The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 06:53 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr_RCGuy
I have a 10.5R with a Reventon R ESC combo. It ran perfect in my SCT. I transferred it to my 1:10 pan car I am building and it is cogging VERY badly.

It is very loud through the entire power band. It runs fine until I mesh the motor to the spur gear. I have checked and rechecked the mesh and all the wiring. I even resoldered the wiring. It does with or without the sensor wire hooked up.

I have tried the drift and mod1 firmwares.

Any ideas?
If it is doing it with and without the sensor cable plugged in, to me, it would suggest a bad sensor cable possibly. Do you have another cable you can try?
Old 10-18-2014, 04:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jeepy2013
If it is doing it with and without the sensor cable plugged in, to me, it would suggest a bad sensor cable possibly. Do you have another cable you can try?
It was a defective pinion gear. Fixed it. Works now.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default 12th scale Reventon R

Hi, I just picked up my first 12th scale car. I want to try to use my Reventon R in it, I plan on using a life rx pack. Has anyone had experience running the Reventon R in single cell racing? and if so give me some tips or anything to look out for.
Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-18-2014, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markt311
Hi, I just picked up my first 12th scale car. I want to try to use my Reventon R in it, I plan on using a life rx pack. Has anyone had experience running the Reventon R in single cell racing? and if so give me some tips or anything to look out for.
Thanks,
Mark
I don't think the R is 1s compatible. It also obviously doesn't have a booster for the BEC. Certainly the manual states 2s lipo only operation. I think the only esc that speed passion have is the 1.1 ex which is 1s compatible. For 1/12 most people I know run the hobby wing 1s esc with internal booster.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan_vector
I don't think the R is 1s compatible. It also obviously doesn't have a booster for the BEC. Certainly the manual states 2s lipo only operation. I think the only esc that speed passion have is the 1.1 ex which is 1s compatible. For 1/12 most people I know run the hobby wing 1s esc with internal booster.
Which is the reason I'll be installing a 6.6volt life rx pack to power the servo and esc.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone else had a problem with the Reventon Pro not shutting off with the pushbutton?
Mine will turn on fine with the button but I have to unplug the battery to turn it off lately. It worked fine before?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Which is the reason I'll be installing a 6.6volt life rx pack to power the servo and esc.
Try it but I'm pretty sure it won't work very well if at all.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks,
Mark
For sure it is not rated or recommended to run 1s.

Originally Posted by jreeves
Anyone else had a problem with the Reventon Pro not shutting off with the pushbutton?
Mine will turn on fine with the button but I have to unplug the battery to turn it off lately. It worked fine before?
Are you running any positive throttle trim? If so set it to "0" and see if it will turn off. Also make sure you update to the newest possible software. I think there was an issue awhile back like what you mentioned.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Need some help on how to get more speed out of my current gear.

Running a reventon 1.1 and 7.5, v3 (old version) motor in my t4 on indoor carpet, rubber tires

i have been running on a small carpet track, running std timing (5degrees), drrs on 5, 7.6 gearing ..

going to race on a larger track soon, 35m straight. does anyone have a good startingpoint with boost, and gearing?

the feeling today is smooooooth and very easy to drive, want to keep a fairly smooth feeling and still get some more top speed
Old 10-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

What's the best software for stock racing, boosted and blinky?
I'm currently using a reventon pro, any help will be apreciated.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bappe
Need some help on how to get more speed out of my current gear.

Running a reventon 1.1 and 7.5, v3 (old version) motor in my t4 on indoor carpet, rubber tires

i have been running on a small carpet track, running std timing (5degrees), drrs on 5, 7.6 gearing ..

going to race on a larger track soon, 35m straight. does anyone have a good startingpoint with boost, and gearing?

the feeling today is smooooooth and very easy to drive, want to keep a fairly smooth feeling and still get some more top speed
Use Stock1 and delay the boost to hit later/more on straights.

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
What's the best software for stock racing, boosted and blinky?
I'm currently using a reventon pro, any help will be apreciated.
Stock and blinky the same?

Stock0 is the option for stock/blinky no ESC timing.

Most top guys seem to prefer Stock 1 for modified classes.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Is there a link for downloading the PC interface without the need of using winzip? Just want the full file size of the PC interface file to upload stock firmware on my reventon pro.
Cause i don't want to download some sponsor software for just using the winzip for only 1 time.

@Nexus,

Thx for the reply.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (98%+)

ive got a pro 1.1 it had the stock sofware in it now has mod 2 in it it has had a slight stutter right at take off if u just hardly give it throttle tried re doing esc radio diff motors diff sensor cables unpluged sensor cable made it way worse. are they all like that or is mine starting to get a issue .
Old 10-26-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

First, I have been able to install the PC interface and i also installed the Stock1 program on my ESC.
Second, the installation of the program on my computer is waaaaaay to complicated comparing to hobbywing.
After completing the update to my esc i'm unable to use the (blue) smart lcd program card when i would like to change some settings to the ESC without my computer, is this normal?
Even when i try to use my LCD professional program card it won't work either.
Even when i would like to connect the ESC to my computer it will not work, the ESC will not reconize the program card.
To my understanding i'm only able to change my ESC settings with a connection to my computer and not with just only with any program card.
If that's correct i'm very dissapointed in this speedpassion thing, cause i really do not like to take my computer with me everytime i'm going to practice or go to a race.
I really like the speedpassion speed controllers but if this is the case i will sell my reventon pro esc and i will not buy any speedpassion esc anymore.
Hopefully someone can help me out if it's possible to use only the program card for changing the esc settings.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys, my son and I both have a ReventonR speed control and they've worked great for a year. Today, my son's is shutting down when he goes full throttle for more than 2 seconds. He can drive it around at 3/4 throttle with no problems and he can blip full throttle constantly, but as soon as he goes full throttle for more than 2 seconds it only has enough power to creep the car back to him. Any ideas?
We've tried different batteries and connectors, have not tried a different motor yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.