Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Hey everyone!

Sorry about the spotty communication here the last few weeks. Clearing up SchuieUSA and gearing up the Speed Passion USA support office has had me tied up 24/7 for 3 weeks straight, and I just had my first real day off this last weekend

SO....
If you haven't seen the news, interviews and such on the web yet, let me introduce myself. I am now heading up the new King Golden USA Support Office here just outside Tampa FL. King Golden is the parent company to the brands of Speed Passion electronics, Speed Power batteries, East Coast Bodies, and Pro Drive hop-up parts.

If you have immediate support needs, please email me (spam proof version in signature below) or call our toll free line from 9am to 6pm Eastern time.

I'll be here to answer general questions when I have time, but I can't be here all day everyday, so again - for immediate support, use one of the above methods please.

We will be rolling out the Speed Power direct online buying for USA customers very soon - could be as soon as tomorrow. When we've got all the back-end bugs worked out there, the USA side of Speed Passion will be activated for USA consumer purchasing.

The Speed Passion model is simple - we are factory direct now, which makes for better pricing for you the consumer AND for our dealers. The website price will be the new retail price, and you can then buy it for that price regardless of where you buy from - online direct, online from a USA web shop, or right from your LHS shelf. We are in process of getting USA dealers set up right now, so if you run a shop and want to bring on the line (and trust me you do) - contact me and we can get you going pronto.

I've been doing a lot of back-end web text and marketing work the last week, so I'm not 100% up to speed on "when is X going to be released?" just yet. I'll be getting into that this week.

As far as software goes - I spec'd out some all new settings and software procedures for SP a couple months ago, and the resulting new package is being checked out internally and by a few of our top drivers right now. It's called "Supercharger" mode, and preliminarily it looks like it's got everything we need to jump straight into top competitive 21.5-13.5 limited motor racing again. We're still polishing it a bit, but hopefully we'll be able to get it out into public beta this week or next. I know this has been a long time coming, and you're patience will soon be rewarded!

Between all the brands, we have some AWESOME stuff in the deep skunkworks, and some almost ready to break publicly as my workload settles down in the coming weeks - stay tuned!

I'll use this post as a "break point", and do my best to answer everything AFTER this one as time allows. Thanks for your patience guys - good days are close at hand for Speed Passion in the USA!
Are you listening IRGO? Here you go now I assume you have somewhere to send your esc now. The have not forgotten there customers.

Last edited by dfiantii; 03-08-2010 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

WELCOME BACK, SHAWN!!!

Haven't been able to quit smiling!!
Old 03-08-2010, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Welcome back Shawn. What about Adam?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks BanzaiMom! Me too!

san. -
Adam is taking some well deserved time off right now. We both needed a few weeks off, but he was the only one that got any....

Once I get all the back-end stuff rolling for King Golden, we get our team drivers sorted out, and we're back to pumping container loads of new product into the USA I'll make the call and drag him back to work.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey everyone!

Sorry about the spotty communication here the last few weeks. Clearing up SchuieUSA and gearing up the Speed Passion USA support office has had me tied up 24/7 for 3 weeks straight, and I just had my first real day off this last weekend

SO....
If you haven't seen the news, interviews and such on the web yet, let me introduce myself. I am now heading up the new King Golden USA Support Office here just outside Tampa FL. King Golden is the parent company to the brands of Speed Passion electronics, Speed Power batteries, East Coast Bodies, and Pro Drive hop-up parts.

If you have immediate support needs, please email me (spam proof version in signature below) or call our toll free line from 9am to 6pm Eastern time.

I'll be here to answer general questions when I have time, but I can't be here all day everyday, so again - for immediate support, use one of the above methods please.

We will be rolling out the Speed Power direct online buying for USA customers very soon - could be as soon as tomorrow. When we've got all the back-end bugs worked out there, the USA side of Speed Passion will be activated for USA consumer purchasing.

The Speed Passion model is simple - we are factory direct now, which makes for better pricing for you the consumer AND for our dealers. The website price will be the new retail price, and you can then buy it for that price regardless of where you buy from - online direct, online from a USA web shop, or right from your LHS shelf. We are in process of getting USA dealers set up right now, so if you run a shop and want to bring on the line (and trust me you do) - contact me and we can get you going pronto.

I've been doing a lot of back-end web text and marketing work the last week, so I'm not 100% up to speed on "when is X going to be released?" just yet. I'll be getting into that this week.

As far as software goes - I spec'd out some all new settings and software procedures for SP a couple months ago, and the resulting new package is being checked out internally and by a few of our top drivers right now. It's called "Supercharger" mode, and preliminarily it looks like it's got everything we need to jump straight into top competitive 21.5-13.5 limited motor racing again. We're still polishing it a bit, but hopefully we'll be able to get it out into public beta this week or next. I know this has been a long time coming, and you're patience will soon be rewarded!

Between all the brands, we have some AWESOME stuff in the deep skunkworks, and some almost ready to break publicly as my workload settles down in the coming weeks - stay tuned!

I'll use this post as a "break point", and do my best to answer everything AFTER this one as time allows. Thanks for your patience guys - good days are close at hand for Speed Passion in the USA!
hey shawn let me know if u need anything to get this all goin im local and can help u know that buddy i stand behind sp i bleed it u know that
Old 03-08-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Shawn...welcome back. I am so glad you are back on Rctech to answer "Someone's" question....for some specific customer, I really ran out of "Word" to answer, both Chinese and English...LOL

I do believe you have "BOAT LOAD" of stuff to unload just simply by looking at your press release pictures...dude, how many speedo/motor were behind you on that picture...? LOL
Old 03-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

LOL Solara - those were only stacked about 6 deep, so it wasn't that many...

Thanks mr crum! you are the bestestest!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by san.
Welcome back Shawn. What about Adam?
I'm on vacation playing the role of professional house husband and video game expert
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

san. -
Adam is taking some well deserved time off right now. We both needed a few weeks off, but he was the only one that got any....

Once I get all the back-end stuff rolling for King Golden, we get our team drivers sorted out, and we're back to pumping container loads of new product into the USA I'll make the call and drag him back to work.
good news indeed, Thanks for the update.

Originally Posted by abailey21
I'm on vacation playing the role of professional house husband and video game expert
Iracing dot you know what is my new favorite toy. talk to you soon.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Re-Flash Firmware ESC Restore.

Hey everyone!

SO....

Ready Sir!

If Shawn Palmer was busy, there should be representatives from KingGoldenUSA,
who joined and served in this Thread Speed Passion.

My question always remains the same, the problem at ESC FIRMWARE damaged.
Is Speed Passion to Release Software for this problem.

Adam said his name "Re-Flash" be able to return to the ESC back FIRMWARE
to the beginning.

because of the problem, if in turn ESC, ESC will not Boot.
while the green light, stay alive, indicate the ESC is alive.
and PC Interface / Software do not want Displaying "Software" Tab.
So I can not click button "Upgrade".

Shawn Palmer, is there Software Re-Flash to ESC I?
so I can fix it myself just to issue ESC FIRMWARE damaged.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

san. -

This sounds great!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by irgo
Ready Sir!

If Shawn Palmer was busy, there should be representatives from KingGoldenUSA,
who joined and served in this Thread Speed Passion.

My question always remains the same, the problem at ESC FIRMWARE damaged.
Is Speed Passion to Release Software for this problem.

Adam said his name "Re-Flash" be able to return to the ESC back FIRMWARE
to the beginning.

because of the problem, if in turn ESC, ESC will not Boot. and PC Interface / Software
do not want Displaying "Software" Tab.
So I can not click button "Upgrade".

Shawn Palmer, is there Software Re-Flash to ESC I?
so I can fix it myself just to issue ESC FIRMWARE damaged.
I never said that, i said if you didn't follow the instructions and you unplugged the ESC in the middle of the firmware update you're going to have to send your ESC to Hong Kong at this moment, which the possibility of being able to send it to the US office in the next few weeks, to a couple months as everything gets set up.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hey everyone!

SO....

Awesome and GREAT to still have you around Shawn! You'll be hearing from me in the next couple days
Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by abailey21
I never said that, i said if you didn't follow the instructions and you unplugged the ESC in the middle of the firmware update you're going to have to send your ESC to Hong Kong at this moment, which the possibility of being able to send it to the US office in the next few weeks, to a couple months as everything gets set up.
OK....

But now i need to Re-Flash my ESC, So, is There The Software to Re-Flash my ESC, Since The PC Interface "Software" Tab is Missing/Not Showing.
Need To Fix my ESC Firmware here.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by irgo
OK....

But now i need to Re-Flash my ESC, So, is There The Software to Re-Flash my ESC, Since The PC Interface "Software" Tab is Missing/Not Showing.
Need To Fix my ESC Firmware here.
Like I said before, 3 times now to be exact, you cannot do it yourself.

If you live in the US contact [email protected] if not please contact your local distribution channel and have it fixed for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.