R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Upgrading from a TC5 (E4RS or JRXS-R or Mi3.5) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/289428-upgrading-tc5-e4rs-jrxs-r-mi3-5-a.html)

xman 04-12-2009 11:24 AM

Upgrading from a TC5 (E4RS or JRXS-R or Mi3.5)

There are threads on each of the above three cars that are hundreds of pages long. So I figured I would just ask pro's and cons for the Mi3, E4RS and JRXS-R. No flame wars please just let me know your thoughts between the 3 I'm considering.

I have a TC5 and it does not seem to perform as well as the aformentioned cars. I mainly run on tight technical asphalt tracks in the 17.5 class. I like the center battery layout of the E4RS and the Losi but the Mi3 has done well also. There is no local parts support for anything except the TC5 but I don't mind ordering spares online and stocking up. Also the ease of changing the gear set up in the Team Magic and Losi is simple also.

Thanks for the inputs.

yyhayyim 04-12-2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by xman (Post 5674000)
There are threads on each of the above three cars that are hundreds of pages long. So I figured I would just ask pro's and cons for the Mi3, E4RS and JRXS-R. No flame wars please just let me know your thoughts between the 3 I'm considering.

I have a TC5 and it does not seem to perform as well as the aformentioned cars. I mainly run on tight technical asphalt tracks in the 17.5 class. I like the center battery layout of the E4RS and the Losi but the Mi3 has done well also. There is no local parts support for anything except the TC5 but I don't mind ordering spares online and stocking up. Also the ease of changing the gear set up in the Team Magic and Losi is simple also.

Thanks for the inputs.

You want the best quality car, performance, and great service? Schumacher is the way to go...the Mi3 is built with the best materials, and you get great support from Schumacher USA, and on rctech, and is a great performer as well.

Cpt.America 04-12-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by xman (Post 5674000)
I have a TC5 and it does not seem to perform as well as the aformentioned cars.

It's not the car.

BlackedOutREVO 04-12-2009 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 5674144)
You want the best quality car, performance, and great service? Schumacher is the way to go...the Mi3 is built with the best materials, and you get great support from Schumacher USA, and on rctech, and is a great performer as well.

Yup! All though this close, id wait for the MI4 to come:D

Originally Posted by Cpt.America (Post 5674274)
It's not the car.

And yup. As much as I dislike AE, there are some fast azz guys around here with them!

wyd 04-12-2009 01:23 PM

It's not the car.

Its is more than likely he just didn't a setup that works for him. I did run the MI3 and will say it is a nice overall car. Very adjustable and maybe too many adjustments for some. Sometimes the more simple a car is the easier it is to setup for you.

beta bob 04-12-2009 01:24 PM

It's not the car.

Yea he is right and your not upgrading your switching up cars because the TC5 is a great car and can compete with any other top level car it just depends on your driving style and the amount of skill you have. Also not to knock on the E4 but a guy at my track who is one of our top drivers had one and we only run 13.5 brushless and he was always a lap or two down from the T2'008's that race at my track and thats not saying because xrays are the best its just because that is the car to have at our track

IIGQ4U 04-12-2009 02:54 PM

Perhaps he would not be upgrading in terms of performance ability. He would definitely be upgrading in terms of parts fitment.

snoopyrc 04-12-2009 03:09 PM

All of that being said. If there is local parts support for the TC5 and you already have one, I think a better investment would be a xxxmain TC setup guide. Or even though you dont have an X-ray, I have heard that they have a guide that teaches you a lot about set up.

tim fry 04-12-2009 03:17 PM

As much as I hate to say it but a fresh car can make you go faster. I think its more in the mind but it sort of reignites your drive so you tend to go faster.

snoopyrc 04-12-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by tim fry (Post 5674616)
As much as I hate to say it but a fresh car can make you go faster. I think its more in the mind but it sort of reignites your drive so you tend to go faster.

In that case how much do you want for the TC5?

rack 04-12-2009 05:13 PM

the two best cars are the xray t2 008/009 and the hot body cyclone

rezenclowd3 04-12-2009 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by rack (Post 5675080)

All a matter of opinion of course:lol:

beta bob 04-12-2009 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by rack (Post 5675080)

That's technically 3 cars:p

xman 04-12-2009 05:43 PM

I will admit i'm not the best at setting up my car. But by the 3rd heat I had it dialed pretty well I thought. The other cars seem to just roll more freely with their drivetrains and turn better. Maybe I just want to blame it one something but my driving ability. However my other TC5 did well in the VTA. Having had the TC5 for a year and travelling to different tracks to race I have started to see that TC5's are not in the top 3 in the 17.5 class. Maybe it has been the weekends I have raced but that has been my observation. So I figured why not try a new ride as I have been an AE guy for years.

dcuz383 04-12-2009 06:31 PM

My opinion.

Are you kidding? Not a single word about JRX-S or Corally! Haters!:cool:

In the handful of races that I have been to in the last two months have all ended with the Corally or JRX-S on top. There's really only one guy running the Losi but he is always in the top. I have both and like both for different reasons.