Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default The Speed Passion Thread

Where is the speed passion thread ?
Did something happened and someone deleted it?

Last edited by charlie_b; 05-12-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Tech Initiate

It seems to have disappeared, even when using the search function and keywords like "Shawn Palmer" to retrieve it....
That's too bad, that thread was the very reason why i chose my LPF over another, higher profile brand - due to the wealth of information it contained.
Hope it comes back soon
Old 04-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

STRacer
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 0

Default Re: Advertising on the site
Hi Shawn,
The post has already been pulled. It was the post announcing your company as well as new products.

Here is a link stating rules about posting in that section of the site: http://www.rctech.net/forum/team-com...sing-here.html

As you can see both posting your company product announcements and solicitations of your business are not allowed. We encourage feedback and answering questions about products, that's what the forum is designed for. However clients who are paying hundreds of dollars a month to have the priveleges to sell their products directly to the community are the only available areas where you may sell or announce products directly. We will be cracking down on these types of posts and you are welcome to review the terms I have provided. If you have any future questions and do not wish to participate in a vendor forum please direct them to the moderators on the site about what is appropriate and what is not. I hope this has helped answer your questions.

Thank you,

Stefanie

Sorry guys, As Stephanie says above, she deemed me in violation of site rules.

Instead of removing the posts or parts of posts in violation, they chose to pull the entire thing.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

That Sux. I hope they saved the threads because a lot info was in those threads.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Man that really does suck, that's an entire knowledge base that's been wiped out. So where to from here ? Will the Schumacher guys start a new thread ?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

I am in the process of finding out exactly and in detail where I was deemed in violation, so as not to repeat those things.

Also - the rules quoted to me were specific to the "team and company discussions" forum, not the main boards, and posted by the previous private owner (the board is corporate owned now).

When I've been told exactly what the rules are, I'll restart an answers thread.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This is reeeeaaaalllll shady...a week ago an LRP rep comes in the SP thread complaining about Shawn's posts saying the new SP product outperforms the new LRP product, and now the entire thread gets pulled because of product promotion and solicitation. If they are indeed "cracking down on these types of posts" then a LOT of threads are about to dissappear: every Protoform body announcement thread (goes for Parma, McA, and everyone else), BMI's DB-series announcement threads, and....well every product announcement thread on here started by a company rep. If those threads AREN'T pulled, and I don't really expect them to be, the real reason for the SP thread's dissappearance will be glaringly obvious....

-rocky b
Old 04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

We'll see what happens

Originally Posted by flatspunout
This is reeeeaaaalllll shady...a week ago an LRP rep comes in the SP thread complaining about Shawn's posts saying the new SP product outperforms the new LRP product, and now the entire thread gets pulled because of product promotion and solicitation. If they are indeed "cracking down on these types of posts" then a LOT of threads are about to dissappear: every Protoform body announcement thread (goes for Parma, McA, and everyone else), BMI's DB-series announcement threads, and....well every product announcement thread on here started by a company rep. If those threads AREN'T pulled, and I don't really expect them to be, the real reason for the SP thread's dissappearance will be glaringly obvious....

-rocky b
Old 04-07-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Based on the new signature rules, etc looks like they censor companies that don't advertise with them.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

That sucks !!!

A large part of the threads here are in some way or other promoting a product and support for them.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It would be my opinion that if someone has a question about a Speedpassion product they are free to ask.

such as,

hey adam,

quick question, just installed the Speedpassion 2.0 ESC in the Mi3 and taking into consideration the dropping of around 5 teeth, i changed from a 22/87 to a 18/89 using a 6.5 Speedpassion motor, does this sound about right?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the GT1.1 has hybrid mode? I race 10.5 and think I need a speedo that can advance timing as rpm increases.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

This new thread works for me, lets roll

just go up and jot down their shop # and email info.........

Mark
Old 04-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As the rest said maybe we can start a new thread so

i have the speed passion gt2 pro with the ver 2 motor ( 4t ) .
Because i am new to this spedo what timing should i put?
The 15% is the middle ? because i tried with 0% and in the straights the car was going very slow.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:02 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I would start at 20T Skypilot, of course double checking temps
Originally Posted by skypilot
It would be my opinion that if someone has a question about a Speedpassion product they are free to ask.

such as,

hey adam,

quick question, just installed the Speedpassion 2.0 ESC in the Mi3 and taking into consideration the dropping of around 5 teeth, i changed from a 22/87 to a 18/89 using a 6.5 Speedpassion motor, does this sound about right?

I would start around 15 degrees, when I try a new motor (different turn than I usually run) I either start at zero, or 15 degrees, 9 times out of 10 I'll be better off running the 15 degrees and switching up from there, it's just a good general start point for the hotter motors.
Originally Posted by memix
As the rest said maybe we can start a new thread so

i have the speed passion gt2 pro with the ver 2 motor ( 4t ) .
Because i am new to this spedo what timing should i put?
The 15% is the middle ? because i tried with 0% and in the straights the car was going very slow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.