R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #1786
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX View Post
Some of the folks around here are running 21.5 2s, the problem I see with this is that as speedo hardware and software improves it becomes unfair to run in the same class as silvercans, and where do you go for a slower BL than 21.5 ?
Novak now offers a 25.5 stator for their Ballistic series, and will soon be offering a complete SS25.5 motor. They developed it party for the oval guys, but more for the most redneck of all road course classes .......VTA!

BTW, your car is awesome! I wish my area had an open F1 class. Actually, I just wish my area had ANY F1's to race with.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #1787
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default F60 has arrived

Just got in the mail the F60 F104......to build or use for parts.....I'm not sure what to do.

Just need my paint to arrive to start on the body...can't wait

Have noticed that the front wing on the F60 is huge, it spans the entire front wheel's when compared to the front wing for the Pro. It's nearly an inch either side bigger. wonder what effect that might have up front.
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #1788
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Aussierevo- Pics! We demand pics!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #1789
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
not much to take pics of other then typical tamiya packaging.....I will no doubt just use this car as parts and race my F104pro.Will post pics of body when completed. I wish the sticker set came with the 'bar code's' for the rear wing and body.
Team ARGO RC - Like us on Facebook
aussierevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 AM   #1790
Tech Initiate

Whats the web site for to get f1 decals i am trying to find some but cant
pyrodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #1791
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 126 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodon View Post
Whats the web site for to get f1 decals i am trying to find some but cant

here you go http://www.d-drivesportsenglish.com/

the only ship on sundays. it took about 2 weeks to get the decals
skyline1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #1792
Tech Fanatic

mccrash59, thanks for the suggestions; however we have tried both those ideas before and with no success! If it's not NASCAR or dirt oval they will not try it and they treat us like dirt and make disparaging remarks about our class! During our heat races none of them wanted to corner marshall, and when they did they acted like they could care less.
We were always the last main of the evening and by the time our main event came up almost everyone else had left so most of the time we had almost no one to corner marshall for us!
So again, I envy you very much!!
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #1793
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
mccrash59, thanks for the suggestions; however we have tried both those ideas before and with no success! If it's not NASCAR or dirt oval they will not try it and they treat us like dirt and make disparaging remarks about our class! During our heat races none of them wanted to corner marshall, and when they did they acted like they could care less.
We were always the last main of the evening and by the time our main event came up almost everyone else had left so most of the time we had almost no one to corner marshall for us!
At our club, if you fail to marshal a heat you lose your FTD (TQ), and if you fail to marshal a final then you are removed from the results and lose all points from that meeting.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #1794
Tech Fanatic

NiMo, you are absolutely right! And that is the basic rule at our local track; however, those who did corner marshall did it because they were forced to by that very rule, so as result they did it very half-heartedly and instead of moving quickly to put a car back on track they would take their time doing it.

I know that you are going to say that the track owner should crack down on them because of it, but the problem is they outnumber us 8-1 or so and since they are the vast majority and most of his track money comes from them he is not inclined to tick them off and risk losing them, so he tends to look the other way. The next closest track is over 2 hours away and we just can't go that far to race.
So we are looking at doing a vintage Trans Am class instead that hopefully because it is an "American car" class and they do somewhat resemble NASCAR, hopefully they will "cut us a break" and treat us and our class a little better. Unfortunately F1 is just not going to happen where I race and my only option is to run my F1 car in the summer on a parking lot with my other 2 friends. Sad, because I am a lifelong F1 fan dating back to the early 1960's. It is by far my favorite form of auto racing! I just live in the wrong area.
Team Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:40 PM   #1795
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
redneck of all road course classes .......VTA!
Priceless
Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #1796
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to zpmhinojosa
Default F60

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
Just got in the mail the F60 F104......to build or use for parts.....I'm not sure what to do.

Just need my paint to arrive to start on the body...can't wait

Have noticed that the front wing on the F60 is huge, it spans the entire front wheel's when compared to the front wing for the Pro. It's nearly an inch either side bigger. wonder what effect that might have up front.
Dude, I got a f60 on order. My vision is all black w/sponcers. It's gonna look mean... Sorry Ferrari fans.
zpmhinojosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #1797
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
That's when you get some protection for your cars for out on your own track set-up!!! It don't take much but a smooth surface, broom, dry surface, and bam. Your own ish, point blank. Observe. .
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #1798
Tech Regular

Quote:
Yes, pics!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #1799
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussierevo View Post
not much to take pics of other then typical tamiya packaging.....I will no doubt just use this car as parts and race my F104pro.Will post pics of body when completed. I wish the sticker set came with the 'bar code's' for the rear wing and body.
That's too bad. I was hoping at least for maybe some fancy packaging. Post some pics of the F60 body when it's all done please.

My F104 should be here tomorrow. I'll probably have it ready to race for the weekend. I'm thinking of going with the chrome paint scheme that Tamiya uses on the website for the car. It is quite McLaren-ish, which is good and appropriate for the 08 season styling of the car. Plus I don't have to buy any decals that way. I might dig through my giant decal pile though and find something that might work well on the car though, so who knows how it could turn out.

Oh yeah, who else thinks that the F104 Pro video on the Tamiya site could have been stolen from a Gran Turismo game? lol. The music sounds just like a GT menu!

Last edited by WheelNut; 01-06-2010 at 09:36 PM.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:34 PM   #1800
Tech Regular

Quote:
That's too bad. I was hoping at least for maybe some fancy packaging. Post some pics of the F60 body when it's all done please.

My F104 should be here tomorrow. I'll probably have it ready to race for the weekend. I'm thinking of going with the chrome paint scheme that Tamiya uses on the website for the car. It is quite McLaren-ish, which is good and appropriate for the 08 season styling of the car. Plus I don't have to buy any decals that way. I might dig through my giant decal pile though and find something that might work well on the car though, so who knows how it could turn out.

Oh yeah, who else thinks that the F104 Pro video on the Tamiya site could have been stolen from a Gran Turismo game? lol. The music sounds just like a GT menu!

That's funny you mention GT, I just aquired my F1 on GT4 and found 15 races to enter. That'll keep me loose on the stixs this winter season...