Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Set reverse force to full, and you will have lockup brake power.
No idea why a reverse setting should have that effect, but its true.
hi thanks for your input , mine was set to 100% reverse force , and like reuben / geubes had very limited brakes ..
Old 10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Solara
THANKS....I was totally forgot about this function.

Yes...my REVERSE setting is ALWAYS 100%....it is not just using it for reverse, it is somehow engineered to help for the brakes.

On tight track setting...I use as high as 20% drag braking and only 75% brakes with 100% reverse...I have NEVER expereinced my brake is fading or disappeared........but I don't usually yake the brake and do a complete stop just to cut into the inside line. I usually let the car roll into the corner and carry as much corner speed as possible....or I will hit the board and broke..LOL
heres your other reply ( 5876 ) I don't drive exactly like that and I don't experience brake fading....
I/we appreciate your help , but i know reuben is a very good and consistent driver , and he does'nt as you say " yake the brake to do a complete stop to cut the inside line " it was a very sharp corner , with no chance to let it roll arround the corner .. so i didnt really understand your comments ..

and as reuben said , there was a few there yesturday with brake issues ..
with me, my brake issues was another problem to add to the list !!

Last edited by shaun207; 10-25-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Set reverse force to full, and you will have lockup brake power.
No idea why a reverse setting should have that effect, but its true.
Originally Posted by charlie_b
I have experienced the same thing. It happens on larger tracks and while a bigger cap works for a little bit, it still comes back. Another thing i have seen with the 100528 is that even when NO drag brakes are set up, i still get drag brakes after a long straight..Not sure if anyone has found a solution other then staying on the throttle..
Then this need to be resolve from SP....will have SAM to look over it and see is that something he can do in SOFTWARE or this is a hardware problem. Thanks again....
Old 10-25-2010, 12:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shaun207
heres your other reply ( 5876 ) I don't drive exactly like that and I don't experience brake fading....
I/we appreciate your help , but i know reuben is a very good and consistent driver , and he does'nt as you say " yake the brake to do a complete stop to cut the inside line " it was a very sharp corner , with no chance to let it roll arround the corner .. so i didnt really understand your comments ..

and as reuben said , there was a few there yesturday with brake issues ..
with me, my brake issues was another problem to add to the list !!
I was trying to say I don't have the brake problem when running a 1/8th on road track with brake issue....may be I don't use my brake ENOUGH to tell the different. And may be the way I drive, I don't use much brake...

I will gather some info and see what is the solution....
Old 10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

I was trying to say I don't have the brake problem when running a 1/8th on road track with brake issue....may be I don't use my brake ENOUGH to tell the different. And may be the way I drive, I don't use much brake...

I will gather some info and see what is the solution....
Ive never seen the issue running 1/10th for the last year with the SP, but we have just started indoor season now, and I think it was very track specific - hard on the throttle onto the straight, and because there was no sweeper at the end, it was on the brakes as late as possible to slow the car enough to make the tight hairpin at the end, followed by another straight and hairpin.

I was loosing 0.3 roughly per lap becase I had to be on the brakes much sooner and softer to slow the car enough to take a tight fast line through the corner.

it was ok if you were on the brakes early and applied them slower, but applying them quickly and late and the brakes seemed to go soft for about 2-3ft meaning missing the apex.

thats an idea of the track, it was at the end of the 2 simultaneous straights.

Like I said, First time ive ever noticed a lack in brakes, it was also more noticable when the grip came up. And it might be the last one, as a week previous racing at another venue, using 100% brake and 25% reverse I had plenty of brakes.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ran the Silver Arrow System last weekend with the Cirtix Slotless 2200KV motor.

Initial thoughts:
ESC is HUGE! But actually ran very cool to my surprise. I have to admit, i did not know what to expect from the Cirtix Slotless motor, but to my pleasant surprise, it was very torquey yet smooth.

Car:
Ofna Ultra GTP2E. The car is about 8 lbs so it is a beast. Ran the stock spur and a 17T pinion. (Stock was 14t)

Performance:
Previously, i had a Novak HV system with a 6.5 HV motor i borrowed from my E Revo. Although the HV system had much more torque off the line, the RIP from the Cirtix Slotless motor was very impressive. Infact, to my surprise, i ran out of GEAR! I could gear this system up probably another 4 teeth. I was temping at 109* all day. Driving against the other GT8 cars, with 2650kv motors with Tekin or mamba systems, the power was right there, just a little but lacking on the 170' straight. Nothing a few for teeth for gearing can fix.

Final Thoughts:
With the boom in 8th scale electric buggies hitting the offroad tracks in Socal, it is a no brainer it would eventually be hitting the Onroad scene as well. With the GT8 cars sprouting everywhere, the New Cirtix Slotless motors Hold their own. I will do another report on its performance in a couple of weeks when i run my GT8 car again at Surf City Raceway.
Thumbs up on Speedpassion's Big Bore motor and ESC. Definitely a goos system to go with.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

....how about a bigger capacitor..?
Is it just the braking power that the capacitor affects? My GT2.0 Pro only came with a small 2-capacitor board when I bought it (about a year ago). Was thinking about getting the 4-capacitor board that seems to come with the speedos now.....

Or does the capacitor affect anything else? I've seen the factory drivers (Marc, Elliott, Viktor etc) running with something else different.... again, is this just for braking feel?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bigger Brother
Is it just the braking power that the capacitor affects? My GT2.0 Pro only came with a small 2-capacitor board when I bought it (about a year ago). Was thinking about getting the 4-capacitor board that seems to come with the speedos now.....

Or does the capacitor affect anything else? I've seen the factory drivers (Marc, Elliott, Viktor etc) running with something else different.... again, is this just for braking feel?

Thanks
If you asked those who attended IIC....Hara's Tekin, was using 4 capacitors (or 3) instead of the standard 1 capacitor. That was used because of the indoor tight carpet setup that required monster braking...

Speed Passion has the 4 caps version for the GT2 PRO version ESC simply because it was designed for MOD motor...however, with the Supercharger program used on stock motor, using the 4 caps version is not a bad idea.

We have drivers even running a pair of 4 caps for the open ESC 13.5 on carpet and use massive braking....however, it does help on braking, just a little faster on lap time.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Rookie

I take it there is no issue with creating a bank of capacitors in parallel then provided the same 25v units are used? eg 4x 2200uf 25v rather than one...

Also the speed passion 1.5F super capacitor is out of stock and has been for some time, is this due back in stock at all?

I too was having the brake fade issue at the same track as the others,

Is there no software update that can aid the problem also?

Many thanks

Matt
Old 10-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mattsedgley
I take it there is no issue with creating a bank of capacitors in parallel then provided the same 25v units are used? eg 4x 2200uf 25v rather than one...

Also the speed passion 1.5F super capacitor is out of stock and has been for some time, is this due back in stock at all?

I too was having the brake fade issue at the same track as the others,

Is there no software update that can aid the problem also?

Many thanks

Matt
The issue is reported to the software person incharge...if there is anything he can do it, it will be fix or improve on the next version.

The speed passion 1.5F super capacitor is discontinued.....use this.

New Option High Power Capacitor EXT98802-C01

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/produ...8802-C01&c=OPT
Old 10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

This is my Serpent 960 @ I-Hobby Expo 2010....the true 1/8th On Road Racing machine...F1 of RC. Silver Arrow II ESC with Cirtix 2500kv motor powered with 4 cells of Speed Power 4600mah 35C Lipo saddle packs. This is with the SPEED PASSION Serpent 960 motor mount along with the Serpent 966 conversion kits (without their motor conversion parts). The Speed Passion Motor mount is alot more beefier then the Serpent carbon fiber version.

Last edited by Solara; 10-26-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Solara, Many thanks for the information,

Can you elaborate further on what the capacitor is doing during a run on the car, essentially it's bridged accross the battery, does it do anything durning acceleration or is it only used during braking?

Also the standard cap on a 2.1 is 2200uf 25V the ones you are suggesting I presume are 470uf 16V four in parallel gives less capacity than the single 2200uf version?

does the voltage play any part? are they ever chgarged to a voltage over 8.4v?

Many thanks

Matt

The issue is reported to the software person incharge...if there is anything he can do it, it will be fix or improve on the next version.

The speed passion 1.5F super capacitor is discontinued.....use this.

New Option High Power Capacitor EXT98802-C01
Old 10-26-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been away from Speed Passion for a while (since my LP 1.5's - which are still running strong in my off road mod vehicles). Anyway, I'm really thinking of picking up the new EX for my 17.5 1/12th scale. Is the only way to get to the advanced features with the new LCD box ? The stock box does not allow changes to these upper settings, correct ? Thanks.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

the standard box can be used to alter all the 15 options HTH
Old 10-26-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

If you asked those who attended IIC....Hara's Tekin, was using 4 capacitors (or 3) instead of the standard 1 capacitor. That was used because of the indoor tight carpet setup that required monster braking...

Speed Passion has the 4 caps version for the GT2 PRO version ESC simply because it was designed for MOD motor...however, with the Supercharger program used on stock motor, using the 4 caps version is not a bad idea.

We have drivers even running a pair of 4 caps for the open ESC 13.5 on carpet and use massive braking....however, it does help on braking, just a little faster on lap time.
What I'm trying to get at is simply, does the capacitor ONLY affect the braking power of the speedo?

If so, I won't need to change mine cos I've got plenty of brakes If, for example, it gives the boost profiles more power or something then obviously I'll look to change it out!

Thanks for the other info though
Oli

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.