Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

g12314/Solara, I have a GT Pro 2 (323) and SP v3 with +20 board. Any ESC setting and FDR suggestion for 17.5 boosted on a 80x40' carpet semi-technical track?

Thanks
Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

running.

Speed passion 13.5MMM
Hobbywing xtreme stock with latest 211 software
fast flowing track with 18 meter straight
geared currently 7.96
speedo settings pretty much default apart from slightly higher drag brake.
Medium grip circuit with a Jenson button smooth driving style lol.

Not Had chance to run the motor on the circuit yet. Do these settings sound ok? Or is it a motor killer? Cheers.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hi I am hoping I can get a few things clarified so that I can fully understand my GT2

I am currently running 323 and just want to get my head around the software

So please forgive me for being a dumb arse!

Boost Timing - Is the amount of timing applied once you hit your input Boost Start RPM?

Turbo Slope Rate - Is the rate at which the turbo timing is applied, the lower the number the softer the turbo will increase?

Turbo Timing - Is the amount of Turbo that will be applied once you have reached full throttle for the amount of time set in the Turbo delay setting?

Boost Start RPM - Is the point at which Boost Timing will start to apply?

Turbo Delay - Is the amount of time you have to hold full throttle for before any Turbo Timing is applied?

Boost Timing Acceleration - Is the rate at which Boost Timing will be applied up until the Turbo Timing starts to take effect?

A few questions that I would like answered please

1.) If I don't want to have any turbo do I run as much Boost Timing as required for the car to keep accelerating until the end of the straight?
2.) Do I adjust the Boost Timing Acceleration to change the rate of acceleration down the straight
3.) I am assuming the lower the number the faster the acceleration and the hotter the motor?
4.) If I set Turbo Timing to 0 will the Turbo Slope Rate & Turbo Delay be disabled?

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 08-12-2011, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default 323 brakes at high RPM?

Evening all, hoping someone will have come across this one!

Using the 323 Speed passion firmware which is great on short twisty tracks but today was my first day testing on a larger track (stonehaven).

On the infield I find the brakes great but at the end of the straight i put on the brakes and they are weak...weak...weak then full mighty great brakes. It is really annoying as I have to brake much earlier than others (at least 15meters earlier!) and then when the brakes finally do kick in fully the wheels lock up!

So I loaded back in the 528 firmware and hey presto, all is fine again and the brakes kick in as soon as you touch them! It is almost as if in the 323 the brakes are dulled down when the motor speed is above a certain RPM but on the 528 they are not. Its a shame as I love the way the 323 firmware feels but I am 0.6s a lap quicker with 528, mainly becuase of the brakes!

Any help really appreciated!

FDR is 6.15 by the way

Regards

Chris

Last edited by topher2009; 08-12-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: added FDR
Old 08-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xray2011
Anybody else Had any quality issues with the MMM motors? The purple bit on My rotor is coming away and Where the sensor lead goes in the black plastic part is cracked slightly.
Are you locate in US? If so, please contact our US office...
Old 08-12-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CraigM
Amazingly all the gear runs cooler with the stock software. I ran my 4.0 the other day with no fan on the ESC and 323 stock software, motor was coming off the track at 60C. Then I went to a smaller track, loaded 205g_T and thermalled at 3 mins 30 seconds I added a fan and it was good after that
Yes...it is, 323stock is a very good software to run on MOD, if do it right...however, the previous software before 323 does NOT work that great with mod motor...thats why we are holding off for the boost software setting for mod motor until now.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by san.
g12314/Solara, I have a GT Pro 2 (323) and SP v3 with +20 board. Any ESC setting and FDR suggestion for 17.5 boosted on a 80x40' carpet semi-technical track?

Thanks
http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Old 08-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by topher2009

Using the 323 Speed passion firmware which is great on short twisty tracks but today was my first day testing on a larger track (stonehaven).

On the infield I find the brakes great but at the end of the straight i put on the brakes and they are weak...weak...weak then full mighty great brakes. It is really annoying as I have to brake much earlier than others (at least 15meters earlier!) and then when the brakes finally do kick in fully the wheels lock up!

So I loaded back in the 528 firmware and hey presto, all is fine again and the brakes kick in as soon as you touch them! It is almost as if in the 323 the brakes are dulled down when the motor speed is above a certain RPM but on the 528 they are not. Its a shame as I love the way the 323 firmware feels but I am 0.6s a lap quicker with 528, mainly becuase of the brakes!

FDR is 6.15 by the way

Regards

Chris
What are your brake setting on the 323stock is..? Honestly, I have yet to hear problem like that before...
Old 08-12-2011, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topher2009

FDR is 6.15 by the way

Regards

Chris
What type of motor?
What are your settings for #'s 2,5,6 & 7?

If you have everything at 100% then you should be able to lock up the tires and have way too much brakes.

Also when changing to a new software just make sure to reset your radio to the ESC if you are not doing this already.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by san.

Thanks
Originally Posted by Solara
Hi Solara, I am aware of the link. I actually check it a few times a month, but had no luck finding anything regarding the new option boards.

Thanks anyways.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

San...I would suggest going with one of the D3 setup sheets but turn down the boost and go to a 7.5FDR to start....or there about. Not too many places race boosted 17.5 on carpet anymore here in the US. After Vegas Im sure SP will have some more setups as its a class there. Until then you might be on your own with alittle trial and error you should be in the ballpark I would think.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Kevin, please don't take it the wrong way. My time has been very limited as of late and prior to my hiatus, I've been a weekend warrior. Wish I can test like most, but just doesn't work out that way for me. You, Bill S and Jimmy have helped me in the past, I was just hoping someone would've pointed me in the right direction with these new board.

It's all good.

Thank you much, Kevin.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

San...I understand....All the new board is going to do is increase the power out of the motor. So if you go with a setup sheet for say a D3 it will have "close" to the same amount of timing in it now if you are using a +20 board. I would start with Bill Sydors sheet from the Beat The Heat race as his motor had more timing in it then mine. The only change I would make for carpet would be to gear down go to say 7.5 or higher FDR and maybe lower the start point RPM 1K from his setting and lower the #12 Turbo timing down to say 10 or lower as well. If I was racing with a V3 and a +20 board this would be where I would start and play with it from there. Again like always check your temp after a couple minutes.

I hope this helps you out.

Once our Asphalt series is over here in 2 weeks I will be back on carpet and I will try a couple days with boost to see what I can come up with and let you know.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Perfect. I will give it a try this weekend.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.