R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   hpi e10 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/288277-hpi-e10.html)

mark.t 04-07-2009 05:59 PM

hpi e10

:spidey:hey guys i have seen a hpi e10 at my lhs for 80 buck. and i was wondering if it is any good for just back yard drifting and maybe a little club race.
are the electronics any good?
are they relible?
any info on this would be great
thanks
mark.t:batman:

CarlosG. 04-07-2009 08:05 PM

When I was working at my lhs, we sold a few of them. However the car is good for drifting and backyard bashing, but not good for club racing. The electronics are good. You are limited on setups for the car. You would be better of getting a tc4, Cyclone S or something similar for racing pruposes. the E10 is limited to only the HPI gear for the pinions. They are of a different pitch, something like 0.8m pitch. But if you on a budget, then it can do the job for some fun. I wuld just save up and get a better car.

airwoods 04-07-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by mark.t (Post 5654541)
:spidey:hey guys i have seen a hpi e10 at my lhs for 80 buck. and i was wondering if it is any good for just back yard drifting and maybe a little club race.
are they relible?
thanks

This car stinks for racing but decent for drifting,bought one for my nephew last christmas and the plasting shaft drive had way to much a flex and bowed under hard acceleration.

DARKSIDE 04-07-2009 09:49 PM

you are better of getting a rtr tc4 or used tc3...I have two e10's and they are in the box..tried to get my kids to use them for our Jr TA class and it was a mess...bought 2 TC3's for around $50 bucks and they have ran them every since...but if you want a couple of them I will sale them to ya cheap...:batman:

BIG JIM WOODMAN 04-08-2009 10:45 AM

e10

It's going to be hard to get parts at the counter of your LHS. They can special order and wait for your parts or.... you can by a Tc3-4-5 that they will have parts for. there is nothing worse that to have to sit out the rest of an event when you can't get a part. m2c

airwoods 04-08-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE (Post 5655715)
you are better of getting a rtr tc4 or used tc3...I have two e10's and they are in the box..tried to get my kids to use them for our Jr TA class and it was a mess...bought 2 TC3's for around $50 bucks and they have ran them every since...but if you want a couple of them I will sale them to ya cheap...:batman:

I may be interested.I'm thinking of buying a cheap shaft drive basher for my nephew to race with.How cheap we talking with electrics.There's a batman out here in vegas i compete with in 18r.

joe of loath 04-08-2009 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by airwoods (Post 5657834)
I may be interested.I'm thinking of buying a cheap shaft drive basher for my nephew to race with.How cheap we talking with electrics.There's a batman out here in vegas i compete with in 18r.

the electronics are pretty nice for the standard of car actually. silver can motor, Basic (reliable) servo, rebranded futaba rx and a rather nice 21t limit ESC. I'm still using all the electronics from mine in my TA05 (minus the motor, I swapped it out for a stock motor).

the pinions are tamiya pitch. 0.6 module.

milton6599 04-08-2009 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by mark.t (Post 5654541)
are they relible?
thanks

Why don't you look at a HPI Sprint 2 Sport????

snoopyrc 04-08-2009 07:39 PM

Just MHO but the cheapest thing that you can get new thats still kind of worthy of competition is the Cyclone S. Theres lots of stuff on the used market.