....
Old 10-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

The truth hurts .....
And that statement makes you look like a contradictory dick... as it makes no sense at all
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Wink

The truth hurts .....
Depends if you're willing to accept the truth or not. You can accept the truth and work with the car, or you can deny the truth and keep bitching and nothing's going to change. Nobody's going to help you with your negative attitude.

When I first get the F104, I didn't know how to tune it and it was a disaster to drive. The car would understeer and then snap oversteer. I almost destroyed another car this way spun-out on the sweeper.

After reading and working on the car more, the car kept getting better and better. I even bought 15 sets of tires just to find out which one works for the F104 and my driving style.

See http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...r-tires-4.html on how much effort I did to test the tire combinations out. Of course I am still not as good as many drivers out there but I am getting closer to make the handle the way I want it to be after spending enough time researching and actually running it at various tracks.

I am so glad that Tamiya offered optional parts instead of forcing everyone to buy new cars. Now I don't have to buy an entire F104X1 simply because I can just get the optional upper deck with side damper to upgrade my car for high traction surfaces.

If you think F104 is hard to drive, you're using the wrong tires. F1 is 90% tires for the handling.

My suggestion, get a set of Pit Shimizu F1-S and R1-H as stated in the tire test and you'll be amazed at how well the car handles. I am still unable to make my car work with Tamiya tires because it requires a whole different setup and tire preparation (especially inserts).

I plan to race F1 in the upcoming TCS so I'll start to spend more time with Tamiya tires. This is how I will get better, instead of bitching at how badly the car is designed.

Try to calculate how much more you need to spend for upgrading TA06 than F104, you'll be laughing at how much money saved.

Last but no the least, get out there and start to work on the car more.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
BMW Sauber?
I will look into it, if memory serves there isnt a whole lot to it, so maybe sooner than later
Old 10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

you guys keep digging your hole deeper and deeper its problably best if u just dropped it ....i have and im sure so many more have as well ......you guys are so defensive for no reason ......i must be wrong.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Tech Champion

I'm pretty sure no one is denying that it doesn't happen... it's just the way you seem convinced that Tamiya is the only company that does it... There are other out there that are way worse than Tamiya.

It's called business. As many have said, you don't like it, don't buy it... no one's forcing you to buy anything.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Cool

you guys keep digging your hole deeper and deeper its problably best if u just dropped it ....i have and im sure so many more have as well ......you guys are so defensive for no reason ......i must be wrong.
Well, I think you're the one digging deeper and see no light out while most of us already figured out how to make the car perform. And those who can't figure out how to drive, they either moved on to another brand or another car, and we don't see them bitching that much either.

Calling us defensive you want, and mind you this is a thread for F104. You can go whine about Tamiya at a non-Tamiya thread all you want but common sense tells that you're just going to get flamed for unconstructive comments here. We're trying to help each other here, not listening to some kid whining.

I already tell you a good baseline for tire setup. If you want to be defensive and refuse to work on the car, that's your problem, not us and definitely not the car.

F1 is not an easy car to drive. If you cannot handle the car, you should stick to TC until you're better at throttle control and lining.

That said, you should just move on to another brand if you really dislike Tamiya that much. But you're probably going to be back bitching again because RC is a business, and you're going to relearn a new car again.

Good luck on your HPI.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally Posted by TryHard
I'm pretty sure no one is denying that it doesn't happen... it's just the way you seem convinced that Tamiya is the only company that does it... There are other out there that are way worse than Tamiya.

It's called business. As many have said, you don't like it, don't buy it... no one's forcing you to buy anything.
The only way out for the kid is to get another brand and test for himself. Like it, keep it. Doesn't like it, come back and whine again.

Or he can email Tamiya and ask for a TRF104 with all options. But probably going to whine again if Tamiya comes out with TRF105.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.