Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fredp1
I have 2 program boxes,
a translucent Blue one:- Reventon SMART LCD Program card, version 2 .7
and a Black one:- LCD Professional Program card, version 1.07_110119.

The black box will not connect to any of the Reventon ESC's or connect to the PC software 1.1.022

Is the black LCD Professional program card compatible with the Reventon ESC's?
What is the latest version of the Black box and how do you update it?

Thanks
Fred
The black programming boxes and cards will not work with Reventon ESCs.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Catharsis_UA
Fragile bottom deck on Your Reventon Pro? No Probem
Or u just don't crash
works for me
Old 09-12-2013, 05:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The black programming boxes and cards will not work with Reventon ESCs.
Okay. Thank for the update.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Just had a second club race stock esc go on me, that's 2 in 4 months. This one was a waranty replacement, I think I'll go to a different speedie next time, I have the same stock programme on a reventon S and Havnt had any problems.

It's a sensor Issue in the speedie,has anyone had similar problems.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yogi-
Just had a second club race stock esc go on me, that's 2 in 4 months. This one was a waranty replacement, I think I'll go to a different speedie next time, I have the same stock programme on a reventon S and Havnt had any problems.

It's a sensor Issue in the speedie,has anyone had similar problems.
I only have the Pro and that has been good so far, sorry to hear about your issues. Reach out to SP and see if they can help you, they have good customer service and reps on here.

If all else fails, the Hobbywing Justock is a killer stock ESC too.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I only have the Pro and that has been good so far, sorry to hear about your issues. Reach out to SP and see if they can help you, they have good customer service and reps on here.

If all else fails, the Hobbywing Justock is a killer stock ESC too.
That depends on where he bought it from, if he bought from Hong Kong the reps here won't help him, if he bought it from the Australian SP distributor then he'll have to ship it back to them.

Yogi, what brand & model motor are you using with that esc? I recall some brands & models of motors had sensor issues with the Reventon esc's, and to get around it one of the sensor wires had to be cut, could be related to your problem.

I'm using a Reventon S (is basically the same, except for the software) in my F1 car and so far haven't any problems with it, but I've only used a Speed Passion and Hobbywing 21.5 motors with it.
As metalnut said, if all else fails then grab a Justock esc, very reliable little esc.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ta04evah
That depends on where he bought it from, if he bought from Hong Kong the reps here won't help him, if he bought it from the Australian SP distributor then he'll have to ship it back to them.

Yogi, what brand & model motor are you using with that esc? I recall some brands & models of motors had sensor issues with the Reventon esc's, and to get around it one of the sensor wires had to be cut, could be related to your problem.

I'm using a Reventon S (is basically the same, except for the software) in my F1 car and so far haven't any problems with it, but I've only used a Speed Passion and Hobbywing 21.5 motors with it.
As metalnut said, if all else fails then grab a Justock esc, very reliable little esc.

Cheers
Rob.
Oh, I didn't know they cared about the source of purchase. I've gotten my SP stuff from SP USA, since they have a warehouse here now.

As for your other comment, I believe it is Viper motors that don't work right with the SP ESCs due to the temperature sensor that Viper uses.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Adept

Used two different motors. The 1st one went with a reedy21.5 This one was a tracstar 21.5
This one was the replacement from warranty on the 1st one so I Havnt lost out and I intend to send it back again. There was no feed back as to wat was wrong with the 1st one, they just sent a new one.
The reventon S I have has never missed a beat. I just liked the idea of an esc strictly for blinky
Old 09-14-2013, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yogi-
Used two different motors. The 1st one went with a reedy21.5 This one was a tracstar 21.5
This one was the replacement from warranty on the 1st one so I Havnt lost out and I intend to send it back again. There was no feed back as to wat was wrong with the 1st one, they just sent a new one.
The reventon S I have has never missed a beat. I just liked the idea of an esc strictly for blinky
Well hopefully the next one for you keeps working, even though it's covered by warranty it's still a little inconvenient & frustrating to send it back, more so in your case when it goes a 2nd time.
Likewise in regards to the Reventon S, mine has performed well in my F1 car.

I helped a guy last night to set his up as he bought the 21.5 combo (Reventon S, LED Box & 21.5 motor) set from Walter Hobbies and I was surprised to see that they are finally pre loaded with the blinky software, instead of mod software like mine was.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default speed passion reventon pro

Hi, i am having this issue with my Speed passion pro & speed passion motor 10.5r, just bought and received it couple of days, really frustrated with it. when i applied low throttle input, it bogs and the motor will stuck making weird noise, i wish someone had this issue before and has a fixed for it. or else i have no choice but to contact the seller(ebay) and request for replacement.

youtube.com/watch?v=gbAh8Am5m1g link for video i made.

please help
Old 09-14-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by seventhstring
Hi, i am having this issue with my Speed passion pro & speed passion motor 10.5r, just bought and received it couple of days, really frustrated with it. when i applied low throttle input, it bogs and the motor will stuck making weird noise, i wish someone had this issue before and has a fixed for it. or else i have no choice but to contact the seller(ebay) and request for replacement.

youtube.com/watch?v=gbAh8Am5m1g link for video i made.

please help
God, that sounds horrible. At first I thought it was just cogging, so I was going to say sensor wire or something with the sensor board. But that noise in the 2nd half of the video... I have no idea
Old 09-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by metalnut
God, that sounds horrible. At first I thought it was just cogging, so I was going to say sensor wire or something with the sensor board. But that noise in the 2nd half of the video... I have no idea
yeah, i tried messing around with esc and motor timing it doesn't really help either, i should have stick to low to medium range esc and motor combo like hobby wing, ezrun etc, cost me a lot cheaper and giving me less problems and headache.

anyway,thanks for your reply at least i have rough idea where to look. will try to swap motor from my another setup to see if the problem persist.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone have experience with the new reventon pro 1.1

thanks
Old 09-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone know the part number for the capacitor for the reventon pro 1.1 I got mine caught in my spur gear (don't ask) and I can't find the part number anywhere.

I guess any cap is fine I just need to know one that works for sure.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi All,

I'm looking for advice, I'm just getting back to TC after a while. I have a Xray T2R pro that I just finished building recently and have been running a Revention S esc and a V3 21.5 motor with a FDR of 3.4-3.5 with temps below 50C.
This weekend I put in a new Revention Pro esc and a new MMM 21.5, I ran about a dozen laps and on my 2nd run on the third lap the motor smoked, the motor was not very hot to touch ...... I was running a heat sink and fans. Any ideas, the FDR at the time was around 3.3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.