Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

are you able to load up differant software on the 1 control unit example mod 0 205 mod made 1 323 stock ?
Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kevin K
What type of motor?
What are your settings for #'s 2,5,6 & 7?

If you have everything at 100% then you should be able to lock up the tires and have way too much brakes.

Also when changing to a new software just make sure to reset your radio to the ESC if you are not doing this already.
thanks for the reply, I tried 2 motors, teamwave and tekin redline, both 10.5.

2 = 0
5 = 100%
6 = 100%
7 = drag force

I tried with different brake force and put drag brake on but it didnt make any difference to the force applied to initial braking. I also set tx end points to 100% then set up speedo and put end points to 105%. interestingly another racer at the same event who lives 200 miles away is having the same issue but he was running a much higher fdr (7.8 i think). both of us have great brakes when we go back to 528.

its a weird one but by the sounds of it we must be doing something wrong with the set up but cant figure out what!
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
are you able to load up differant software on the 1 control unit example mod 0 205 mod made 1 323 stock ?
Nope, how nice would that be though!
Old 08-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Hi I am hoping I can get a few things clarified so that I can fully understand my GT2

I am currently running 323 and just want to get my head around the software

So please forgive me for being a dumb arse!

Boost Timing - Is the amount of timing applied once you hit your input Boost Start RPM?

Turbo Slope Rate - Is the rate at which the turbo timing is applied, the lower the number the softer the turbo will increase?

Turbo Timing - Is the amount of Turbo that will be applied once you have reached full throttle for the amount of time set in the Turbo delay setting?

Boost Start RPM - Is the point at which Boost Timing will start to apply?

Turbo Delay - Is the amount of time you have to hold full throttle for before any Turbo Timing is applied?

Boost Timing Acceleration - Is the rate at which Boost Timing will be applied up until the Turbo Timing starts to take effect?

A few questions that I would like answered please

1.) If I don't want to have any turbo do I run as much Boost Timing as required for the car to keep accelerating until the end of the straight?
2.) Do I adjust the Boost Timing Acceleration to change the rate of acceleration down the straight
3.) I am assuming the lower the number the faster the acceleration and the hotter the motor?
4.) If I set Turbo Timing to 0 will the Turbo Slope Rate & Turbo Delay be disabled?

Thanks in advance for any help

Can anyone help??
Old 08-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by defcone
Nope, how nice would that be though!
yep trhat would some what handy..

i have just purchaced a small lap top just for the track my wife thinks im nuts

oh if she would only understand
Old 08-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

after testing and maybe remotley understanding all the things you can do with the speed controllers now days i have found for my self that the 119 mod is the best for me speed temps and i was surprised how much less battery power was used between the 2 i am using 600ma less with the 119mod over the 205 mod.

still cant get it with the 323 software

im running a 5.5 lrp octa wind with a 12mm sintered rotor i actually really like the combo great power friggen fast..

i will have to play around with my speed passion 3.5 i love this motor but struggling to find a happy medium with it
Old 08-13-2011, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
g12314/Solara, I have a GT Pro 2 (323) and SP v3 with +20 board. Any ESC setting and FDR suggestion for 17.5 boosted on a 80x40' carpet semi-technical track?

Thanks
SAN,

As Kevin mention, we have not been running on the carpet tracks around here so small track setups are not fully developed yet. A few weeks back, we ran our outdoor series on the smallest of the tracks. It was a HOT day, so I tried a setup that used mostly Boost timing and very little Turbo. This kept the motor temps down (195F, I was trying an LRP X12) and also made the car very easy to drive. You can try these settings and compare to the D3 setup Kevin already mentioned.

Gearing: Somewhere in the range of 7.5 to 7.8 FDR
Motor Timing: 20 degrees (by +20, I assume 11-20 degree adjustment)
#4 DRRS mode: Level 8 or Level 9 depending on motor temp / track feel
#9 Boost Timing: 50
#10 Turbo Slope Rate: 3/0.1s
#12 Turbo timing: 6
#13 Boost Start RPM: 3000
#14 Turbo Delay 0.1s
#15 Boost timing Acc. 350

As with any new setup, always check motor temps every minute or so. Let us know if either works out.

Jimmy
Old 08-13-2011, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topher2009
thanks for the reply, I tried 2 motors, teamwave and tekin redline, both 10.5.

2 = 0
5 = 100%
6 = 100%
7 = drag force

I tried with different brake force and put drag brake on but it didnt make any difference to the force applied to initial braking. I also set tx end points to 100% then set up speedo and put end points to 105%. interestingly another racer at the same event who lives 200 miles away is having the same issue but he was running a much higher fdr (7.8 i think). both of us have great brakes when we go back to 528.

its a weird one but by the sounds of it we must be doing something wrong with the set up but cant figure out what!
Wow...Im not sure what the issue is then. Try setting your brake end point to 95% or less so you will have more brake applied sooner in the trigger movement. Also make sure you do not have any expo or curve on the throttle side of your radio as well.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 008-Racer
Hi I am hoping I can get a few things clarified so that I can fully understand my GT2

I am currently running 323 and just want to get my head around the software

So please forgive me for being a dumb arse!

Boost Timing - Is the amount of timing applied once you hit your input Boost Start RPM?

Turbo Slope Rate - Is the rate at which the turbo timing is applied, the lower the number the softer the turbo will increase?

Turbo Timing - Is the amount of Turbo that will be applied once you have reached full throttle for the amount of time set in the Turbo delay setting?

Boost Start RPM - Is the point at which Boost Timing will start to apply?

Turbo Delay - Is the amount of time you have to hold full throttle for before any Turbo Timing is applied?

Boost Timing Acceleration - Is the rate at which Boost Timing will be applied up until the Turbo Timing starts to take effect?

A few questions that I would like answered please

1.) If I don't want to have any turbo do I run as much Boost Timing as required for the car to keep accelerating until the end of the straight?
2.) Do I adjust the Boost Timing Acceleration to change the rate of acceleration down the straight
3.) I am assuming the lower the number the faster the acceleration and the hotter the motor?
4.) If I set Turbo Timing to 0 will the Turbo Slope Rate & Turbo Delay be disabled?

Thanks in advance for any help
1......Yes just remember you only have a total of 64deg to use.

2......in short yes. The lower the RPM number you use on #15 the sooner you will apply all of your boost timing #9. I have made an excel spread sheet that allows you to play with the numbers and it will show you what your end RPM would be....this would be the point that Turbo timing would be applied if you are using it. It might help you to see just whats going on by looking at it on the spread sheet.

3.....yes from what we have seen this really effects the motor temp.

4.....as best I can tell Yes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
SP RPM calc 2.zip (6.4 KB, 94 views)
Old 08-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you so much

Originally Posted by Kevin K
1......Yes just remember you only have a total of 64deg to use.

2......in short yes. The lower the RPM number you use on #15 the sooner you will apply all of your boost timing #9. I have made an excel spread sheet that allows you to play with the numbers and it will show you what your end RPM would be....this would be the point that Turbo timing would be applied if you are using it. It might help you to see just whats going on by looking at it on the spread sheet.

3.....yes from what we have seen this really effects the motor temp.

4.....as best I can tell Yes.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by topher2009
Evening all, hoping someone will have come across this one!

Using the 323 Speed passion firmware which is great on short twisty tracks but today was my first day testing on a larger track (stonehaven).

On the infield I find the brakes great but at the end of the straight i put on the brakes and they are weak...weak...weak then full mighty great brakes. It is really annoying as I have to brake much earlier than others (at least 15meters earlier!) and then when the brakes finally do kick in fully the wheels lock up!

So I loaded back in the 528 firmware and hey presto, all is fine again and the brakes kick in as soon as you touch them! It is almost as if in the 323 the brakes are dulled down when the motor speed is above a certain RPM but on the 528 they are not. Its a shame as I love the way the 323 firmware feels but I am 0.6s a lap quicker with 528, mainly becuase of the brakes!

Any help really appreciated!

FDR is 6.15 by the way

Regards

Chris
Just a quick update, there were 4 of us today having the same problem with the brakes but in the end we solved it bu setting the brake force to 100%, reverse force to 75%, then reducing the brake end points from 100% to 75% and the brakes are on the button again!

Looks like the common result is that 323 is about 0.5s a lap quicker than the 528 for the same motor temp and the same gearing (lap being 17.0 seconds average).
Old 08-13-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

So i got my MMM17.5, and wondered how I should setup the FDR and ESC. I am intending to run the max timing (20). The current setup for the old V3 worked very well. Question is, should I change my FDR (6.2) and boost settings to get the best out of this motor? Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Thanks Jimmy
Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

will the citrix speedy be okay to use a V3 motor on ? i would like to put my 17.5 v3 in if it can run it okay
Old 08-15-2011, 01:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I'm running a Citrix with a V3 21.5 with no probs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.