Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by derekbsmith
Hey All! New to SP, so I picked up a reventon-r for my FT b4.1 from speedpassion.net, support from
[email protected]. I really liked the iphone wifi functionality. This esc is brand new. Got all hooked up, upgraded and programmed, went to calibrate to my futaba 4pl and futaba rx with correct settings on tx: reverse, epa/atv at 100. w/tx on hold down set button flip switch on and all I see is solid orange on my orange SP esc. Tried a few times, no success. Any help? Thx!
I figured it out, the wires were plugged in w/reverse polarity from the factory, like I said its right out of the box. LoL!
SP, I am not impressed so far after reading these threads and finding this. But, I am an optimist.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Speedpassion people.

Can I run a Reventon Pro in 1s mode with a booster?

If so, what settings do I need to have on the controller?

Djc
Old 11-29-2013, 11:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

can reventon pro esc can run 3.5t motor?
Old 12-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Hi, just wanted to confirm that the mod 2 software V21 actually works with the Reventon R ESC. It does not work with the S version tho.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey Speedpassion people.

Djc

Try turning off LVC. for my stock club that is all i had to do short of soldering the boost in place. also allowed me to remove most of the extra top wiring. the fan, switch ect.
next version of their esc should have the ports connect from the side somehow to clean up installation in small cars like 1/12s. or use low profile connectors.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbboy
Hey Speedpassion people.

Djc

Yes. However, DON'T cut/remove the red wire on the rx plug or it won't work. If you wire a switch in line with the booster you will be able to turn it on and off with that switch (this is what I have done on one of mine). Otherwise you will be able to turn the unit on with the built in switch but you will have to unplug the battery wires to consistently turn it off. The 1s Reventon Pro 1.1 is coming.

You can also use an rx pack in place of a booster and it will give you a little better acceleration and top speed. The Reedy Rx pack is very nice if you want to go that route. If you use a Rx pack you will use the switch for the pack to turn it on and off.

If you are running a 1s Boosted class than you will have to run our Hybrid Boost software. PM me if you need some help with that software. A LOT of testing has recently gone on with some of the team and we are starting to get a handle on what the software is actually doing along with some base setups to try.

Regarding some basic setup settings (getting the unit operational for a 1s application), I would use the following:
-No voltage protection (ie. not voltage cutoff)
-In mod we don't use any Thermal Protection (but this may void your warranty)
-Brake Power needs to be set at 100 (You can then adjust it to your taste from your Tx. My Tx is currently at 75)
-Neutral Width is usually good around 6%
Old 12-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello hello ...
I have a reventon pro with a mmm 8.5 in a 4x4 buggy. I am having a funny issue... When everything is ready to go , if I roll on the throttle , both the orange and red led stay lit . The second I hit the throttle hard , both blink , and continue to blink . I can tell a rpm difference between the two . I have a new sensor wire , and the voltge protection is disabled along with the thermal protection. It does it with Mod 1 and mod2 firmware as well as stock1 . Do I need to replace the sensor board in the motor or what ?
Old 12-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wittyname
Hello hello ...
I have a reventon pro with a mmm 8.5 in a 4x4 buggy. I am having a funny issue... When everything is ready to go , if I roll on the throttle , both the orange and red led stay lit . The second I hit the throttle hard , both blink , and continue to blink . I can tell a rpm difference between the two . I have a new sensor wire , and the voltge protection is disabled along with the thermal protection. It does it with Mod 1 and mod2 firmware as well as stock1 . Do I need to replace the sensor board in the motor or what ?
If you have a different motor, try it....any motor. It is sensor signal problem....since you have replace the cable, it might be the board inside the motor, or the one inside the ESC....hopefully the board inside the motor is bad and you can replace that, but not the one inside the ESC.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nrtv20
Thank you Solara, will take your suggestion to start.

Your recommendation of the carbon battery holder for the SP-1 was also a great move, 4th at this past weekend’s UF1 Midwest event, I didn't even have the car finished until 5 minutes before qualifier! Smooth.
Awesome, glad you like it...
Old 12-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by derekbsmith
I figured it out, the wires were plugged in w/reverse polarity from the factory, like I said its right out of the box. LoL!
SP, I am not impressed so far after reading these threads and finding this. But, I am an optimist.
I am sorry this happened to you, but I hope that was your only problem from now on....
Old 12-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Tech Adept

I tried to Upgrade the software on a Reventon Pro and it failed halv way through. Now the esc won't Connect to the computer or work in the car.

Is there anyting I can do to bring it back or is it finnished?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Tech Adept

Any ideas how to work out the warranty on a motor from rcmart?
Random blowout after 3x10 of practice.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is there a list that explains what firmwares do what for the Reventon line of ESCs?
Old 12-09-2013, 02:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have been reading this thread and have not been able to find a good explaination of the settings on a Reventon R ESC.

I race 21.5t boosted on a track that has a 60mtr (180ft) straight.
I don't seem to be able to find a setup that works on this esc.

I have in the past used hobbywing 2.1 and I cannot relate the speed passions esc settings to that of the hobbywing.

Can someone point in the direction of a thread or something that explains clearly what the hybrib boost 150k relates to and the % hybrid boost relates to. It is a percentage of what? And the DDRS is that the same as the boost per X amount of rpm?

On a hobbywing you add an amount of boost, an amount of turbo and choose when and how quickly it is introduced. The speed passions doesnt seem to work this way.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hi, is the Reventon Pro able to run a motor in reverse direction (CW) with sensored control and boost?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.