R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #4846
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I ran the separated upper deck along with the new heavy pivot mount in Chicago during practice. My guess is that these parts are designed more for asphalt and rubber tires. The car was very aggressive in the front end with that set up. I also had the upper mount spacers removed as well. In the end I ran the fiberglass lower deck, the full carbon upper deck, and the heavy pivot mount and the car was very good. I finished eighth after triple a mains. This was more a result of luck in traffic and lack of seat time than outright speed or handling. Had I been better in qualifying I think I could have run up front. The setup I am talking about was for foam tires on carpet, outdoors will be a different ballgame
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:42 AM   #4847
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,107
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Why not make them yourself with some old foam tires??
You can shape them like you want and put in the shore you want also.
Works like a charm
Did it in the past with my M03 for the front tires.
Les wear,better grip and no more groves in the tires.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Does anyone know who sells hard foam inserts for the f104
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #4848
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,620
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

thanks pro 10 noob its a good idea i just wanted to know if there was a company who already makes them
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #4849
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,107
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

The only insert i know that would fit where the old wide Tamiya TC insert that where used on the TA01 and TA02 at the rear.
In the past i cut these up and glued them together again to get a firmer insert.
When i got a tire truer i used the old or new foam tires for inserts.

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
thanks pro 10 noob its a good idea i just wanted to know if there was a company who already makes them
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #4850
Tech Addict
 
G-rem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 666
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP SHADOW View Post
I ran the separated upper deck along with the new heavy pivot mount in Chicago during practice. My guess is that these parts are designed more for asphalt and rubber tires. The car was very aggressive in the front end with that set up. I also had the upper mount spacers removed as well. In the end I ran the fiberglass lower deck, the full carbon upper deck, and the heavy pivot mount and the car was very good. I finished eighth after triple a mains. This was more a result of luck in traffic and lack of seat time than outright speed or handling. Had I been better in qualifying I think I could have run up front. The setup I am talking about was for foam tires on carpet, outdoors will be a different ballgame
Thank you so much for your feedback, BP SHADOW, what you tell is just what I want to hear, because I'll most of the time run the F104 on "zero grip" asphalt with rubber tyres, so it's just what I want to have like behaviour of my chassis, a direct front end and a good traction of the rear.

Just a question, what is the new heavy pivot mount?

As you try the separate upper deck, can you tell me if a hardcase LiPo battery with internal plug like a IP 5600 mAh 50C can fit perfectly on the chassis without any modification of it?

Thanks,
G-rem
G-rem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #4851
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,907
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
Think ill pass on urs. man stell uses stock crapy Top plate. And Almost Looks like a Copy of the Exotek.. just with Adj Side Links.
i guess you cant see very well, it does not use the "stock crappy" top plate and how is a tri shock anywhere near the exotec? not one piece on it is anything like the exotec. my top plate allows for droop adjustment without taking the shock apart and you can also use normal hard pack batteries. but yeah your right ,its a copy
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #4852
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 1,063
Default

tcb, how can you tell a man you'll test his chassis at some stage, then diss it saying it's crap based on looking at a picture? If you don't have something constructive to add, why say anything at all?
__________________
Agama A8 Evo | GRP .21 | Spektrum | Savox

My car just hit 88mph. I hope it comes back soon....
JR007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #4853
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 48 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
i guess you cant see very well, it does not use the "stock crappy" top plate and how is a tri shock anywhere near the exotec? not one piece on it is anything like the exotec. my top plate allows for droop adjustment without taking the shock apart and you can also use normal hard pack batteries. but yeah your right ,its a copy
I looked all over ur website for pics of it all i seen was the bottom chassie plate on the home page. maby post a pic of the full chassie kit?
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #4854
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,907
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
I looked all over ur website for pics of it all i seen was the bottom chassie plate on the home page. maby post a pic of the full chassie kit?
im about to rebuild the website this week, here is a pic of my car:

here is what im working on now!
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #4855
Tech Regular
 
@Art_Mighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
Does anyone know who sells hard foam inserts for the f104
how would you classify existing factory inserts?
__________________
RC.A. - Tamiya Chapter (so many shinny blue parts..) O_o

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

ALL IS LOST
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #4856
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 48 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MantisWorx View Post
im about to rebuild the website this week, here is a pic of my car:

here is what im working on now!
Ok i withdraw my comment earlyer. what kind of side shocks are those? miniz? is there diffrent holes in the top plate to allow u to move the shock back for more rear droop? the front end looks crazy too.
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #4857
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,907
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb22185 View Post
Ok i withdraw my comment earlyer. what kind of side shocks are those? miniz? is there diffrent holes in the top plate to allow u to move the shock back for more rear droop? the front end looks crazy too.
the ones i sell with the kit are micro-t shocks. i use the yellow kyosho mini z shockson my personal car. Yes there are holes to adjust droop. the front allows for sliding caster adjustment and camber is adjustable via different plates.
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #4858
Tech Elite
 
BP SHADOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In the LAB paintin' bodies!!!!
Posts: 2,285
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-rem View Post
Thank you so much for your feedback, BP SHADOW, what you tell is just what I want to hear, because I'll most of the time run the F104 on "zero grip" asphalt with rubber tyres, so it's just what I want to have like behaviour of my chassis, a direct front end and a good traction of the rear.

Just a question, what is the new heavy pivot mount?

As you try the separate upper deck, can you tell me if a hardcase LiPo battery with internal plug like a IP 5600 mAh 50C can fit perfectly on the chassis without any modification of it?

Thanks,
G-rem
I ran my Orion 3800 pack that has the tubes integral with the battery pack, and the front piece has clearance for them, cant confirm the 5000 though. The heavy pivot is made from cast steel and is supposed to make up for the lightness of the lithium packs. It is about double the weight of the aluminum one. Will let you know how the car works as I start getting it prepared for racing outdoors
__________________
I'll hit the brakes he'll go right by
http://f1rclab.com
http://f1rclab.mybigcommerce.com
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:17 PM   #4859
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,039
Trader Rating: 48 (93%+)
Default

has any one takin the time to see how much wider the ride fronts are compard top the tamiya? i do notice the rides are a bit but i want to shim the rear to make them the same instede of the fronts being wider.
tcb22185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #4860
Tech Champion
 
MantisWorx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,907
Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)
Default

fronts are 2mm wider, rear is 3mm wider
MantisWorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net