The Speed Passion Thread >

The Speed Passion Thread

Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Newbster98
Can any one give me any idea what a safe operating temp would be for a Reventon stock club race esc and 17.5 competition V3 motor? I have been running a consistent 120 to 125 degrees f. What is your opinion on the temp? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
If you are happy with the performance... it's perfect!
You could probably go up a tooth on your pinion as 130-140 is very safe.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Any one know when the 13.5 firm ware is coming??
What settings are people using for the reventon using a tp13.5 green rotor.

On the lcd box it has
Hb power ??
Slope rate??
Dont see these on any sheets??
Thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Quietman
Any one know when the 13.5 firm ware is coming??
What settings are people using for the reventon using a tp13.5 green rotor.

On the lcd box it has
Hb power ??
Slope rate??
Dont see these on any sheets??
Thanks
What do you mean 13.5 firmware? Are you running boosted or Blinky?
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
What do you mean 13.5 firmware? Are you running boosted or Blinky?
13.5 boosted
On speed passion web and in instructions of reventon says stock software soon???
Old 04-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

13.5 boosted
On speed passion web and in instructions of reventon says stock software soon???
Stock1 is the software that you want to use...

And I see there are at least 2 setup sheets for 13.5 boost setting....look at the below link and click 1/10th touring stock class

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Old 04-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Stock1 is the software that you want to use...

And I see there are at least 2 setup sheets for 13.5 boost setting....look at the below link and click 1/10th touring stock class

http://www.speedpassion.net/us/escsetup.asp
Ok
But on the instructions for the hybrid boost software description it does say this is for motors up to 10.5 software for higher turn motors available soon

But will give these another go
Thanks
Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Ok
But on the instructions for the hybrid boost software description it does say this is for motors up to 10.5 software for higher turn motors available soon

But will give these another go
Thanks
I think you may be confusing the Hybrid firmware with the more common and current V20 release.
Controller version V1.1.0.22 is what is shown as the latest release on the website. From January 2013.
Use Stock1 for your speedo and you should be good to go.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i need some help please i upgraded my reventon pro,calaborated it and drove for less than a minute then it shuts down now it's not staying on when i push the button but if i hold it down the sevo gets power but not the motor can anyone help me.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just wanted to let you know the Speed Passion MMM motor series and Reventon S speed controls are a wicked setup for F1 racing. Over the weekend I managed to lay down the fastest laps against other competitors who were using expensive speed controls/motor setups. The power transfer from the MMM motor to the wheels was consistent and smooth, as many of you know these are important elements for F1 racing. If your looking for smooth acceleration coming out through the corners and mad rip down the straight stretches you cant beat SP MMM motors and SP speed controls. Regardless of what Speed Passion speed control and MMM motor you get, you know its going to be the best.

Thanks SP!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi guys, i just got my hands on the reventon r and been testing it on the track but getting some problem with it. Currently the esc is running on stock1 v19.

Problem is the esc will suddenly run without boost in a middle of a run. i have to do a full stop or sometimes turn off and on the esc to get the boost to working again.
i also get 2 lights blinking on the esc after the run.

Hope the experts can help.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Eazy
hi guys, i just got my hands on the reventon r and been testing it on the track but getting some problem with it. Currently the esc is running on stock1 v19.

Problem is the esc will suddenly run without boost in a middle of a run. i have to do a full stop or sometimes turn off and on the esc to get the boost to working again.

Thanks

hi are you running lipo cut off or overheat protection, check next time it happens if the esc and motor are cool or not close to over heating also that the lipos are above 7.9volt turn them both off its the only bug with the esc and also download the new pc software as you should be running stock1 v20

hope it helps
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tcboy1983
hi are you running lipo cut off or overheat protection, check next time it happens if the esc and motor are cool or not close to over heating also that the lipos are above 7.9volt turn them both off its the only bug with the esc and also download the new pc software as you should be running stock1 v20

hope it helps

Hi thanks for the reply,
I turn off both overheat protection and voltage cut off when I tested.
Motor n esc came of 50degC when temp immediately after the run.
Is there another update for the reventon R? Cause last I check it was only v19 stock1 the rest of the profile was able to update to v20

Thanks again
Old 04-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Eazy

Thanks
2 lights blinking is mean the sensor wire connection have some problem. Therefore, the ESC will no boost. Maybe the sensor wire has a bad contact. Change the other sensor wire and then try again.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by spike8625
hey guys i need some help please i upgraded my reventon pro,calaborated it and drove for less than a minute then it shuts down now it's not staying on when i push the button but if i hold it down the sevo gets power but not the motor can anyone help me.
Could you update the ESC firmware again?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WMGary
2 lights blinking is mean the sensor wire connection have some problem. Therefore, the ESC will no boost. Maybe the sensor wire has a bad contact. Change the other sensor wire and then try again.
I did swap to a new sensor wire but it did not help. The thing is this problem is intermittent, it starts fine then in the middle of a run i don't get the boost anymore as though it went to blinky I have to go to a full stop or even on n off again then it works again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.