Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
I think Mr. Hubbard got bit by the F1 bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Very nice...hmmmm
thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
12R5 parts included, or is that separate as well?
All are included. More pics coming detailing the parts package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunerjetta29 View Post
Any observations from testing the Link setup vs the T-Bar?
The F104 T-bar? Poor flex traits due to the limited design means you need a really hooked up track to get the F104 to match the lap times of a hooked up F103. That's why Tamiya keeps redesigning the F104 t-plate. Link is just flat out hooked up and has a wider window for performing on various tracks.

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #3332
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Really nice chassis!

It's time for me to decide what to drive in the upcoming Swedish F1 winter series - your EXO104 is absolutely worth considering

I'd like to know how battery change is done (we are running 30min. Mains with a mandatory pit stop/battery change). Pics with the electronics mounted would also be very much appreciated.

Our first race is in the end of October - what is the release date of the conversion kit?

Last edited by InZane; 09-28-2010 at 06:21 AM.
InZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:21 AM   #3333
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

yes, i agree. that chassis looks dam good. if anything is going to make the f104 work, i think the link system is going to be it. it really is about time someone put more thought into the f1 cars. 3racing put more thought into the f1 car, but i am not sure if that car can out perform a 103 anniversary on asphalt, somebody correct me if i am wrong, but i haven't seen it yet at my local tracks.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, TE03, and P01 235mm. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. Top Rebel 12.
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:25 AM   #3334
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.

Capricorn: LAB-C802, LAB E801, LAB-C03, TE03, and P01 235mm. SWORKz: S350BK1 EVO II, S104EVO, S12-1M. Top Rebel 12.
gsxr0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 AM   #3335
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post

The F104 T-bar? Poor flex traits due to the limited design means you need a really hooked up track to get the F104 to match the lap times of a hooked up F103. That's why Tamiya keeps redesigning the F104 t-plate. Link is just flat out hooked up and has a wider window for performing on various tracks.
^THIS

It also looks to be less expensive than the Yeah racing chassis as well

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 AM   #3336
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
^THIS

It also looks to be less expensive than the Yeah racing chassis as well
Rob, I believe the F1 series has just bcome very interesting BEAR DOWN!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #3337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
MikeR, have you tested this car at any carpet or asphalt races? what were the results? and also when will this chassis be available to buy? thanks.
The way I see it, link is working on all surfaces for 1:12 and 1:10 pan car so it will most likely also be the ticket for F1. I know CRC used to have an F1 car and would clean up at Cleveland all the time.

The only "unknown" is will rubber tires work well on a link F1 car?
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:52 PM   #3338
Tech Rookie

Default wow...what a resource.

thanks to everyone who contributes...

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Mike...the new exotek chassis set for 104 is AMAZING!

Scott
Savoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #3339
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy View Post

I just finished reading all 123 pages of this thread and my 104 pro kit will be in on Friday. Thanks for everyone who shared all their setup and tech info. Will post pics when complete.

I will be racing at the new FL indoor RC Complex here in the tampa area. 21.5, 2s, rubber. Opened last weekend with 10-12 car turnout for F1. Already has such an interest that there is talk of special weeknight F1 only races.

Scott

Scott, look forward to seeing you at the track dude. Can't wait to run with some different cars
Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 AM   #3340
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

With the upgrade option,can I ask the silly questions.

Will it allow stick pack lipo's and nimh batteries
will F60 body still fit ok.

I would really like to get this upgrade, but wanted to ensure electrics etc and the above queries pose any concerns.

Thanks
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 AM   #3341
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeR View Post

thx!

All are included. More pics coming detailing the parts package.

Mike, I know with your HPI setup your able to run the small 1800 micro lipo's, is that going to possible with this setup as well?
Old 09-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #3342
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

SUP suckah!!

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:57 AM   #3343
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
SUP suckah!!
good day sir
Old 09-29-2010, 02:46 PM   #3344
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Mike, I know with your HPI setup your able to run the small 1800 micro lipo's, is that going to possible with this setup as well?
True, It will eventually but that is down the road when I've had time to develop the tray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
With the upgrade option,can I ask the silly questions.

Will it allow stick pack lipo's and nimh batteries
will F60 body still fit ok.

I would really like to get this upgrade, but wanted to ensure electrics etc and the above queries pose any concerns.

Thanks
Yes sir- the battery area actually has more room than stock so more variety of batteries will fit including stick and nimh.
The F60 and pro body will fit- just need to trim a slot at the lower rear to clear the links. Hardly noticeable once done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoy View Post

Scott
Thanks Sir! You have done your homework and no doubt will have much success because of this

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr0311 View Post
All testing has been done on Asphalt. Right from the first battery It was remarkable the improvement over the stock chassis /soft t-plate. Very smooth rear end, less tire chatter, more cornerspeed and just hooked up. I'm testing with boosted ESC and the car has no problems keeping things under control

Quote:
Originally Posted by InZane View Post
Really nice chassis!

It's time for me to decide what to drive in the upcoming Swedish F1 winter series - your EXO104 is absolutely worth considering

I'd like to know how battery change is done (we are running 30min. Mains with a mandatory pit stop/battery change). Pics with the electronics mounted would also be very much appreciated.

Our first race is in the end of October - what is the release date of the conversion kit?
Thanks! More pics coming soon. Just like stock you would need to loosen 2 screws to move a front post out of the way. Ours is designed more to be simple yet very secure. Most guys I notice never remove their batteries to charge (maybe we all should for safety ) so for the average F1 racer it is no problem.
We should have preorders started either tonight or tomorrow and start shipping about Tuesday. Be sure to click on the 'notify me' link in the shop.

Thanks all for your support!

Mike

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #3345
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Mike,
What about carpet with rubber tires, any testing done with this combo?