Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rocking Donkey
How do you "toast" a motor? I always run my motors a little on the conservative side to keep the temps down, but I thought that if the motor did get too hot the thermal cutout would activate? Were you running without this? I'm just worried about killing my motors now

Ben
If you took the time to read his entire post and his previous post you would see that the failures were due to the new software not being ready and causing the motor failures.
Old 03-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Last edited by LOSI123; 03-22-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
Thank's

were here to Improve Hobbywing and Speed Passion etc, not for a single controller.

The Mission is for all Factory/Companies that build ESC, must aware of this important bug.

Fixing The Firmware Damage is not a secret to us,
we have been Fixing many of Firmware Damaged.

The point is Many Factory/Companies that build ESC Miss attention on this important Object where we always talk about Firmware but Forgot about the risk.

we are just Helping two way, The Factory/Companies and The USER.

Both are required to move forward.

Not Everyone easily to just buy another Controller like you dfiantii.
and Not Everyone have easy access to reach HK/Distributors/Retailers.

Just pushing how to make a better living in these RC WORLD.
So people enjoying not complaining.

I will be the One that ready to involved with this, you can stick with you tekin, i lived with many controllers not just tekin.

Everyone deserved for the right controller what ever they like.

but basic is basic, FIRMWARE DAMAGED must be Solved for Esc.
Irgo,
I am simply saying you can't have a plan for EVERY circumstance. Your esc not taking the firmware upgrade and getting damaged in the process is like me upgrading a driver to one of my computer components and it not taking. No one knows why it happens it just does. Your never going to get 100 percent across the board on electronics or anything that's build or designed by humans. I am in the United States so if I had to send my esc back to HK it would be a big hassle for me and I would have to decide is it worth it or not. That's the decision you have to make. SP is going through transition right now if you have not noticed with people moving around so make some calls see what you can work out thats what I would be doing. Or tell you the truth I would be trolling the sale forums seeing if I could buy a used off of someone, thats how I got my last two GT 2.0's.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Irgo,
I am simply saying you can't have a plan for EVERY circumstance. Your esc not taking the firmware upgrade and getting damaged in the process is like me upgrading a driver to one of my computer components and it not taking. No one knows why it happens it just does. Your never going to get 100 percent across the board on electronics or anything that's build or designed by humans. I am in the United States so if I had to send my esc back to HK it would be a big hassle for me and I would have to decide is it worth it or not. That's the decision you have to make. SP is going through transition right now if you have not noticed with people moving around so make some calls see what you can work out thats what I would be doing. Or tell you the truth I would be trolling the sale forums seeing if I could buy a used off of someone, thats how I got my last two GT 2.0's.
Trolling is where you trick people into giving a emotional response. Lurking is the word you're looking for.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
Trolling is where you trick people into giving a emotional response. Lurking is the word you're looking for.
I stand corrected. Lurking in the forsale forum. Thank you "defcone" for the forum word etiquette correction.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
There is a limit on things...

Allot of TEKIN user already thing V203 is really pushing the current speedo/brushless motor to its limit...they did it a very clever way, to make the motor run the FASTEST at the right time and at the right spot and still make the motor COOL...but again, that is very much for motor like 13.5 and slower. When TITC ppl using 11.5...it is really a fair ground for all the speedo...yes, TEKIN and LRP still has the edge but it is no longer as dominated as it is on 13.5 and 17.5 motor...

Stay tune...once SP USA is up and running, the software will come along for download. And it will be TURBO within.
do your self a favor buy yourself a tekin like the sp drivers for TITC10

they had about 20 of them

mybe you can send them a pm they might have a chep one for you

or you could always wait and hope that sp can catch up and pass the tekin Tec..............

Last edited by Senna Racing; 03-04-2010 at 05:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well isn't that nice how Hobbywing is The most responsible to all This mess ?

If Hobbywing is the one that Manufacturing Those ESC, we need them here to discuss, and if Hobbywing is The one That into the Research for all the ESC,
would be great to know How is The LCD will Work's, to Re Flash The Firmware.

Who Develop The Firmware for Hobbywing and Speed Passion ?

If the Research Of Stock Software is Developed by Speed Passion,
Why is Hobbywing willing to Use The Speed Passion Software/Firmware ?

If Wireless Power is Speed Passion, What a Hobbywing can do ?

So many things here must to explain, when we talk about Speed Passion,
We will not Stand To the Brand That has no research in it.
Without Research There will be no Improvement.

Hobbywing,Hobbywing,Hobbywing
That's What Solara say's about it,
All i can say Hobbywing or Speed Passion
Must respond to Firmware Damaged Issue.

Many Thanks Lutach,..
You can send Hobbywing a PM. If it's Pan, ask him about all the issues. Wireless Power lol, that's only SP's attempt to do something Mr. Tesla did. I hope it works out someday.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank's

were here to Improve Hobbywing and Speed Passion etc, not for a single controller.

The Mission is for all Factory/Companies that build ESC, must aware of this important bug.

Fixing The Firmware Damage is not a secret to us,
we have been Fixing many of Firmware Damaged.

The point is Many Factory/Companies that build ESC Miss attention on this important Object where we always talk about Firmware but Forgot about the risk.

we are just Helping two way, The Factory/Companies and The USER.

Both are required to move forward.

Not Everyone easily to just buy another Controller like you dfiantii.
and Not Everyone have easy access to reach HK/Distributors/Retailers.

Just pushing how to make a better living in these RC WORLD.
So people enjoying not complaining.

I will be the One that ready to involved with this, you can stick with you tekin, i lived with many controllers not just tekin.

Everyone deserved for the right controller what ever they like.

but basic is basic, FIRMWARE DAMAGED must be Solved for Esc.
Irgo, I have a couple of comments to make which you may or may not enjoy. When updating my Hobbywing ESC to SP software I had a 'brown trouser moment' because I believed I had 'bricked' my speedo, the update process seemed to hang for a long time, about 5 minutes, I was about to unplug the ESC, but having flashed a large number of PC bios's I was tempted to leave it overnight so left it. About 5 more minutes later a box flashed up 'Update Failed' and the Speedo was still at its' previous setting. It is a basic fact of EPROMS that you must never disconnect them EVER. You may well have 'inadvertently' damaged your own Speedo in this manner. There may be a fix however, we played with one that had 'died' like this and Flashed the Program Box with the OLD Hobbywing Software, this allowed a rollback to 205g, once this had been done, we then reinstalled the SP software on the program card and reflashed the Speedo with 110 software. It did however take about 12 minutes of being seemingly frozen but the update worked. Having spoken to a tech guy about this he suggested that XP may have been running Virus scans, or auto defragging at the time thus slowing the process somewhat. Also we have tried to update with Vista and it takes a lot longer and we achieve more 'Update failed' messages. Windows 7 is even worse and we get a 1 in 3 hit rate.

Give these things a try before you send the ESC back to HK as you cannot really do any more damage than you already have. Or just shell out the peanuts price and get a 120SD from HK lol.

As has already been confirmed these are all the same electronics, from the same factory so our fix may well work on your damaged ESC.

Now I will return to my 'lurking' in the Exerun Forums rather than hang here and get banned for 'trolling' again. Still have no idea what the difference is but what hey !!!
Old 03-04-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lutach
You can send Hobbywing a PM. If it's Pan, ask him about all the issues. Wireless Power lol, that's only SP's attempt to do something Mr. Tesla did. I hope it works out someday.
Perhap's it will do,

but if only Hobbywing willing to respond Speed Passion Users.
since the hardware was build by Hobbywing,
Last time i know Hobbywing is not gonna to release any new Software,
The Software Coder is now work's only for Speed Passion,

That seem loose connection between Hardware and Software Developers on Hobbywing,
and you Think will have chance to Hobbywing for
rebuild their Software re-flash?

why not pan Join us here right ?

Let's see how Pan respond on this
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Speed Passion Firmware Suggestion 1

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Irgo, I have a couple of comments to make which you may or may not enjoy. When updating my Hobbywing ESC to SP software I had a 'brown trouser moment' because I believed I had 'bricked' my speedo, the update process seemed to hang for a long time, about 5 minutes, I was about to unplug the ESC, but having flashed a large number of PC bios's I was tempted to leave it overnight so left it. About 5 more minutes later a box flashed up 'Update Failed' and the Speedo was still at its' previous setting. It is a basic fact of EPROMS that you must never disconnect them EVER. You may well have 'inadvertently' damaged your own Speedo in this manner. There may be a fix however, we played with one that had 'died' like this and Flashed the Program Box with the OLD Hobbywing Software, this allowed a rollback to 205g, once this had been done, we then reinstalled the SP software on the program card and reflashed the Speedo with 110 software. It did however take about 12 minutes of being seemingly frozen but the update worked. Having spoken to a tech guy about this he suggested that XP may have been running Virus scans, or auto defragging at the time thus slowing the process somewhat. Also we have tried to update with Vista and it takes a lot longer and we achieve more 'Update failed' messages. Windows 7 is even worse and we get a 1 in 3 hit rate.

Give these things a try before you send the ESC back to HK as you cannot really do any more damage than you already have. Or just shell out the peanuts price and get a 120SD from HK lol.

As has already been confirmed these are all the same electronics, from the same factory so our fix may well work on your damaged ESC.

Now I will return to my 'lurking' in the Exerun Forums rather than hang here and get banned for 'trolling' again. Still have no idea what the difference is but what hey !!!
Congratulation You are The man!

at least you have tried to Suggest the Solution,

I never think you are banned here, but some people are dislike to talk about other than what they like.

For me in this case Firmware Damaged, is really important for us all to cooperatively and brainstorming.

Actually, i know that the Hobbywing Software is latest Greatest software for Hobbywing based ESC. (that's also include for Speed Passion ESC).
Since There is a secret inside Hobbywing General Tools that many Speed Passion User didn't know yet.
( i follow your discussion in this previous thread )

and so i'd delight to try your suggestion,...
and i will try to understand your method.

and i will try to respond back to you,....
Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cherry2Blost,

i could not find any old Hobbywing General tools/USB Link Software ?

There is only the new/latest USB Link Software (09/12/29) version one.

Do you have the link for old USB LINK SOFTWARE ?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trolling for example is like going to the Tekin forums and claiming that running the GT 2.0 esc with Team Wave firmware surpasses the Tekin esc with 203. When they reply with rage, then you've known you've successfully trolled them hard. Lurking is just reading the tekin forum and not posting anything.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Cherry2Blost,

i could not find any old Hobbywing General tools/USB Link Software ?

There is only the new/latest USB Link Software (09/12/29) version one.

Do you have the link for old USB LINK SOFTWARE ?
Irgo I am racing tonight and I believe I have the CD with me that has the 'OLD' HW software on it, will attempt to put it on my hosting, along with the SP softwares that I host and post a link either later today or in the Morning.

Originally Posted by defcone
Trolling for example is like going to the Tekin forums and claiming that running the GT 2.0 esc with Team Wave firmware surpasses the Tekin esc with 203. When they reply with rage, then you've known you've successfully trolled them hard. Lurking is just reading the tekin forum and not posting anything.
Hang on........ are we saying that the Team wave firmware is likely to work on the HW/SP/TV/MM speedo's and if so Why am I not aware of this, wow now THAT would be interesting lol.

Cool so my ban from here for supposed 'trolling' was wrong then, hence the rapid reversal?

Am not very Au Fait with the etiquette of these places and am always happy to learn about these things.

I thank you Sir !!
Old 03-04-2010, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Irgo I am racing tonight and I believe I have the CD with me that has the 'OLD' HW software on it, will attempt to put it on my hosting, along with the SP softwares that I host and post a link either later today or in the Morning.

Hang on........ are we saying that the Team wave firmware is likely to work on the HW/SP/TV/MM speedo's and if so Why am I not aware of this, wow now THAT would be interesting lol.

Cool so my ban from here for supposed 'trolling' was wrong then, hence the rapid reversal?

Am not very Au Fait with the etiquette of these places and am always happy to learn about these things.

I thank you Sir !!
No, TeamWave doesn't work with SP, I think I just trolled you,lol.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have to disagree with defcone. cherry2blost is a forum/thread troll.

..disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.