Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by littlealex
whats difference of sp gt v2.0 and v2.1? do they have same performance? whats lowest turn of motor for both ecs?
All the details are in this: http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi...pt14th2010.pdf
Old 07-27-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Question about the V3 '1 cell' 13.5 motor. Would it be ideal to run this motor in a non-boosted 1/12th scale class? Or would it make more sense to go with another motor that allows for more advanced timing?

I picked up the GT 2.1ex and wanted to see if anybody else runs this esc/motor combo in 13.5 non-boost.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone tried using an LRP x12 or Murf Dogg motor with a Speed Passion GT 2.1 Prostock with latest timing software?

I borrowed a motor from a friend last night, soldered it up in the TC, revved it up on the bench and all was fine. Ramped up with timing as expected. Placed it on the track, pulled the trigger, the car jerked a second, moved forward at 1/4 speed when using full throttle. The ESC started flashing a green light. From the troubleshooting guide it says the sensors are not being read. If you turn off\on the ESC it revves up again when holding the car as expected. Put it on the track same thing starts moving forward but with no timing and the green light is flashing again.

This motor works perfectly fine, the sensor wire is fine (works a Ballistic without a problem).

This exact same scenario happened with a 17.5 Murf Dogg motor.

Any Ideas? I'm posting this same message on the LRP x12 thread.

Thanks,
Brent
Old 07-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
Has anyone tried using an LRP x12 or Murf Dogg motor with a Speed Passion GT 2.1 Prostock with latest timing software?

I borrowed a motor from a friend last night, soldered it up in the TC, revved it up on the bench and all was fine. Ramped up with timing as expected. Placed it on the track, pulled the trigger, the car jerked a second, moved forward at 1/4 speed when using full throttle. The ESC started flashing a green light. From the troubleshooting guide it says the sensors are not being read. If you turn off\on the ESC it revves up again when holding the car as expected. Put it on the track same thing starts moving forward but with no timing and the green light is flashing again.

This motor works perfectly fine, the sensor wire is fine (works a Ballistic without a problem).

Thanks,
Brent
I'll be giving this combo a try over the weekend using a 17.5 X12.

One question, what amount of timing did you have set in the X12? For boosted applications you should be running the 4dot insert for the least amount of mechanical timing. If you were running full motor advance + additional boost / turbo timing you may be having issues due to this.

Jimmy
Old 07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks,
Brent
yea, i had a perfectly good sensor wire too, but when i changed it out with a new one, my car ran fine. one thing i have found out over time, just cause it works over, doesn't mean its gonna work over there. what I haven't figure out is why.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g12314
I'll be giving this combo a try over the weekend using a 17.5 X12.

One question, what amount of timing did you have set in the X12? For boosted applications you should be running the 4dot insert for the least amount of mechanical timing. If you were running full motor advance + additional boost / turbo timing you may be having issues due to this.

Jimmy
The 4 dot insert was being used. I had boost at 50 and turbo at 12 at first. Turned turbo off and boost to 20. It ran for a about 2 sec and then switched to no sensor mode again.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The 4 dot insert was being used. I had boost at 50 and turbo at 12 at first. Turned turbo off and boost to 20. It ran for a about 2 sec and then switched to no sensor mode again.
To define this problem, can you try your Ballistic motor or any Speed Passion motor and see this problem occur again..? If you have tried other brand motor and different motor and the problem still occur. It is the sensor socket of the ESC problem...I have seen couple of those happened from the past...

How old is the ESC...? If it is still under the 90 days from purchase, we will replace your a new one no charge....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i had same problem but it was motor end sensor lead pins not all the way in
Old 07-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Craig W
i had same problem but it was motor end sensor lead pins not all the way in
It is a very hard to detect problem...we all know it is the sensor problem, we just need to know where...the motor hall sensor? The sensor wire? Or the ESC sensor socket...everyone is running BOOST with SC software now, and even on off road..........that made it even harder on the sensor component.

I just want ppl to ID the problem at the specific location and try to solve the problem accordingly.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
To define this problem, can you try your Ballistic motor or any Speed Passion motor and see this problem occur again..? If you have tried other brand motor and different motor and the problem still occur. It is the sensor socket of the ESC problem...I have seen couple of those happened from the past...

How old is the ESC...? If it is still under the 90 days from purchase, we will replace your a new one no charge....
I bought it about 45 days ago brand new from Speed Passion. I've used it with 4 motors so far, Ballistic (since i bought it), old Novak SS (ran 3 times), Murf, & X12. Both the Novak motors work fine. The Murf motor is suspect of having a bad sensor board which i believe may be the issue.

I'm just surprised it works fine at the bench and then a little load is put on the motor and it fails, very odd. Wish I had some test equioment to look at the voltage levels on the sensor wires to see what's happening.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

I bought it about 45 days ago brand new from Speed Passion. I've used it with 4 motors so far, Ballistic (since i bought it), old Novak SS (ran 3 times), Murf, & X12. Both the Novak motors work fine. The Murf motor is suspect of having a bad sensor board which i believe may be the issue.

I'm just surprised it works fine at the bench and then a little load is put on the motor and it fails, very odd. Wish I had some test equioment to look at the voltage levels on the sensor wires to see what's happening.

That is exactly what I encountered before with other customer........they all works fine when bench testing, with no load...but once it is on the track, only take 2 turns and went to sensorless mode.

Both of the cases were the problelm of the motor sensor. If both of your NOVAK motor can ran without problem with the same ESC, it is the sensor on your X12 motor.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yep thats what they do, at the pit table, no problems, set it down on the track go anywhere from 10 feet to 2 laps and it dies.

some of what happens is the female socket will opened up when pulling it loose or attaching it to the motor, look inside and see how tiny that stuff is, doesn't take much, heck I've seen new wires not work right out of the package untill you squezze the end a little bit. possible that the novak has large male pins then the lrp and muffdog.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Solara
That is exactly what I encountered before with other customer........they all works fine when bench testing, with no load...but once it is on the track, only take 2 turns and went to sensorless mode.

Both of the cases were the problelm of the motor sensor. If both of your NOVAK motor can ran without problem with the same ESC, it is the sensor on your X12 motor.
i too have the sam problem / x12 6.5 t w/ other esc like viper, mamba max pro and tekin. it is thw motor sensor. mine was brand new with 2 runs. i thought it was my speedo but all have the same problem. oncw u put lpad on the motor, it feels lime u r in sensorleas mode. btw, stop using that motor asap. i burnt my gt 2.0 by ignoring it. not good
Old 07-29-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sloara

thanks for your 4t set up you sent me the other day it works a treat.
and has bucket loads of speed and power.

i have not got a fan running on the motor as yet would you think this would be a good idea to do so
Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
Sloara

thanks for your 4t set up you sent me the other day it works a treat.
and has bucket loads of speed and power.

i have not got a fan running on the motor as yet would you think this would be a good idea to do so
Care to share?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.