Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya F104 Pro! >

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Like Tree12Likes

Tamiya F104 Pro!

Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys, I'm having trouble with the plastic diff in my F104. Like normal I took the wheel off, put it back on and went to set it up again, however something has changed and it no longer functions like normal, the two rear wheels lock together straight away, and I can't do anything about it. I've tried everything, cleaning it, re-greasing it, re-assembling it, but I can't solve it....any ideas???

And yes, I will be getting a pro shortly...
Old 06-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by robk
You have 2 ways to go- X1 or buy a F60 or McLaren kit and put a couple things on it, like the split top deck, heavy pivot, shock, and maybe pro diff. The pro black or pro are great, but I'm starting to think that the split deck, heavy pivot, and FRP lower are a big advantage. So you're paying for stuff that may not do you a lot of good.
+1. smart man this robk fellow
Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Luosi
Hi guys, I'm having trouble with the plastic diff in my F104. Like normal I took the wheel off, put it back on and went to set it up again, however something has changed and it no longer functions like normal, the two rear wheels lock together straight away, and I can't do anything about it. I've tried everything, cleaning it, re-greasing it, re-assembling it, but I can't solve it....any ideas???

Check your spring washers
Old 06-10-2011, 04:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Check your spring washers
Tried that, didnt work
Old 06-10-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

the spur gear or something in can only be inserted in one direction or the spacing is all messed up i know that i have seen this before with somebody else diff assembly when they were having trouble
Old 06-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

whats the advantages of the heavy rear pivot post how much weight does it actually add to the chassis ? i have ordered one to try now i actually didnt know they made one
Old 06-10-2011, 09:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I shoegooed 25g lead under each of the side pods for the electronics. works like the heavy pivot but more like a f103 with the weight transfer
Old 06-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
I shoegooed 25g lead under each of the side pods for the electronics. works like the heavy pivot but more like a f103 with the weight transfer
Smart man
Old 06-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Go to the manual and check the bevel washer configuration. If you reverse this, the diff locks up easily and feels like crap.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

YYes .... I have my new F104Pro Black Special Edition on order. :-)
Now the fun will begin.......
Getting a" WolfPack" Lips battery for her. Does everyone run them? Couldn't find any other Lips that fits??

Getting son Pit and Tamika tires too........

BM
Old 06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone using the 3racing one piece t-plate/rear pod plate? I just put on the 1.3 one without the center pivot screw and it seems like there is a lot more compliance in the rear suspension than the soft Tamiya t-plate. Hopefully I'll get to try it out Sunday after work and see how it does.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by robk
Go to the manual and check the bevel washer configuration. If you reverse this, the diff locks up easily and feels like crap.
I've put these washers in just like it shows in the manual, but its still no go. Is it possible these things can wear out? because I am convinced they are the problem...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeff D.
Anyone using the 3racing one piece t-plate/rear pod plate? I just put on the 1.3 one without the center pivot screw and it seems like there is a lot more compliance in the rear suspension than the soft Tamiya t-plate. Hopefully I'll get to try it out Sunday after work and see how it does.
hi Jeff this was the first option i put in when i first tried things out i have the 1.3 mm in mine and the rear end was heaps better and i have since been trying other buts and bobs and they all make a big difference with every small adjustments and tips from other people here
Old 06-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kneedeeppow
+1. smart man this robk fellow
He's 'aight.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is there anywhere to get the frp top and bottom plates for the pro? Or do i just loosen some screws to get it to flex? I have a soft t plate, and will look at other adjustments on my new (used) pro.

Havent driven it yet, but here soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.