Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 07-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by connyw
Does anyone know where to buy different decals for F104Pro

Thanks
ebay.com also has some. some are specific to the f60 body, like the 2011 redbull, and the 2011 ferrari decals. i got my mclaren mp4/5b decals from ebay.com, it came with enough decals for the 4/4 4/5 4/5b 4/6 and 4/7.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well, i finally got the mclaren mp 4/5b done. i couldn't decide if i wanted to go with the marlboro decals or the barcode. my girlfriend said that i shouldn't be advocating for the tobacco industry, so i decided to go with the barcode.

now that it is done i kinda wished i went with the marlboro decals, because it would have looked more complete.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya F104 Pro!-imag0364.jpg  
Old 07-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
well, i finally got the mclaren mp 4/5b done. i couldn't decide if i wanted to go with the marlboro decals or the barcode. my girlfriend said that i shouldn't be advocating for the tobacco industry, so i decided to go with the barcode.

now that it is done i kinda wished i went with the marlboro decals, because it would have looked more complete.
Nah, that car is sweet just like that. Girlfriend is right, tobacco sucks.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Senna helmet makes it worth every penny.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

@ rtypec, really appreciated the build and the great photos. The new "titanium" color is the same that they use for the regular shock bodies and to me looks tits with the blue metal.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Tech Rookie

rtypec, nice build. I appreciate the time it took you. Nice photos. Thank you.
1 question, does the kit not come with an aluminum motor mount?
Old 07-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default X factor

Hey guys.... just got a few quick questions I need answered directly and I don't have time to scroll through a bunch of pages to get my answer because I'm helping prepare the track for the Nats this week out here in Jersey. If anyone knows or has a source for answers, I'd appreciate it. So....

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket parts available yet to upgrade my F104 to an X1?
I don't want to have to buy a complete new kit for a few changes that appear to be directly compatible to the car I already own.
When will they be available?
Where will they be available?
Since the X1 is Tamiya, I'm assuming it is TCS legal, correct?
Has anyone run the X1 chassis yet with rubber tyres on asphalt?
Have the improvements made a considerable difference?
I know it is still hot off the presses, so I can understand if maybe these questions are a little premature.

Thanks guys for your help.
F1 for life.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iknowjoe
Hey guys.... just got a few quick questions I need answered directly and I don't have time to scroll through a bunch of pages to get my answer because I'm helping prepare the track for the Nats this week out here in Jersey. If anyone knows or has a source for answers, I'd appreciate it. So....

Does anyone know if there are aftermarket parts available yet to upgrade my F104 to an X1?
I don't want to have to buy a complete new kit for a few changes that appear to be directly compatible to the car I already own.
When will they be available?
Where will they be available?
Since the X1 is Tamiya, I'm assuming it is TCS legal, correct?
Has anyone run the X1 chassis yet with rubber tyres on asphalt?
Have the improvements made a considerable difference?
I know it is still hot off the presses, so I can understand if maybe these questions are a little premature.

Thanks guys for your help.
F1 for life.
Hey Joe - look for me tonite, I'll be up at Jackson for a while setting my crap up I'll share what I know with ya
Old 07-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Hey Joe - look for me tonite, I'll be up at Jackson for a while setting my crap up I'll share what I know with ya
Cool brother... I'll be around.
Thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Sum help Please

I realy fancy an F104 but not sure witch to go for? The Mclaren mp4/5 or mp4/6 or the new Mclaren or F60 maybe try an do a Brawn Gp rep from 09???
Any help or surgestions would be spot on.
Im looking at running my VXL3 ESC an Velineon 3500 brushless an 2.4GHz radio gear as i hav 2 slash ultimates an used 1 for bits? Would this stuff fit? as well as a 2s lipo thats the same size as your average 6 cell NiMH. I new to these F1 cars but dead keen to get into them cheers
Old 07-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Nah, that car is sweet just like that. Girlfriend is right, tobacco sucks.
Kalifornastan has spoken
Old 07-27-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iknowjoe
Hey guys.... just got a few quick questions ...

Q: Does anyone know if there are aftermarket parts available yet to upgrade my F104 to an X1?
A: Not at the moment. The kit is a very limited production run and when their done, the titanium colored X1 may become hard to find. From what I've heard, and I could be wrong, there won't be any titanium colored spare parts. However, I haven't tried contacting R10 as they seem to be able to special order ANY part (as random as it may be) directly from the Shizoka warehouse.

Q: I don't want to have to buy a complete new kit for a few changes that appear to be directly compatible to the car I already own.
A: You'll need a top deck, roll damper assembly, and the front bulkhead of the motor pod. I didn't look carefully, but I believe the carbon reinforced plastic tree isn't molded with attachment points for the roll damper.

Q: When will they be available?
A: From what I've heard, after the initial run of limited edition X1s, the parts in whatever color may integrated into the standard line up. Not sure about time frame.

Q: Where will they be available?
A: Don't know, see above.

Q: Since the X1 is Tamiya, I'm assuming it is TCS legal, correct?
A: Not sure, but I don't see why not...however, I'd ask the event organizers.

Q: Has anyone run the X1 chassis yet with rubber tyres on asphalt?
A: I can't answer that one. Pending any unforseen scheduling conflicts, I'll run mine this weekend.

Q: Have the improvements made a considerable difference?
A: Note sure...some of use used to set up our rear pods to be soft as possible and have a floppy feeling, but I will say the dampened side to to side roll feels butter smooth.

That's a whole bunch of unknowns Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rtypec
That's a whole bunch of unknowns Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
All good man... Thanks for what you have told me and keep me up-to-date.
I've been running the exotek chassis on mine and am quite pleased with it, I'd just like to have a comparable TCS legal product.
I built another car out of my old chassis and spare parts, so I want to explore other TCS options.

Thanks again.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

F104X1 Chassis Kit, Shimizu R1-Hard tires are available at TQ.

www.tqrcracing.com

Thanks.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec
Mike!!! Dude that is 1x10^6% pure win! Also you've got the fastest color. That looks to be good for at least half a second per lap
Car is lookin good Rod!

Originally Posted by Bigtomo71
I realy fancy an F104 but not sure witch to go for? The Mclaren mp4/5 or mp4/6 or the new Mclaren or F60 maybe try an do a Brawn Gp rep from 09???
Any help or surgestions would be spot on.
Im looking at running my VXL3 ESC an Velineon 3500 brushless an 2.4GHz radio gear as i hav 2 slash ultimates an used 1 for bits? Would this stuff fit? as well as a 2s lipo thats the same size as your average 6 cell NiMH. I new to these F1 cars but dead keen to get into them cheers
Get both! Mosts guys end up with 2-3 kits after they realize how inexpensive F1 generally is.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.