The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)
Default v3.0 plug size?

does anyone know what size the plugs are for the v3.0 motors?

dont have them with me atm to check, but need to place an order.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

the have 3mm
Old 04-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

I really wanted to win a trophy this weekends Tamiya race so i switched to Tekin and took first place and pulling 2 more laps than with the Speed passion! All this waiting i hope they make you guyz really happy? I did use the Sp motor thou and seemed good.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by razzor
With that setup you wont have a good bottom end.
running max settings on 9, 12, and 13 wont necessary give the best performance.
reduce your gearing a bit more and try :

4-7
5-4
6-4
9-6
12-5 or 6
13-5 or 6
14-6
15-5
With 410 its the pre supercharger performance (ie down low acceleration) thats lacking. So 12,13,and 14 make no difference to this. I tried 15 at all positions and 1 or 2 seemed about the best. Dropping no.4 will give more top speed and less acceleration as well which is not what you want with 410.

regards
Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
guys, i just notice with the 324 software...when u bind, set your gun throttle to highest (e.g m11x is 140%) ...this will make your throttle range much better than your put only 100%

supercharge will come earlier too.....

please try and let me know...
Most people bind at 100% then raise there endpoint to the 140 or whatever your specific radio goes to. This way supercharger kicks in earlier..
Old 04-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

tried the 230 yesterday at Fielding and alot of the guys (wellington/manawatu) around here are coming out with tekins, and they just pull away down the straights.

230 felt alot better.
I started with a FDR 6.38 and ended the day with a 5.88. which i felt was a light high.

The drive out of the corners was great, and the supercharger kicked in nice and kept wanting to accelerate down the straights, but still lot as good as some of the tekins out there. but i think this is getting close to what we need to compete.

Anyone know where i can get the latest version ... Mike (ixlr8nz) i see that you have been using it at Chch.

David
Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

I can hook you up with 410 man but to be honest I would'nt waste your time. Neither 324 or 410 is any better than 230.

they are just different.

I challenge Speed Passion to give us software which has 324's pre supercharger acceleration and 410's top speed.

Dave: the funny thing is I broke the track record at Ruapuna by 6.5s with 230. Its now 14 laps 7s in 13.5.

Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I can hook you up with 410 man but to be honest I would'nt waste your time. Neither 324 or 410 is any better than 230.

they are just different.

I challenge Speed Passion to give us software which has 324's pre supercharger acceleration and 410's top speed.

Dave: the funny thing is I broke the track record at Ruapuna by 6.5s with 230. Its now 14 laps 7s in 13.5.

Mike
i dont recommend handing out this software it could lead to problems for you in the future of getting new software 410 is for the team to test not to pass out to every tom dick or harry
Old 04-18-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
i dont recommend handing out this software it could lead to problems for you in the future of getting new software 410 is for the team to test not to pass out to every tom dick or harry
Fine.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just read the words,,,,

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
to be honest I'm a little disapointed about the way Speed Passion deals with its software. They could do much better by letting the general public know whats going on and always give people the opportunity to try the new software(even if its a little risky). Its wrong to have people speaking about software that you can't even get your hands on, and I can tell you its putting people off.

regards
Mike
Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
just read the words,,,,
+935 in the day and age of piracy we arent gona be able to just test it by the team some jerk has to release it illegally wait till we do catch tekin there gona find out we got new s/w before its released and update theres b4 we release ours
Old 04-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys,

first weekend with the speed passion 2.0 running 17.5, started out with a fdr of 6 then ended not sure keep on gearing up and up and up. started with a 94 spur with 31, on a tc5, the ended up with 41 (all 64 pitch) and the motor was still around 112f. coming off the track.

I have a lcd pro programer. but when i got to the track the screen seem all blurred, not read out at all. does any one know were I can send this to get repaired. Or can i do all the setting via laptop program and and just use the Lcd pro programer as an interface. I still have the org. program card too.

any help would be great.

Oh the infield seemed great could us a bit more punch. but lack severely on the straight. big time. unsure what my setting are at. and what version of the s/w i have on board either.

If I could get some insight on which way i should head would be great either on this board or through a PM.

Bla bla bla bla. yeah i know a bit of a novel but Bla bla bla bla lol

thanks in advance i
Old 04-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey guys,

first weekend with the speed passion 2.0 running 17.5, started out with a fdr of 6 then ended not sure keep on gearing up and up and up. started with a 94 spur with 31, on a tc5, the ended up with 41 (all 64 pitch) and the motor was still around 112f. coming off the track.

I have a lcd pro programer. but when i got to the track the screen seem all blurred, not read out at all. does any one know were I can send this to get repaired. Or can i do all the setting via laptop program and and just use the Lcd pro programer as an interface. I still have the org. program card too.

any help would be great.

Oh the infield seemed great could us a bit more punch. but lack severely on the straight. big time. unsure what my setting are at. and what version of the s/w i have on board either.

If I could get some insight on which way i should head would be great either on this board or through a PM.

Bla bla bla bla. yeah i know a bit of a novel but Bla bla bla bla lol

thanks in advance i
if the interface part is still working u can use a pc to find out wat s/w u have and then use plastic box to change settings
Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mr crum
+935 in the day and age of piracy we arent gona be able to just test it by the team some jerk has to release it illegally wait till we do catch tekin there gona find out we got new s/w before its released and update theres b4 we release ours

I really dont mind how SP release their software. but what gets me is that they have release something for the public drivers to use and we have provided reports on how good or bad it is, but we still dont have a time frame for when we will be able to match tekin and in the mean time we have to listen/read how the team drivers are going with the latest software.

And you report that we...tom dick, and harry have to wait...well..."If you dont finish first you are last."... how about..."if you dont finish first get a tekin".
Old 04-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kiwidave72
I really dont mind how SP release their software. but what gets me is that they have release something for the public drivers to use and we have provided reports on how good or bad it is, but we still dont have a time frame for when we will be able to match tekin and in the mean time we have to listen/read how the team drivers are going with the latest software.

And you report that we...tom dick, and harry have to wait...well..."If you dont finish first you are last."... how about..."if you dont finish first get a tekin".
Tekin just happened to come across something that makes their ESC fast. Right now in spec racing, it is all about software. Just give the folks at Speed Passion some time and they'll have the GT 2.0 as quick or quicker than the current wave of speed controls.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.