Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by SP CS
What we can help you with?
On the previous page I posted how there is no help here,and now the next page is full of help and advice...
Is that what it takes?...really?
OK,you can help me.
I bought three reventon pros and was led to believe the software/firmware was FULLY developed.
Now I'm not being nasty,or threatening in any way,or calling you names etc,but answer me this honestly.

Did Speedpassion release this ESC with software/firmware in its production stage to consumers too early,just to beat Muchmores Fleta 4 team of software engineers?
And why not wait until you got all the bugs out of YOUR firmware first,so that upgrades would take effect and not blow up processors?
And yes,I work with this stuff....a lot.

Answer me that.
Tim
Old 06-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SP CS
if you are trying to connect the ESC to the computer, no battery and Fan disconnect.
If you are connecting to a program card to change setting, Battery on and fan can stay connect or disconnect.
Which was what I mentioned earlier. But thanks for adding the part about disconnecting the battery when connecting the esc to the computer.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought a 3racing F113 combo(with the speed passion reventon R esc and 17.5R motor)and got around to running today. I'm using a spektrum Dx2 radio and set it up per manual. Took it out for a test drive and zero braking. Then tried a few other radio set ups I have and still NO brakes. Did I get a defective unit? Or am I possibly missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by busman
Just installed an Revention Pro/Novak Ballistic 21.5, all said and done link the Radio etc... pull the throttle and just get a squink sound, actually tries to run backward first then tries to go forward, was able to run the car for a miniute or two, but when I came to a stop same Squink and no go.

Tried timing low and high, same thing... anyone have an Idea? Used the box to setup speedo, all checks out, latest firmware etc.. Whaats going on?
Are you sure the motor is working fine? Do you have another ESC to test this Motor? I guess the 21.5 motor have some problem.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ^jynx^
I bought a 3racing F113 combo(with the speed passion reventon R esc and 17.5R motor)and got around to running today. I'm using a spektrum Dx2 radio and set it up per manual. Took it out for a test drive and zero braking. Then tried a few other radio set ups I have and still NO brakes. Did I get a defective unit? Or am I possibly missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Which ESC firmware are you using?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by WMGary
Which ESC firmware are you using?
To be honest I'm not sure. It's right out of the box.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

To be honest I'm not sure. It's right out of the box.
Are you sure the ESC is Revetnon R? Because 3Racing F113 combo set is using Reventon S.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Cale79
I just have bought a Reventon Pro. Now i setted it up with the stock1 firmware without any problems. I also wanted to update the programbox to 2.7. Each time i try to do this the pc stops the program at 2%.

Any options i can go try out?
Waiting around 6 mins although the progress bar is freezed.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

My reventon stock and my reventon s both had very little if no brakes, had to ajust via the lead program card.i think you can do it via the reset button, i think the club stock was standard at 30% brakes.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that my Reventon came out of the box with the brake setting at 30%. I turned it up to 70% and my tc has all the brakes I could want...
Old 06-10-2013, 04:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Your right it is the S. but either way the brakes suck out of the box. I'm assuming I need the card to adjust it?
Old 06-10-2013, 02:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by WMGary
Waiting around 6 mins although the progress bar is freezed.
As i wrote i had the same problem. As i now tryed to start the program as administrator it worked flawless. So try that

I updated the esc with stock1. The programbox with 2.7. At the track i had the problem my esc didnt do anything anymore. So make sure u test it. The esc didnt want to start up anymore. After putting the 2.4firmware into the programbox it worked fine again. All setting also the hybribboost work great.

This esc is a monster !
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Wish I'd have stayed with my Reventon pro all along. Moved to a flow works but that went pete tong at the weekend....

Reventon shall be staying in the car from now on. Any changes in software since around december?... Running 13.5

Last edited by Mi4cxl; 06-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ok, I'm about to install a reventon pro in my 17.5 tc. And have a few questions;

1) how to I install the 'stock 0' blinks mode software onto the esc?
2) will I have compatibility issues with the Novak 17.5 motor?
Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Also does the fleta 4 software work on this? If so is there any advantage to it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.