R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #151
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 418
Default

Hy!

When i use the F104 Diff and Carbon rear shaft on a F103, is the rear then also narrower or does only the new F104 wheels affect the width of the car?

Greetings Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:23 AM   #152
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueman Austria View Post
Hy!

When i use the F104 Diff and Carbon rear shaft on a F103, is the rear then also narrower or does only the new F104 wheels affect the width of the car?

Greetings Blueman
If you are using the F104 wheel -> Yes, it will be be narrower
If using F103 wheel (don't need to have trust bearing inside the F103 wheel) -> same width as orginal F103
__________________
Franky
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #153
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
Thanks, einix, for the pictures!

Just one question: Is the F104 Rear Motor Mount unit the same as the F103 Rear Motor Mount?

Thanks in advance!
Alfie
They looks different, but i Just try to put on the F104 motor mount on a F103 and it fits.
Thanks for your idea.


however, the T plate are not interchangable
__________________
Franky
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 AM   #154
Tech Regular
 
Blueman Austria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by einix View Post
If you are using the F104 wheel -> Yes, it will be be narrower
If using F103 wheel (don't need to have trust bearing inside the F103 wheel) -> same width as orginal F103

THX! Great info! Thats i wanted to know!

Greetings Blueman
__________________
_______________________________________________________________________
TT01, F104, TRF415MSXXMRE07, TB Evo5 Exoten, TB Evo6, TRF417v7, TRF 418........
Blueman Austria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #155
Tech Fanatic
 
fat500's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Boca Raton, florida
Posts: 975
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

any updates? you canada guys are lucky to get yours now
how does it run? great pics
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic
 
mailboxck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Philippines
Posts: 835
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat500 View Post
any updates? you canada guys are lucky to get yours now
how does it run? great pics
I was wondering the same thing. Are there any updates einix?
mailboxck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM   #157
Tech Elite
 
Alfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,407
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Alfie
Default

It looks the same, yet it's a little different. For example; the 3 posts where the friction plate is mounted, is taller. Other than that, it just looked the same.

If it were the same, I have already got a plan for it.
Alfie


Quote:
Originally Posted by Arahawak View Post
Dun looked the same. Anyways, from the pictures the F104 comes diffused!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.C View Post
I haven't looked closely @ mine. But I don't think its the same thing.
__________________
F103KŠ • F104PRO • Universe • Spektrum • GTB • GTX • Trakpower • Orion

Retired Fleet: DDM • F103GT-R™ • F103LM TRF • F103LM • RC10L3 Team Touring • YR4M2 Type J PRO • YR4M • YR-F2 SP • Boomerang • Mountaineer • JPS • Clod • Bullhead • TLT-1 • Avante 2001 •
Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #158
Tech Elite
 
Alfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,407
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Alfie
Default

I'm not so excited over the rear T-bar, as I find it a part that will break in an accident. One thing I don't get is the Motor Pod Plate is made of plastic. or rather carbon reinforced plastic.

Is the motor mount taller than the F103's? Did they change the ride height to higher? Sorry that I have been asking so many questions, but these are potentially the changes I see when they changed the diameter of the tires and wheels.

Thanks in advance, and for the picture of the motor mount you'd posted.
Alfie


Quote:
Originally Posted by einix View Post
They looks different, but i Just try to put on the F104 motor mount on a F103 and it fits.
Thanks for your idea.


however, the T plate are not interchangable
__________________
F103KŠ • F104PRO • Universe • Spektrum • GTB • GTX • Trakpower • Orion

Retired Fleet: DDM • F103GT-R™ • F103LM TRF • F103LM • RC10L3 Team Touring • YR4M2 Type J PRO • YR4M • YR-F2 SP • Boomerang • Mountaineer • JPS • Clod • Bullhead • TLT-1 • Avante 2001 •
Alfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #159
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
It looks the same, yet it's a little different. For example; the 3 posts where the friction plate is mounted, is taller. Other than that, it just looked the same.

If it were the same, I have already got a plan for it.
Alfie
You may ignore the height difference if using standard setting.The F103 motor mount have a shorter post but it has a 3mm spacer under the friction plate. so the actual height are same as the F104 motor mount.

If you really wanna reduce the height of the friction plate to fine tune the car, there is still a solution. You may use the F103 C1 and using the F104 C2,C3 and C4 to build the motor mount
__________________
Franky
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #160
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie View Post
I'm not so excited over the rear T-bar, as I find it a part that will break in an accident. One thing I don't get is the Motor Pod Plate is made of plastic. or rather carbon reinforced plastic.

Is the motor mount taller than the F103's? Did they change the ride height to higher? Sorry that I have been asking so many questions, but these are potentially the changes I see when they changed the diameter of the tires and wheels.

Thanks in advance, and for the picture of the motor mount you'd posted.
Alfie
The ride height is same as the F103, it even use the same S parts from the F103 to adjust the 5 different ride height.
__________________
Franky
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #161
Tech Champion
 
Solara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,079
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Does anyone tried the F104 yet..? Compare to F103...better? or else..?
__________________
SPEED PASSION - King Golden, Speed Passion USA, Speed Power, Hirosaka Pro Products, East Coast Bodies, Awesomatix USA, Roche USA, Schumacher Racing, Hurricane Motorsports, Serpent America, Sweep Racing USA. http://www.spautomobile.com/en/index.asp (SPEED PASSION AUTOMOTIVE)
NEW Speed Power/Speed Passion direct sale site - http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #162
FMW
Tech Fanatic
 
FMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Laguna Niguel
Posts: 802
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

The F104's have arrived to Tamiya USA's wharehouse and will be shipping nationwide.
We at Tamiya America will be testing the new car at the TA circuit this weekend to see how it does against a F103. Should be fun

FM
FMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #163
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 35
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailboxck View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Are there any updates einix?
Sorry, i was busy to prepare for the TCS race last weekend, so didn't update here.

I did run the F104 on 1 of the qualify and here is the result (while it is an outdoor track, traction are different from time to time, so i will post the 2nd place driver who run F103R on all Qualify and main as a reference)
me:
Q1 27/5:01 -F103R
Q2 27/5:07 -F104Pro
Q3 29/5:07 -F103R TQ
main 29/5:02 -F103R A-Main 1st

reference:
Q1 28/5:08
Q2 28/5:03
Q3 28/5:00
main 29/5:09 A-Main 2nd

So i assume if I ran the F103R on the second Qualify, the result should be around 28/5:00 to 28/5:06, so currently F104 still a lap slower than the F103R on my hand and still need some work on setup.

I had talk to another driver who also drove a F104Pro
we both agreed on the following
- F104 are more stable at the in-field and easier to pass thru the traffic at the in-field. The reason is the rear is always stick to the ground, it won't spin out even you have a big movement on the steering or change the direction suddently.
- On the stright, it is a different story, it is too sensitive to our steering input, and the full throttle point before the stright are later than the F103R.
- And a funny thing we found on the F104 is, you can brake anywhere you want (an exteme example is full brake, full steering at the end of stright, the car won't spin out like F103)

And both of us think we could have a faster lap if we can true our tires, the F104 tire and wheel is sold out, so we can't try this yet.

i don't have much time to spend on the F104 last weekend, i guess if I put a harder spring at the front, I may able to get a faster lap too
__________________
Franky
einix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 PM   #164
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Just got done building my F104 PRO. Great build and cant wait to run it!
Just need to install electronics and paint the body.

I did add the "soft" T-bar and the blue aluminum rear motor mounts.
Attached Thumbnails
Tamiya F104 Pro!-img_0357.jpg  
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated • REEDY Powered
JConcepts • TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:14 PM   #165
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Oh Fred!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post
The F104's have arrived to Tamiya USA's wharehouse and will be shipping nationwide.
We at Tamiya America will be testing the new car at the TA circuit this weekend to see how it does against a F103. Should be fun

FM
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tekin RS ESC sensored Jeff Cuffs Electric On-Road 23359 10-02-2016 05:57 AM
Tamiya F104, HPI F10 and POPULARITY bxpitbull Electric On-Road 28 07-22-2011 07:13 AM
HPI F10 vs Tamiya F104 Pro daygoVR6 Electric On-Road 38 12-03-2010 02:19 PM
FS: Tamiya F103RM and F104 Pro! SerpentCT4S R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 42 09-12-2009 05:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (0 members and 3 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:55 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net