Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Go for the rubber shielded ceramic bearing.
Clean them with alcohol or break cleaner and then oil them with a light oil like LRP bearing oil.
Smooth as butter and last forever.
I have on my F103 still the original front wheel bearings from Tamiya and this car is over 15 years old

regards Roy

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
many thanks roy. i buy packs from rcmart but only seem to use the front wheel bearings. i now have many diff and rear bearing and no front
Old 10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i see they have made the X1 conversion kit available to by for the F104 pro does anyone know where they are in stock i not having luck finding it
Old 10-11-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freakyfreakyflo
could someone tell me the exact sizing of the 104 front wheel bearings and any place to get some.
thanks
RCMart have individual sizes (in packs of 10):

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/advanc...sort=1a&page=8

*Yeah Racing (#YB6013B/S10) Blue Ball Bearing (5x10x4mm) 10pcs
*Yeah Racing (#YB6013CB) Blue Telfon Ceramic Ball Bearing (5x10x4mm) 10pcs
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So does anyone know if u can get the damper roll for the split deck seperately or is tamiya just the biggest scammimg rc company out there!! The reason i say that is because at the beginning of the summer tamiya released a split deck only now i see u can get the split deck and damper roll as a set but how about for all the people that bought the split deck before now there gonna force us to buy another split deck just to get the damper roll if this is the case im probably gonna stop buying tamiya (scammers) kits......let me know if someones seen the damper seperately and i will apologize to tamiya but if there isnt its the last scam they pull on me ....crooks!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
So does anyone know if u can get the damper roll for the split deck seperately or is tamiya just the biggest scammimg rc company out there!! The reason i say that is because at the beginning of the summer tamiya released a split deck only now i see u can get the split deck and damper roll as a set but how about for all the people that bought the split deck before now there gonna force us to buy another split deck just to get the damper roll if this is the case im probably gonna stop buying tamiya (scammers) kits......let me know if someones seen the damper seperately and i will apologize to tamiya but if there isnt its the last scam they pull on me ....crooks!!
i believe the roll damper itself won't be available separately until later this year - its listed as an option, but not available for sale yet

and (i could be wrong) i don't think you need to by the X1-based split deck to use the damper set...so just calm down
Old 10-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

I believe they call it "The Tamiya Sunami Relief Fund"

Last edited by NiMo; 10-11-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Im after a speedway pal brawn body if any 1 know where i can get 1?
Could u please send a link! and for the wings thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I thought the X1 split upper deck was different from the hop up split deck.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I thought the X1 split upper deck was different from the hop up split deck.
It is. The optional carbon split deck has no way to mount the damper tube.

There's probably a way to get a damper tube on there if you're willing to do some shade tree engineering. It just won't be TCS legal.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Lol why all the drama? If you don't like it then don't buy. It's not like the split deck you have all of a sudden doesn't work. It worked fine for one of the local guys here who podiumed at Vegas last week.
Here's a speed secret- most guys running the 104 t-plate chassis aren't using any lube any way for the side dampener or the stock pucks
Old 10-11-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bigtomo71
Im after a speedway pal brawn body if any 1 know where i can get 1?
Could u please send a link! and for the wings thanks
I bought mine from RainbowTen, the full name of the body is
Speed Way Pal PF001 F104 F1 body type-br
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html
They no longer have it in stock, I presume it has been discontinued as it isn't available anywhere. You could try contacting them to see if they can order it for you.

Probably better going for the Chevron F110 body as it's pretty near with the Brawns distinctive sidepods, but has ridges on the top of the nose.

The wings are the 3Racing wing set for F104, a pity 3Racing never made them in white. Add the 3racing F104 wheel cover set and the Brawn sticker set available from Rainbowten to complete it.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

just ordered my split top deck with damper really looking forward to trying this out when i receive it
Old 10-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
i see they have made the X1 conversion kit available to by for the F104 pro does anyone know where they are in stock i not having luck finding it
Matt, I will be stocking the conversion kit as soon as it becomes available, should be in the next few weeks.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So TAMIYA are a bunch o crooks because they develop new products?
That makes a ton of sense. If they didn't bring out the X1 you'd be bitching that they keep Selling the same tired product. if you run on carpet you may not even want or need that new setup, initial testing is showing that you need to free up the rear end of the car to get it to work. The X1 was awesome at the TCS Nats, but guess what? An X1 didnt take the title, it was a damper disc car. I may run y pro chassis with the split carbon deck on carpet, at least for TCS , for club racing I will be running my Exotek.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
So TAMIYA are a bunch o crooks because they develop new products?
That makes a ton of sense. If they didn't bring out the X1 you'd be bitching that they keep Selling the same tired product. if you run on carpet you may not even want or need that new setup, initial testing is showing that you need to free up the rear end of the car to get it to work. The X1 was awesome at the TCS Nats, but guess what? An X1 didnt take the title, it was a damper disc car. I may run y pro chassis with the split carbon deck on carpet, at least for TCS , for club racing I will be running my Exotek.
And yes im sure im not the only one who has that opinion on tamiya

But some guys are rite if u dont like it dont buy it ....and i wouldnt its just the only class of f1 im allowed racing at my local club races are the crook tamiyas...id much rather race the hpi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.