R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #556
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 764
Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)
Default f104

hey guys, I have brand new f104 for sale! here is the link.

FS: Tamiya F104 with hop ups!! GTB and 10.5t

Thanks.
bluecusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:40 AM   #557
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 810
Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime View Post
as of the time of this post, Vellrip have 1 in stock for $195US, link is;
http://www.vellrip.com/store/product_details.asp?p=1920
hope this helps someone out.
Gone...


good price...

$195 is dealer cost... they must make it up in the $48 shipping
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #558
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox88gt View Post
I have heard through the grapevine that the F104 body will fit on the old F201chassis. Anyone know if there is any truth to that? I'd really like to update the looks of my f201 to '08 spec (to go along with my shelf-queen F2001 body). Sadly no one races F1 in my area...not that the F201 would be competitive with the F103RM's and new F104 anyway, I'm just an F1 fanatic.
negative, the f104 body is too short. I have my f201 sitting next to my f104. Even if you don't use the side pontoons (i.e. leave it ugly ) you'll have a hard time fitting the battery under there.

Apart from the 4wd part, I think the F201 is more 'F1' with all the bits (including an easy to break gearbox!! )
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #559
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tustin,CA,USA
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akura2 View Post
Gone...


good price...

$195 is dealer cost... they must make it up in the $48 shipping
ultimatehobbies has them in stock, not sure if they ship outside the US, I'm spoiled, I jump in my car and I'm there in 10 mins
torg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #560
Tech Fanatic
 
akura2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paramount, CA
Posts: 810
Send a message via AIM to akura2 Send a message via Yahoo to akura2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
ultimatehobbies has them in stock, not sure if they ship outside the US, I'm spoiled, I jump in my car and I'm there in 10 mins
same here... been trying to decide how to sneak one into the house... I was going to go to Ultimate today, but the wife had me on lock doing housework with her....
akura2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:46 AM   #561
Tech Addict
 
fox88gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: FDL, WI
Posts: 526
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by torg View Post
negative, the f104 body is too short. I have my f201 sitting next to my f104. Even if you don't use the side pontoons (i.e. leave it ugly ) you'll have a hard time fitting the battery under there.

Apart from the 4wd part, I think the F201 is more 'F1' with all the bits (including an easy to break gearbox!! )
Thanks for the info! I figured someone out there had an F201 laying around. I also think the F201 is very 'F1'ish. I did one time take the front drive shaft out of mine to try it as a 2WD and wow, between the rubber tires and 17t modified in mine i'm surprised the rear tires didnt start graining from all the wheelspin! I just had to try it though....
fox88gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #562
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtypecanare View Post
Here is my F104 as it is so far, I'm planning on using the Orion 2400 and 3200, as well as the Reedy 3400. All these batteries fit really well without any major modification, just a slight trimming down of the battery holder.

Some aero tweaks
How do you get the wires on the Orion's to fit? The chassis gets in the way where I can't get the plugs to fit.
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #563
Tech Addict
 
Vyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Posts: 549
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Nice lookin ride Gtype! I can't wait to see that car when it's done. It's a runner right?
__________________
Tamiya Road Wizard, F101s, F102s, F103s, F103RSs, F103LM, F103RXs, F103RMs, F201's, TRF-F103R, F104 PRO's, F104 F-60 & MP4-24, F104X1's F104 V2's, a TRF101 and a TRF101w...The King of Queens
Vyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #564
Tech Fanatic
 
SRBMOJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: ORANGE CO., CA
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade329 View Post
How do you get the wires on the Orion's to fit? The chassis gets in the way where I can't get the plugs to fit.
The guys the Tamiya track make the red wire long, plug it into the battery before sliding it under the upper deck, the red wire remains on top of the battery and takes up the space between the battery and the upper deck. Plug the black wire in before sliding the battery in. You must wire the 4mm plugs at a 90 degree (make sure that you lay the wire on a 90 degree to the 4mm plug when soldering)

hope that makes sense
__________________
ALL TAMIYA 4 WHEEL DRIVE ALL THE TIME
TRF-416X, SP CIRTIX, LRP X-12 17.5, FUTABA 9550
SRBMOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #565
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRBMOJO View Post
The guys the Tamiya track make the red wire long, plug it into the battery before sliding it under the upper deck, the red wire remains on top of the battery and takes up the space between the battery and the upper deck. Plug the black wire in before sliding the battery in. You must wire the 4mm plugs at a 90 degree (make sure that you lay the wire on a 90 degree to the 4mm plug when soldering)

hope that makes sense
Thanks for the info. I'll have to solder some new 4mm plugs.
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 PM   #566
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

Hey guys. Just got my F104 from my shop. They ordered it for me a week ago and it finally came in.

Any tips on building it? I've built an F103RM, F103R and a F103GT so it shouldnt be anything new to me.

The only part that looks a little tricky is the body. How did you go about cutting out the body? Did you cut or leave the side pods on?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #567
Tech Elite
 
SerpentCT4S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,847
Trader Rating: 94 (96%+)
Send a message via AIM to SerpentCT4S
Default

Hey, Ive started building my kit.

I ran into a small problem while putting on the top arms, steering blocks and pins. My upper and lower arms arent lining up with each other. Therefore, when I put the pin through the steering block, the pin isnt straight, its leaning towards the back of the car. I know it shouldnt be like this, no other F1 I built has had this problem. When I put the pins and springs on the front and put the clips top and bottom of the pin, the whole assembly is leaning towards the back of the car. There is also no movement in the pins and spring because its not even. The pins should be upright, correct? Any idea whats wrong?
SerpentCT4S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #568
Tech Champion
 
blade329's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Glendora, CA
Posts: 5,127
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
Hey, Ive started building my kit.

I ran into a small problem while putting on the top arms, steering blocks and pins. My upper and lower arms arent lining up with each other. Therefore, when I put the pin through the steering block, the pin isnt straight, its leaning towards the back of the car. I know it shouldnt be like this, no other F1 I built has had this problem. When I put the pins and springs on the front and put the clips top and bottom of the pin, the whole assembly is leaning towards the back of the car. There is also no movement in the pins and spring because its not even. The pins should be upright, correct? Any idea whats wrong?
I just built mine last week. I think it's supposed to be that way. Just make sure those little ball things are firmly pressed into the arms. I also noticed that the distance of the ball cups on the turnbuckles is totally off (21mm).
__________________
Traxxas Slash 2wd XL-5,
Losi SCTE 2.0,
Associated FT B4.2,
Associated FT T4.2
blade329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:09 PM   #569
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,472
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
Hey, Ive started building my kit.

I ran into a small problem while putting on the top arms, steering blocks and pins. My upper and lower arms arent lining up with each other. Therefore, when I put the pin through the steering block, the pin isnt straight, its leaning towards the back of the car.
This is called caster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentCT4S View Post
I know it shouldnt be like this, no other F1 I built has had this problem. When I put the pins and springs on the front and put the clips top and bottom of the pin, the whole assembly is leaning towards the back of the car. There is also no movement in the pins and spring because its not even. The pins should be upright, correct? Any idea whats wrong?
As was posted before, make sure the balls are free in the arms. Make sure the pins move smoothly in the balls/arms without the steering blocks.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #570
Tech Champion
 
F N CUDA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Mission Viejo, So Cal
Posts: 5,424
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Hey you F N F1 racers, check out this new thread from 240Z!

Gonna get a direct connection to the F1 scene in So Cal by coordinating track times so we can overwhelm chosen tracks on given days!

He calls it an F1 Swarm!
I like it, join in, show up and let's race.
The tracks will love us and you know more will join in!

F1 is alive and well in So. Cal!
__________________
Craig Hammon

Last edited by F N CUDA; 08-05-2009 at 04:57 PM.
F N CUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:35 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net