R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xman View Post
There are threads on each of the above three cars that are hundreds of pages long. So I figured I would just ask pro's and cons for the Mi3, E4RS and JRXS-R. No flame wars please just let me know your thoughts between the 3 I'm considering.

I have a TC5 and it does not seem to perform as well as the aformentioned cars. I mainly run on tight technical asphalt tracks in the 17.5 class. I like the center battery layout of the E4RS and the Losi but the Mi3 has done well also. There is no local parts support for anything except the TC5 but I don't mind ordering spares online and stocking up. Also the ease of changing the gear set up in the Team Magic and Losi is simple also.

Thanks for the inputs.
None of the cars you posted are upgrades from the TC5 in my opinion. The TC5 is a good car, especially for club racing. The parts support and price are the best around.

The E4RS has very little support and has major durability issues. The JRXS-R is an old end of life car. The Schumacher 3.5 is an end of life car as well.

If you plan to run rubber tire then why not look at the best rubber tire cars on the market? The Hotbodies TC and the Tamiya 416we are getting it done for rubber tire racing throughout the world. The Hotbodies is easier to get parts for here in the US, but the Tamiya design has some advantages.

There is some hype for the MI4 but like the past cars there are some serious durability issues with the Schumacher line. I think it looks like a cool car, but until they fix the arms and the arm mounts then you better have a great stock of parts.
Xray | Hudy | Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | Protoform | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to xtrememadness

Originally Posted by xman View Post
I will admit i'm not the best at setting up my car. But by the 3rd heat I had it dialed pretty well I thought. The other cars seem to just roll more freely with their drivetrains and turn better. Maybe I just want to blame it one something but my driving ability. However my other TC5 did well in the VTA. Having had the TC5 for a year and travelling to different tracks to race I have started to see that TC5's are not in the top 3 in the 17.5 class. Maybe it has been the weekends I have raced but that has been my observation. So I figured why not try a new ride as I have been an AE guy for years.
i have run mt tc5 for 2 years and stick it in the a main every week with the fast guys. its a very capable car but also a dissapointing car as well. rear hubs are off 1 degree from side to side, im waiting for my 2nd defective chassis to come back cause it was drilled wrong, and dont get me started on the shocks i got rid of my 415 mre cause it was sometimes hard to get parts but the car was perfect. i would reccommend a trf 416we. that car looks like a museum piece
xtrememadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #18
Default Upgrading from a TC5 (E4RS or JRXS-R or Mi3.5)

As much as I hate to say it but a fresh car can make you go faster. I think its more in the mind but it sort of reignites your drive so you tend to go faster.
begintravel55 is offline   Reply With Quote