The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
I am runnning on a 75 x45 carpet track with a TC5 94t spur and an sp v3, what kinda motor temps do they like. I run a KO bmc and am not having the results like my novak 17.5 and suggetions would be great.

I was geared at a final of 4.09
dont know much about the ko speedo but a little more info would help.
is it slow on infield.
or slow on the straight what were your motor temps ?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

hey guys,

for some reason on my LPF 2.0, (and i never experienced this with my v1.0) if i double tapped the brakes, even with the car moving, reverse will kick in. On my 1.0, i could tap on the brakes as much as i wanted to and the reverse would not kick in unless the car was at a stop.. Many of you might be curious why i need to be able to double tap the brakes, but i do sometimes double tap the brakes as i do a lot of drifting (countersteer) which sometimes requires double tapping.

If any of you guys could help me, that'd be great. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Valentin.H; 05-02-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Guru
hey guys,

for some reason on my LPF 2.0, (and i never experienced this with my v1.0) if i double tapped the brakes, even with the car moving, reverse will kick in. On my 1.0, i could tap on the brakes as much as i wanted to and the reverse would not kick in unless the car was at a stop.. Many of you might be curious why i need to be able to double tap the brakes, but i do sometimes double tap the brakes as i do a lot of drifting (countersteer) which sometimes requires double tapping.

If any of you guys could help me, that'd be great. Thank you in advance!
Turn off reverse.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Turn off reverse.
Helpful comment !!

Have you set it to forward/Reverse with Brake?

Also you could try changing the firmware to another version and then rolling it back to the one you actually want to use as this may fix any software corruptions if they have occurred, remember to setup your radio again after flashing and re flashing.

Hope this helps as the flashing lights have, certainly on the Hobbywings, been fixed by reflashing in this manner.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Im using a ballistic 7.5 with a speed passion ESC profile 205 in an Associated B44 on an offroad track which has a loose surface with low grip
I am unsure of the gearing I require as I am having over heating problems.

I used to use a GTB and I had a 84 spur with a 20 tooth pinion, I was able to get a 8 min run with the motor just getting to 65 Deg C.

With the new ESC I get two laps and the motor is now up to 70 Deg C and im not prepared to risk getting it any hotter.

Can anyone Help with ESC settings and Gearing required
Old 05-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

Originally Posted by mr crum
dont know much about the ko speedo but a little more info would help.
is it slow on infield.
or slow on the straight what were your motor temps ?
My Temps were still pretty low 113deg. I did end up getting home and plugging in my ESC to my laptop and realized that my profile was set for punch and I had taken away alot of the RPM.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tns
Hi solara and sosidge

Thanks for the feedback! So I guess at the end of the day, yes, more power does make the car more difficult to drive, particularly if it is a shaft car due to torque steer, but this can be overcome with good setup and SKILLZ - more practice time required at the track then!

Cheers!
Torque steer does not bothers me when I was running Pro 4...remember the TC3 period? That was the car to get back then.....untill the BELT cars developed better then the shaft, then the shaft faded away.

I gave up shaft cause their drive train fail very offen especially when you use alot of drag braking and braking...also not a good idea to run at outdoor with little rocks. I have yet to have 1 belt car drive train failed on me.....not even 1/2 time...and I don't replace belt or pulleys unless they have extensive wear on them.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by chrissyred
just checked my card, i made a mistake it was at 7.

what setting do u think #4 should be?

the advice from the other thread only covers #9 onwards.

it is very good advice though as it really explains how each of the functions add up. i now understand fully function #15.
im off to the track soon so il let u know how i get on, cant wait to see my lap times, just please dont rain!!
That is a throttle profile...I would say using stock motor, should be around 7, 8 or 9....if using MOD motor, may be 5, 6 or 7....I don't think using 4 is necessary.

Also, using 9 (most aggressive) does not get me faster lap time...just add more heat onto the motor. And it is a personal preference, may be you find it 0.1 faster then 7 or 8...but all my setup are between 7 or 8...7 for small tight track and 8 for bigger more open track.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Tha Skinny
I am runnning on a 75 x45 carpet track with a TC5 94t spur and an sp v3, what kinda motor temps do they like. I run a KO bmc and am not having the results like my novak 17.5 and suggetions would be great.

I was geared at a final of 4.09
I know SP V3 type motor gear TALLER then Novak SS, at least back when I was using my SP speedo without software, I gear taller then other motors.

Try 3.7....and I know our team member can gear the V3 to mid 2 and low 3 (ask Charles) but try 3.7 and keep gearing up 1 tooth at a time...

Yes...you should send in your KO for the filmware update, KO does have a TURBO system awhile ago.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwi79a
Im using a ballistic 7.5 with a speed passion ESC profile 205 in an Associated B44 on an offroad track which has a loose surface with low grip
I am unsure of the gearing I require as I am having over heating problems.

I used to use a GTB and I had a 84 spur with a 20 tooth pinion, I was able to get a 8 min run with the motor just getting to 65 Deg C.

With the new ESC I get two laps and the motor is now up to 70 Deg C and im not prepared to risk getting it any hotter.

Can anyone Help with ESC settings and Gearing required
drrs to 2-3 timing 11.25 or lower
Old 05-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by smilekt
function 4# use parameter 6 still have supercharger ?
I saw the same. For me it's a bug which need to be corrected by SP !
Old 05-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

can we talk about the "new" SP software yet? cause I really really wanna post some actual race results from yesterday.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Flawless, i saw the Hobbywing item #15 for the 100422 Stock software

they have great RPM/Degree Explanation,

that would looks like Supercharge for real.

The most interesting is that
Item #13
the range is between 3000-15000 rpm with 1500rpm steps.
this will result more torque and max speed possibilities

but rpm can't be defined it's value yet ? 1500rpm is too far.
unlike Speed Passion Supercharge the range can be 1000rpm.
i think the best choice is to have user defined it's own value.

so it's really depend on delay and throttle activated.

anyway i was now waiting for Speed Passion After Sales Services test
since no doubt for Speed Passion and Hobbywing Technology yet right now.

Since King Golden of Speed Passion will still have to do the Sales and Services of any product send back to China, that would be in ShenZhen.
and that would be Hobbywing.

The lasting important about this product is After Sales Services that i am interested in. So now, i'm waiting, for next Speed Passion progress.

Let's see how fast hobbywing will do After Sales Services.

Last edited by irgo; 05-03-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by irgo

Let's see how fast hobbywing will do After Sales Services.
Very fast irgo.I sent them 2 speedos,one still under warranty and the other out of warranty and i had them repaired in my door after 12 days.They charged me only for shipping (34.00 USD with DHL).
Old 05-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Turn off reverse.
I would if i used the ESC strictly for racing..but i don't

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Helpful comment !!

Have you set it to forward/Reverse with Brake?

Also you could try changing the firmware to another version and then rolling it back to the one you actually want to use as this may fix any software corruptions if they have occurred, remember to setup your radio again after flashing and re flashing.

Hope this helps as the flashing lights have, certainly on the Hobbywings, been fixed by reflashing in this manner.
yes i have set it to foward/reverse with brake.. but alright, that seems like an option, but i guess i will have to pickup a programmer to flash the firmware Has anyone else experienced the reverse kicking in after double tapping the brakes while the car is still moving forward? i'd really like to know..

thanks guys.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.