Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigtomo71
Can you get wet weather rubber tires?
Also thinking maybe doin a Mercedes using a brawn body but the listing has been taken of eBay! Any 1 know where you could get the body or stickers? But I do like the new Renault Lotus! Help lol
I am working on the decal sheets for the Mercedes, as I am really busy at the moment I am not sure when they will be ready. I do have the Renault Lous sheets though the sheet looks like this

And this is what they look like on the car

I also have the Team Lotus sheets

And here they are on some bodies that are in different stages of completion

The store address is f1paintlab.com/zencart
Old 09-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Cuda,
For a guy that hates the 104 as much as you do, you sure have a good track record with it. My 103 is a rocket compared with my 104, but I figure the more time I spend with the 104, the faster I will get
I don't really hate it, it's just a bummer the 104 only works good for me at Tamiya but I haven't given it much attention other than at that track cuz the 103 has been allowed to run at our other stops on the UF1 Tour.

103 is gonna be outlawed in the UF1 soon too, it'll be under a LeMans body on rubber tires only so I'm really gonna have to get with the F104 and make it work now.

That F103 on foams won me that F104 when the 103 was still supported at the Tamiya Regionals. Man I dig that car.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am working on the decal sheets for the Mercedes, as I am really busy at the moment I am not sure when they will be ready. I do have the Renault Lous sheets though the sheet looks like this

And this is what they look like on the car

I also have the Team Lotus sheets

And here they are on some bodies that are in different stages of completion

The store address is f1paintlab.com/zencart
Nice job Brad! Andy Wallace
Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default BP Shadow (Or anyone who knows)

Pardon my ignorance but what body is that?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I don't really hate it, it's just a bummer the 104 only works good for me at Tamiya but I haven't given it much attention other than at that track cuz the 103 has been allowed to run at our other stops on the UF1 Tour.

103 is gonna be outlawed in the UF1 soon too, it'll be under a LeMans body on rubber tires only so I'm really gonna have to get with the F104 and make it work now.

That F103 on foams won me that F104 when the 103 was still supported at the Tamiya Regionals. Man I dig that car.
Dude, you need to dial yourself into all the TCS illegal ish...no center screw, widen up the rear w/ axle shims (within the limit) yadda yadda. Especially the center screw, that is huge.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running my X1 outdoors quite happily recently... although starting to observe a few things, and a have a few questions...

1) the Pit 0575 rears seem to tear up much worse at the big outdoor track... 2 runs and I'm getting sidewall tears. Yet at the indoor track 2meetings and no issues... guess I should go Tam rubber or Foams for the outdoor.
It's pretty obvious when they tear, as the car becomes really unstable and takes a set out of the corner that you can't correct (like if the rear axle is moving... don't ask!). Can just about keep up with the other F1's on foams, but boy it's tough..

I'd love to try some of the 0572's... but can't seem to find them in the stores near me.

2)Steering... So far I've tried the Jun setup (horn reversed), and this weekend gave the Austin upside down setting a try... and honestly, I can't feel much difference! It did feel a little less reactive, and maybe something else is masking the changes, but I dunno. Next on my list is the servo horn up setting..

3) T-Bars. Has anyone else tried the 3Racing T-bars? Seem a lot cheaper and more durable than the Tamiya's, and the 1.3mm seems very similar to the super-soft, without any cutout too boot (a weak point, IMO).
I did try running the Tamiya soft bar this weekend with out the centre screw (forced too after I crunched the car against a barrier due to aforementioned tyre issues! Car came back to the pits in two pieces... oops!), and I'm not sold on it, still didn't feel as good as with the 1.3/centre screw.
I will admit I did find a motor wire causing a slight issues when I got home which could be the main root of some of the problems, so could have been the root of the problems using that t-bar... will try it in practise this weekend to check

4) Front end. On my list to try again this weekend is the front end changes (lower front arm)... might as well give it a try and see what happens!

Maybe not the most informative post, more ramblings than anything else!

Ed
Old 09-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all,
Been looking for more information about my F104 pro and I seem to have found it!
Been doing some research into converting my F104 pro to 1/10 pan car wheels, since I'm running a pan car as well this would make things easier.
Anyone done this? Any downfalls?
I figured for the front I can run 5mmx8mm flanged bearing to run the front wheels on the standard tamiya stub. I see Losi do a bearing for this.

What's the easiest way to convert the rear? I have done some searching and without doing some custom work I'm not sure how to do this. Can anyone shed some light on to this.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I have read through a few pages of this thread... but as you can see there's over 400 pages
Old 09-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Dude, you need to dial yourself into all the TCS illegal ish...no center screw, widen up the rear w/ axle shims (within the limit) yadda yadda. Especially the center screw, that is huge.
Yep, got started, tested it where we are heading to next and it's not bad.
Not too worried about it just yet cuz the 103 on foam and open motor is feelin good there and still legal. Braaaaap.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
I was wondering why you said foam was no good on asphalt.
Now I get what you're sayin, "A" foam is no good on asphalt.

Now, my 103 with the right foam on asphalt will destroy the same car with rubber.
The 104 on either foam or asphalt isn't even in the same league so I wouldn't even try to catch the 103.
Now if you have to run the F104, first off let me say I'm very sorry BUT if you do have to run it, the F103 front end and the F103 tires front and back will make it almost feel like a race car and that is about as close as you are gonna get.
Thank you all for the advice, to switch the front end to 103 as well should I just use the standard Tamiya F103 front arms or would you suggest another brand(apologies never looked at the 103 so not fully aware of what will be required).

Also what is the best compounds to use for treated asphalt(we have a had quite a bit of rain so the traction is pretty patchy tbh).
Old 09-14-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10noob
Here is 1 F104W who drives almost the same as my F103.
And this said after just 2 hours of getting to know the car
40sh front and 30sh on the rear.
Black springs on the front,red spring on the center shock with 300 Tamiya oil in the shock.
Front a bit lower then the rear.
The super soft T-bar is a bit up to the chassis and this works fine.
The single middle screw is gone and a glued a shock foam kussing between the T-bar and the rear battery mount to keep it almost level to the chassis.

regards Roy
and a glued a shock foam kussing between the T-bar and the rear battery mount to keep it almost level to the chassis.

Picture ???
Old 09-14-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i always get pasted by the f103 my 104 its no comparason at all.

i have been looking at the ride rubber tyres they are more money what others thoughts on these.

im thinking of using foam tyres at the nationals this year for F1 can drive it a bit harder
Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Matt just wait till the hotter weather comes around... i guarantee you will absolutely paste Doug then with tamiya medium tyres. Doug is bloody good though!!! I've never had any luck with my 104 in the cold weather... that being said i've never taken the time to run foams really, i liek the consistency of rubber tyres.

Ohh and have you tried out the suggestion on here to put weights on the winglet things under the receiver and ESC? i'm gonna go buy some weights tomorrow and give it a crack when I race next... racing 1/8th offroad this weekend, so no F1 for me this sunday.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone know anything about the new speedpassion v3.0 w/ 21.5r ? I'm looking to possibly get one this weekend for my f1 and I'm not sure if I should or not. I have a silver can in it now with a Novak XRs esc. What to do? I'm also putting the new f60 body on it.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by connyw
and a glued a shock foam kussing between the T-bar and the rear battery mount to keep it almost level to the chassis.

Picture ???
Here you go

regards Roy
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-t-bar.jpg  
Old 09-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rkk
Pardon my ignorance but what body is that?
it should be the tamiya f60 body...which is what most people have been using to re-create some of the 2010/2011 team cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.