Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
where can i get another usb cord for my programmer thxs reggie i lost it
you can get teh usb cable from any store that does pc and multimedia accessories.
I use a longer cable from my motorola phone.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
you can get teh usb cable from any store that does pc and multimedia accessories.
I use a longer cable from my motorola phone.
Agreed, i get all my cables at walmart cause they sell the really short ones for like 2 bucks
Old 08-09-2009, 04:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by RTR canada
I just got my 2.0 pro carbon. Its great !!! I TQed and killed the motor in the A main lolol . Just wondering if anyone knows if this model has the latest soft ware?? and can you update it by pluging it in to your computer? Thanks
If you have the LCD box or motor dyno then yes you can update it from the PC.

There are only 3 version of the software that could be on it, and that's the 205C, 205G or 0923A
Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Just met a guy at our track. He's got 090731 loaded on his esc. Was noticeably quick with good top speed... I wonder when it'll be released.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

i loaded the latest software for the hobbywing xerun 120 amp esc.
Sor far its looks good.
will run again this coming weekend and make some gearing changes in both mod and 17.5
So far seems to have more mid and top end.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

so heres a little race report from the past few weeks.

A local driver was getting out of off road, so i was able to pick up a tekin RS pro with hotwire and crap load of goodies for dirt cheap, (pun intended)

I had a LRP TC spec ESC that i installed in my 17.5 car, found correct gearing and set a good base of lap times, the following week in installed the Tekin Pro, found a good gearing and setup, was able to get ahold of update 199 with the boost and all that good stuff. on the bench i was like holy crap, I was impressed, posted as much on the tekin thread, on the track not so much, felt it wasn't really any faster then the TC spec, i felt following their directions of dropping gearing was the wrong way to go, i lost in field punch, and the turbo fuction only made up for loss in straight away speed, I geared up and it actually worked better and was back and tad bit better then the TC spec, so to the heart of the post, this weekend was our areas largest outdoor on road race of the season, I ran the Mi3 with exotec chassis and RS PRO for three rounds of quals in 17.5, and had TQ, this morning I switched the 17.5 to the Mi4 with a SP 2.0 esc and stock software, and reset the TQ even faster. If SP has some software thats even better then someone needs to send it to me ASAP.

long story short, Schumucher Mi3/Mi4 DOMINATED 17.5 this weekend 6 straight heat and main wins. MI3/Mi4 Qual 2nd and finished 2nd in the 13.5 class
Old 08-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Similar story here. I have the SP 2.0 equivalent Xerun and blew a weeks pay on the RS Pro only to discover that the Xerun gives better lap times....
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Adept

thanks!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Just a little update for you guys trying to contact us via email and phone today;

A semi truck backed into a transformer behind our building and will not have power at the office today (08-10-09). Were hoping to have the power restored by tomorrow morning but I will keep all the threads updated as we get more info. Were closed today and working from home and i'm going to check the office tomorrow morning...
Old 08-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abailey21
Just a little update for you guys trying to contact us via email and phone today;

A semi truck backed into a transformer behind our building and will not have power at the office today (08-10-09). Were hoping to have the power restored by tomorrow morning but I will keep all the threads updated as we get more info. Were closed today and working from home and i'm going to check the office tomorrow morning...

thats sucks, I told you not to let Shawn pretend to be "Rubber Duck"
Old 08-10-2009, 10:09 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
thats sucks, I told you not to let Shawn pretend to be "Rubber Duck"
The transformer exploding was cool looking though
Old 08-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

I have a question regarding the AMTS setting and what it specifically does.

Does this advance the timing across the board or is it an "automatic timing advance when needed" mode? From what I've read here, this sounds like it is the case.

So advancing my motor will set the base timing and AMTS will be additional "boost" timing when rpms are maxed? Is this correct?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Benny,

Any physical advance already on the motor is a static baseline the software works off of. As for exactly how we're manipulating the timing within the ESC to get better top end and punch while still retaining runtime and keeping the motor cool - that's a secret
Old 08-11-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bennybtl
I have a question regarding the AMTS setting and what it specifically does.

Does this advance the timing across the board or is it an "automatic timing advance when needed" mode? From what I've read here, this sounds like it is the case.

So advancing my motor will set the base timing and AMTS will be additional "boost" timing when rpms are maxed? Is this correct?
Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Hi Benny,

Any physical advance already on the motor is a static baseline the software works off of. As for exactly how we're manipulating the timing within the ESC to get better top end and punch while still retaining runtime and keeping the motor cool - that's a secret
These kinds of questions have been asked a few times before, usually with no response. This response also doesn't help any of us understand how to get the most out of their products.

Surely you could let us know a little more so we can keep up with the competition. Especially for spec classes where we need all the help we can get to stop getting smoked speedies like SPX and now Tekin with their new firmware.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Adept

Shawn,

So you're saying that I should use the AMTS in the esc as a tuning option in addition to (not intead of) the timing on the motor?

If I time the motor all the way advanced and then set the AMTS to something other than 0 it doesn't cause the cumulative advance to be set (20 degress on the motor, 15 degrees AMTS != 35 degree advance ?)

The reason I want to be clear, is that I remember the instructions for the gt2 stating something to the effect of the benefit of using the AMTS to set timing as an alternative because it's easier than wrenching on a motor.

I understand your need to protect IP but I want to know what I'm doing without blindly experimenting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.