R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #5536
Tech Elite

I for one would just love to go to this .... just too far and too soon. Good luck to those who can go. I hope a class and a race is made.

I had my first race with my new F104 Black Special Ed this last weekend over at Strictly RC.
Was very enjoyable. Learnt alot about the car in a very short time and thanks to robk for the help and all at Strictly for making me so welcome too!!

I could say I did really well and came 3rd here, which is true I did. But there was only three of us there!?
But still my lap times were close to the others and apart from an annoying rerar lightness and 'grip rolling' issue on entry to the sweeper. I was really pleased with the handling of the car!

I was expecting the car to be alot more nervous than it was. Thanks again to Rob for the set-up tips and his blog.

So looking foreward to the next race although I may not be able to get to Al's Hobbies Asphalt Assault Race day on the 10th July but thats where the F1's are meeting again. So hope I can go.

One thing I did learn just as an fyi. The shock spring needs to be even lighter then most have tried I feel. Maybe as low as 3 or 4lb !! Also I think 25wt oil is too thin. My car was bouncy over the bumps with this in. Try 30 or 35 wt.

Just my thoughts. Also shimming the servo saver and laying bthe servo down as recommended by Rob really helps even out the steering!!

Sorry for the long post here

BM
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #5537
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
I would hope the rules would follow the UF1 realistic rules... 21.5 / non boost, rubber tires, 180mm maximum width... I hope it happens, we will see if there is enough interest...
For what it's worth I emailed Scotty and offered to be a sponsor of the event if the F1 realistic class happens. We'll see!

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:43 PM   #5538
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
For what it's worth I emailed Scotty and offered to be a sponsor of the event if the F1 realistic class happens. We'll see!
Sweet Exotek is the Best Chassie out There hands down.. Got 3 Cars with them on it..
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #5539
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post
Mike, you rock dude...
Hope this will come together
Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #5540
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I for one would just love to go to this .... just too far and too soon. Good luck to those who can go. I hope a class and a race is made.

I had my first race with my new F104 Black Special Ed this last weekend over at Strictly RC.
Was very enjoyable. Learnt alot about the car in a very short time and thanks to robk for the help and all at Strictly for making me so welcome too!!

I could say I did really well and came 3rd here, which is true I did. But there was only three of us there!?
But still my lap times were close to the others and apart from an annoying rerar lightness and 'grip rolling' issue on entry to the sweeper. I was really pleased with the handling of the car!

I was expecting the car to be alot more nervous than it was. Thanks again to Rob for the set-up tips and his blog.

So looking foreward to the next race although I may not be able to get to Al's Hobbies Asphalt Assault Race day on the 10th July but thats where the F1's are meeting again. So hope I can go.

One thing I did learn just as an fyi. The shock spring needs to be even lighter then most have tried I feel. Maybe as low as 3 or 4lb !! Also I think 25wt oil is too thin. My car was bouncy over the bumps with this in. Try 30 or 35 wt.

Just my thoughts. Also shimming the servo saver and laying bthe servo down as recommended by Rob really helps even out the steering!!

Sorry for the long post here

BM
Glad you could come out! We were missing a few cars...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #5541
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerealstudio View Post
I also have a question for you or anyone else that can help me out. Under the hood I am running the Sidewinder Sport 5700kV System with the SV2 ESC, the DX3E Spektrum and a 5000mAh NiMH stick pack. A pretty sweet kit for a noob if you ask me but lo-and-behold the thing cogs. I went to local hobby shop and they told me there is pretty much nothing to do unless I buy a new LiPO set ($100 at least and that won't totally fix it, he said) so my question is: Would a LRP BEC Stabilizing Cap help a bit?
I have to admit I have not switched to 1/10 scale brushless system because of the cogging I experienced with my 1/18 and 1/36 systems( Tekin and Losi ). With lipo. I haven't tried a sensored 1/10 system but I am a die hard brushed system hobbiest because (and this is only MY opinion) my brushed LRP Q2C is MUCH smoother than than anything I've personally experienced.

I am sure someone using a modern sensored brushless system will repudiate my statement, but I have no problems with the feel, or adjustments of my brushed system. And since I am not trying to fit into any particular class,(tired of racing rules) my ESC/motor/battery choice is wide open.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #5542
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan1467 View Post
Anyone know if the Team Bomber F104 chassis kit and the TRG dual damper kit will work together?
i know the trg roll damper does not work with the zen upper deck. if the deck looks like a tamiya deck it should work.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, and TE03. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. CRC 235mm Pro-10, Top Rebel 12
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #5543
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anybody know where i can get the mclaren mp4/5b body set?

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, and TE03. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. CRC 235mm Pro-10, Top Rebel 12
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:16 AM   #5544
Tech Regular

i couldnt wait for tamiya to release the bodykits so had a crack at my own
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-104w.jpg  

Eagle Racing GRT FRD. Tamiya F103GT. Tamiya Blackfoot............ORIGINAL
kneedeeppow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #5545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

F104x1 pre order link up!
Old 07-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #5546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

News about the IIC race in Vegas....

http://uf1series.com/_news/news_2011.html
Old 07-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #5547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfoot View Post
News about the IIC race in Vegas....

http://uf1series.com/_news/news_2011.html
I am considering it. Sounds like a fun time. hmmm...just need to find someone to carpool with.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:25 AM   #5548
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
When is an expected timeframe in which they will be in?
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:29 AM   #5549
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
When is an expected timeframe in which they will be in?
I believe early August .... some places late July!
Old 07-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #5550
Tech Rookie

Default Tekin B1R Question

I started driving my car today and noticed that my B1R got a little warm with a very light load maybe less than a minute of driving. Im probably just panicing because I wasn't quite sure if i had set up all the capacitors correctly so I took some pictures to ask you guys. Basically i dont want a puddle of plastic lol. Also is it normal to have a little play in the rear ball differential.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-img_0801.jpg   Tamiya F104 Pro!-img_0802.jpg  
Kapitan is offline   Reply With Quote