The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo99
On the previous page I posted how there is no help here,and now the next page is full of help and advice...
Is that what it takes?...really?
OK,you can help me.
I bought three reventon pros and was led to believe the software/firmware was FULLY developed.
Now I'm not being nasty,or threatening in any way,or calling you names etc,but answer me this honestly.

Did Speedpassion release this ESC with software/firmware in its production stage to consumers too early,just to beat Muchmores Fleta 4 team of software engineers?
And why not wait until you got all the bugs out of YOUR firmware first,so that upgrades would take effect and not blow up processors?
And yes,I work with this stuff....a lot.

Answer me that.
Tim
Could I get an answer please.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

What issues are you having?
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

what are your issues? I have been running the reveton pros since the day they arrived in the us. I own 6 of them and run them in off road and on road without any issues. At the track I run at I help people who do not really read instructions and set them up with no problems. So what are your issues maybe someone will help you if you let them know. By the way the muchmore fleta is the exact same esc as the reveton they get it from speed passion and runs the same soft ware.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by durtbag
I will post this here..... not like I will get a resolution or anything

So I updated my iOS app, now I have "SAFE MODE". Tried to update firmware in "SAFE MODE", get to the point where I have a progress bar telling me it is updating, and then "UPDATE FAIL, RESET ESC" warning.

HOW DO I RESET THE ESC???????????

THIS PRODUCT JUST SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!
So the latest on this is that somehow the Reventon R ESC has magically acquired the wrong Identity Code in the Firmware, this is why the WiFi Module can't read the data from the ESC. There is no way to fix this with any programming device they make?
Now SP wants me to send the ESC to HK to have it fixed. The expense of sending it back to them with a trackable shipping service will exceed the value of the ESC.

I can't think of any ESC's on the market that would require an ESC with a Firmware issue to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.

How can SP honestly expect their customers to keep paying for repair costs on ESC's, when the failures are obviously caused by their easily corruptible Firmware?

Ridiculous!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey everyone, I'm in need of a little help. I'm running a sp gt2.0, firmware version 117, software v3 508 no timing but the esc is not blinking? Am I missing somthing here, or does the sp gt2.0 not blink?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 32819toon
i've bought a reventon S esc, what is the best option for programming ? a program card, wi-fi module or bluetooth module ?
I have a Hobbywing program box already & found out that i could use that. Having spent hours trying, the PC won't see the box even though it says that there is a driver installed. Tried on a new laptop & almost installed the Hobbywing driver, but failed when the box became unplugged. After attempting a second time, the PC again wouldn't see the box.

Any one have any clues why this is happening and what i can do about it ?
Old 06-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crotty777
Hey everyone, I'm in need of a little help. I'm running a sp gt2.0, firmware version 117, software v3 508 no timing but the esc is not blinking? Am I missing somthing here, or does the sp gt2.0 not blink?
I run a couple of GT 2.1 prostock's in blinky mode but they don't blink. Long as you see 508 no timing when you plug in the program box I believe you are good to go.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

I have 2 GT 2.1 EX. One blinks, the other doesn't. When they blink, it is a very dim LED on the bottom of the ESC, very hard to see.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

So is the Reventon Pro v1.1 worth it or not so much? Might have to go with the Xerun 3.1....
Old 07-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can a esc be broken by connecting the motor wires wrong
Old 07-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
So is the Reventon Pro v1.1 worth it or not so much? Might have to go with the Xerun 3.1....
The original Reventon Pro is pretty comparable to the Hobbywing V3.1; I own both.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Yes, a sensored speedo can be damaged with the ABC wires on the wrong order.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CL
Yes, a sensored speedo can be damaged with the ABC wires on the wrong order.
What will happen as a result?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:42 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I would reconnect the wires in the correct order, and test it again. If it still does not work, send it in for repair.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

What are you exact issues? The Reventons were released long before the Much More ESC.

Originally Posted by durtbag
So the latest on this is that somehow the Reventon R ESC has magically acquired the wrong Identity Code in the Firmware, this is why the WiFi Module can't read the data from the ESC. There is no way to fix this with any programming device they make?
Now SP wants me to send the ESC to HK to have it fixed. The expense of sending it back to them with a trackable shipping service will exceed the value of the ESC.

I can't think of any ESC's on the market that would require an ESC with a Firmware issue to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.

How can SP honestly expect their customers to keep paying for repair costs on ESC's, when the failures are obviously caused by their easily corruptible Firmware?

Ridiculous!
Where did you purchase the ESC? Was this a Asian, UK, or other market outside of the USA?

Originally Posted by crotty777
The GT 2.0s have the light on the bottom of the ESC. Depending on how you have it mounted you may or may not see the "blinking". This was changed with the Reventons and the light was placed on top for "tech" at races.

Originally Posted by onekiwi

Yes and no. Normally this wouldn't damage the ESC, but it is hard to say without knowing specifics.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.