Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE TC4 will be released next year!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wonder how many extra TC3s have been put on Ebay in the last 2 days in anticipation of the TC4

Eventually there will be a replacement for the TC3 but like all AE cars/trucks it must be perfected like a fine wine

I can't remember AE ever making a dud
Old 12-09-2003, 12:07 AM
Tech Adept

The only thing I have seen that might indicate a TC4 in development is a couple of TC3's wearing TC3 nitro suspension.

Both cars had the batteries very close to the prop shaft and looked to be handling very well.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:26 AM
Tech Adept

Eventually there will be a replacement for the TC3 but like all AE cars/trucks it must be perfected like a fine wine I can't remember AE ever making a dud
The Monster GT? No offense but those cheesy little fake resevoirs are not very AE like, and that truck as a whole I am not too impressed with. It's big, no question about that, but personally I am not 100% impressed with it.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:40 AM
Tech Adept

The MGT is just a Thunder Tiger monster truck with AE box.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:43 AM
Tech Regular

The Monster GT? No offense but those cheesy little fake resevoirs are not very AE like, and that truck as a whole I am not too impressed with. It's big, no question about that, but personally I am not 100% impressed with it.
I meant race cars/trucks.... isn't that what they are good at making?

Think I better do some research on the monster GT, don't know too much about it. (not into monster trucks)
Old 12-09-2003, 02:54 AM
Tech Adept

I meant race cars/trucks.... isn't that what they are good at making?
I am not INTO monster trucks either. I just had the opportunity to check one out and drive it and ah... well, let's just say it's not as impressive as I'd expect an AE truck to be.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Guys....it's a monster truck...meant to be big, fast and jump well...which, from what I understand, it does quite well.

It will not outperform the1/8 buggies or conversions and won't be the most 'raceable' of monstertrucks, since they decided to make something that was more versatile...

The Monster GT looks just fine..has some impressive innovations and for those that ahve run monster trucks and see the typical areas for upgrade or areas of weakness...it seems AE or TT if you insist have paid attention to those and adressed many of them..

The reservoirs ARE cheesy....but the CVD's (even if not MIP), the starting system (pull, drill and possibly hand wheel??) and the 1 piece extruded aluminum main chassis rail are all worth noting.

now....enough about the BFT.....is anyone getting a TC4 for Christmas??
Old 12-09-2003, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Well said Windsorguy99

This thread is about a possible new TC4 - How did the MGT/TT manage to get in here.

Touring chassis and monster trucks are like chalk and cheese.

Who has more details on the TC4 ?
Old 12-09-2003, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default TC4

TC4 will still be shaft driven / will have stealth diffs for the front and rear / so the shaft will be raised / to accomodate the batteries underneath the shaft / the chassis wil still be made of carbon graphite plastic stuff but stiffer / it will be lighter ans streamlined since the battery is centered and the shaft above it

anyways. . . . it would be nice to have a shaft driven car with the batteries in the center and the shaft above it or slightly off centered. . . . hmmmmmm
Old 12-09-2003, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Yes CraigH....thank you. IF I value my job, I would not speak of such things as a TC4 or B5 or MGT2 or RC12LO2.733RS.

It is, however, fun reading all this stuff!!!!

Everyone has to remember...there will always be progress in every class of racing, whether it's Nitro TC, offroad buggy, 1/8 scale, etc. There will always be a newer, better version of everyone's car. It's just a matter of when. We have some cool projects brewing...

Now, back to the TC4 discussion....this thread is like a train wreck....I can't look away!!!! heh heh
Old 12-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank You Tony!!!

All Aboard.... The TC4 Train To Costa Mesa Leaves Shortly

Can we put this to bed Now???

Mike
Old 12-09-2003, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Tony we know you value your job. And take it very seriously. But the rest of us would love to see what you all have got brewing in the R&D shop. All the top secret stuff.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: TC4

Originally posted by lem2
TC4 will still be shaft driven / will have stealth diffs for the front and rear / so the shaft will be raised / to accomodate the batteries underneath the shaft / the chassis wil still be made of carbon graphite plastic stuff but stiffer / it will be lighter ans streamlined since the battery is centered and the shaft above it

anyways. . . . it would be nice to have a shaft driven car with the batteries in the center and the shaft above it or slightly off centered. . . . hmmmmmm
shaft driven Pro3
Old 12-09-2003, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default CODE NAME ?

What was the CODE NAME of TC3 during & before public release?

>>>>>>> "PROJECT..................."<<<<<<<<<

(hint).......it's close to something like"alien.....in the nevada desert)

Now..for all of you guys thats been around factory team drivers.....ever heard of some coded words being spoken around ?

Old 12-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What about a RC10GT2: a shaft driven off road truck ? Just a thought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.