Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Speed Passion Website

Just giving a shout out to the new updates on Website. The downloads have made it easier for new users to update software to 528 with the LCD box now, in case there were difficulties in the past.

Version 1.06 on the LCD with 528 mod/stock,and the previous 1.33 version profiles all included. VERY NICE JOB

Also, prices and ability to purchase online for others.

Nice updates GUYS !!!!

Speed Passion Thumbs up!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

@ altreyx
- I have my esc calibrated with radio at 100% and then gone to 125% as i always did it with LRP Speedo's maybe that's the case. Tomorrow I'll try and drop it down to 100%, if this doesn't help than maybe around 104% .

@ g12314
- I actually don't run on a track, but on a big parking lot with my mates. Our track's straight is about 180ft. shame on me - i don't have a thermo gun or something similar to masuar the temps, but I could easily touch the motor without burning myself. So I guess it was far beneth 90 degress celsius. of course this was because the motor only run about 1-2 minutes with boost on :-(. Endbell timing is set standard at 5°.

@ razzor
- Never thought that it might be overgeared, but I will try tomorrow, as xray_blade wrote, gear ratio around 6. This should defenitely be possible.

@ xray_blade
- I'm not as anoyed about Speedpassion as it seems, it's just a little bit frustrating as I always read and heared that SP products should be the best and now I maybe got victim of bad luck as i think :-(
I sent you a PM - it's nice to meat other vienna people here - I'm from 7th district of Vienna ;-)
I checked the green LED at FULL THROTTLE - there's no stuttering -it's just "burning".
Agree with your thinking about SP - best performance at least at the short one to two minutes when boost works :-) - that's why I'm trying to fix my problem instead of simply sending it back as I bought it to drive it - not to wait for a replacement.

@ Drillit
- already checked sensores & their solderings twice - they're ok.

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP - I hope it works out soon :-)
updates tomorrow.

regards from Vienna ;-)
Oliver
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Shqizy,
I always set my radio to 90% then back to 100% thats with a Futaba 3pk Fasst system. You said that you have tried other caps what one came with it? Did it come with the four caps mounted on a circuit board? Others have issues with weak brakes and other odd things by not using the "big" cap. I have to agree with the other guys your gearing seems a little high and I would aim for a max temp of around 65 - 70 C, 90 C is really hot and most likely will cost you a motor or more.

Hope that helps,
James
Old 07-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Smile offroad question for SP

Sorry for the offroad question, but this seems to be the place to get SP answers. I have an LPF 2.0 in my XXX-T CR with a SP v3 17.5 motor. I just loaded the 422 software and would like some starting software setups. One for an outdoor track that is usually mostly dry and loose and one for an indoor clay track.

Also, the download on the SP site says the 528 download is for the 2.1 only. Can I load the 528 software on the 2.0? If so, are the setups the same as for the 422?

Thanks,
Old 07-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RCMaster1
Sorry for the offroad question, but this seems to be the place to get SP answers. I have an LPF 2.0 in my XXX-T CR with a SP v3 17.5 motor. I just loaded the 422 software and would like some starting software setups. One for an outdoor track that is usually mostly dry and loose and one for an indoor clay track.

Also, the download on the SP site says the 528 download is for the 2.1 only. Can I load the 528 software on the 2.0? If so, are the setups the same as for the 422?

Thanks,
The setups are slightly different. 528 is smoother and a bit stronger.

But for 17.5, start with the setup online, its a great starting point even though its for sedan....just gear appropriately.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
you must run booster or receiver pack and remember dont turn the esc switch on with receiver pack hooked up or you will see puff of smoke and a rma in your future
How do you make this work. I have a receiver pack plug in, i have steering but no
throttle. I have the 2.1 esc with 1s. It seems to work fine with just the 1s no receiver pack or booster. Any help will be great

Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

On the 528 program how many settings are there because i only see 14 not 15
Old 07-25-2010, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by spdrac430
On the 528 program how many settings are there because i only see 14 not 15
15. The last setting is SC PUNCH
Old 07-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

#11 is empty.......

Is anyone running 1s competitively yet? (17.5, 13.5)(pan car) If so, HOW? Yes, I've seen the pics of the 2.0/2.1 esc in a 12th chassis, even read THE press release sayin it even "fits" in a 12th. But where are the results? Kinda figured by now that someone would be bragging or at least a little confident with their results!?

sp with 1s with rec pack works (operates) well with RED wire going from reciever to esc removed at esc plug. ESC switch will need to be ON for esc to work. Red wire will need to be reinserted to program the esc, just DO NOT have rec pack plugged/turned on when programming. Pull the red wire when done programming.

Last program that worked well on 1s was the 312 for 17.5/13.5 and the 323 for 13.5. (of course they won't keep-up with todays other esc's) since that time, I've only heard rumors about 1s performance, let alone any real help from/for those really wanting to run sp esc in 1s configurations.

Yeh, this is a rant to the sp gurus, throw us 1s guys a bone or tell us to get back up on the porch, 'cause ya can't run this with the Big Dogs! (yet)
Old 07-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JamesReilly
Shqizy,
I always set my radio to 90% then back to 100% thats with a Futaba 3pk Fasst system. You said that you have tried other caps what one came with it? Did it come with the four caps mounted on a circuit board? Others have issues with weak brakes and other odd things by not using the "big" cap. I have to agree with the other guys your gearing seems a little high and I would aim for a max temp of around 65 - 70 C, 90 C is really hot and most likely will cost you a motor or more.

Hope that helps,
James

thanks for your help.
I'm using a Spektrum DX3.0. I Don't know, maybe the 25% extra throttle is too much. so I will try instead of 125% only 100% to 110%.

As i said, unfortunately I don't have a thermo gun but as i still could touch it with my full hand, it should have had not more than 60° .
I will try now ratio 6 as e.g. xray_blade is running this without isues. If this doesn't help I'm going to try around 6,5 ratio.
My GT2.1 came with a round cap, i removed the shrinking tube -> it is a Jamicon 25V 2200uf cap. I also tried a Jamicon 25V 2200uf i bought myself and a better one, a LOW ESR type from Panasonic with 25V 2200uf. The brakes are very, very good. I first tried 100% but now like 75% much much more. So i think this capacitor.

About the capititor discussion allaround here I'd just say, have look at Marc Rheinard's car (e.g. at ETS series or WC) he is always using standart jamicon 25V 2200uf cap. So i think every GT2.0 or GT2.1 user should be happy with such an cap, otherwise I think it's a problem with the ESC. I don't know, but maybe the cap could be not enough for slower motors, like 17.5 ??. I used mine with 6.5T 9,5 and 13,5 everytime with verygood brakes.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcgee
How do you make this work. I have a receiver pack plug in, i have steering but no
throttle. I have the 2.1 esc with 1s. It seems to work fine with just the 1s no receiver pack or booster. Any help will be great

Thanks
turn switch off plug rec pack into receiver and u should have power thats how mine works
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCMaster1

Thanks,
I too ran the 422 in an xxxt for one race day on a dry outdoor offroad and had good results (won the race). I ran a 13.5 v2 sp but it ran very good only about 130-140 degrees, when I get home tonight I will post the settings that I ran, it seemed to be a safe starting point.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
turn switch off plug rec pack into receiver and u should have power thats how mine works
Thanks
I will try it again.
are you useing the cap on the esc.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcgee
Thanks
I will try it again.
are you useing the cap on the esc.
yes stock cap for 2.0
Old 07-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCHR Racer
The setups are slightly different. 528 is smoother and a bit stronger.

But for 17.5, start with the setup online, its a great starting point even though its for sedan....just gear appropriately.
Are you referring to the Charlie Barnes set up? Care to elaborate on what you consider appropriate gearing for offroad?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.